BigFooty Official Bigfooty Phantom Draft - Trial Run

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick 52 - Liam Fawcett
  • Pick 52 - Brisbane - Liam Fawcett (Central District)

Another key position player for the Lions but a genuine key forward at 198cm. Full profile to come.

roos_fanatic08 is up

Pick 53 - Lance Collard
  • Pick 53 - North Melbourne - Lance Collard - Subiaco - 185cm & 68kg

If you are looking for X-factor Collard has it in spades. He has speed, agility and a whole bag of tricks when playing close to goal.

He is capable of rolling through the midfield, playing on a wing or playing a crumbing small forward. He is a nice kick of the footy and has really good vision that allows him to create scoring opportunities when kicking the ball inside 50.

Around goals, he can kick them from anywhere. Snaps, set shots and goals on the run all come very natural. He creates separation with good agility and a quick first few steps. While many opportunistic forwards tend to play a bit of a selfish game, Collard often brings his teammates into it with unselfish play.

While I really like him as a small forward, I project he has scope to play as a really damaging wingman due to his ability to run and carry and distribute inside 50. North are short on both creative wingers and goal kicking threats so Collard fits the bill for both. He’ll be a bit of a project players, but there is more than enough talent to work with.

Last edited:
    Pick 54 - Riley Weatherill
  • Pick 54 - North Melbourne - Riley Weatherill - Eastern Ranges - 195cm & 88kg

A talk forward prospect who does the basics right. He is a nice mark and a has a neat set shot goal which is important for a key forward. At this stage he is a bit one dimensional, in the fact that he is very much a lead-mark-kick tall forward, but he does it consistently well, which is why he’ll be on many clubs radar later on in the draft.

With his frame, he has scope to be quite a solid lad which is also a positive. At this stage his contested marking and production needs improvement, but he has a decent athletic profile that will hold him in good stead in the big leagues.

Monocle your turn again mate.

Last edited:
    Pick 55 - Joe Pike
  • Pick # 55. West Coast. Joe Pike. 203 cm 103 kg, Ruckman, Geelong Falcons.

download-4.jpg

Big strong, raw a they come kid, with so much still to to learn about ruck craft.

It's a real area of need ( while we took Barnett last year, I think he may well end up back where he started his junior football as a CHB) , NN is cooked well and truely, while the Club won't come out and say it .... I will ..... he can no longer run off straight lines and that a serious concern.
    A pragmatic mind set would have him call stumps on his career as a player and concentrate on coaching ruck craft, which by all accounts he does well.
    Thats a pretty nice situation for Pike to walk into, having a great mentor and coach to help him refine his craft.

He is going to take some time and that time line will be somewhere in the region of three to five seasons, it's my last pick I am happy to roll the dice and see what he can evolve into, by way of an AFL footballer.

Like I said he is so raw, but has also flashed enough for me to see something there that is worth investing in.

Davo-27 you are up.

Pick 56 - Charlie Naish
  • You know he is father son, don’t play games :tearsofjoy:……however………..I will pass.
    No idea what Richmond would do, but once bitten twice shy in my opinion, I think he is almost a similar prospect to pat, but tackles less and pat kicked more goals. Could be a great winger, HF but I wish to go in another direction. Davo-27 all yours.
    PMBangers you are up
    It's an awkward pick and he is one of several I wouldn't mind rolling the dice on, I was changing my mind a few times and edited that post a few times lol

Pick 56 - Fremantle - Charlie Naish - Northern Knights

Tall inside mid who has been pretty consistent inside/outside mid, does a lot of the tough stuff, there are a dozen different options at this point in the draft all speculative at this point

PMBangers you're up

Pick 57 - Wil Dawson
  • Pick 57 - GWS - Wil Dawson
    Gippsland Power - Tall Forward

I'll be shocked if this kid slips this far in the end of season phantom. Dawson has a lot of things going for him when it comes to the type of players people love at the draft;
    1. Tall
    2. Athletic
    3. Dual Position
    4. Impactful and has a good stats sheet
    5. December birthday

Has been mostly stationed in the ruck at CTL level but I think his future is as a deep forward target, his speed on the lead and aerial ability is extremely impressive, and his production at higher levels (Country trials and Country v Young Guns game) all point towards a potential top 20 bolter come November. Still fairly slim for his height so, like one of my early selections in Mitch Edwards, will be a slow burn but I truly see all the tools of a very good AFL level forward here
    eDPS

Last edited:
    Pick 59 - Luker Kentfield
  • 3CA44789-0188-46D9-9403-3D564B8707C2.png

Richmond select;

Luker Kentfield - Fwd

194 cm - 93 kg

Tall agile fwd who is very good below his knees and already getting a taste of senior footy. Not a high disposal fwd but has that fwd defensive pressure and tackles with intent. Takes good marks and has a very sound set shot routine. Helps out in the ruck, has good fwd leading patterns and can be found roaming up the ground and then scurrying back into attack.
    So many options at this point but this being my last pick it was between him, Patrick Weckert and Oscar Ryan, however I wanted to move away from the defensive type of Ryan and I think Luker has got Patrick, only slightly, on agility and athleticism and is currently showing his wares better at the higher level (even though he has now gone back to the colts level) as well as having dual positional traits.
    p.s Oscar Ryan people, cmon. :tearsofjoy:

up next Pie 4 Life

Pick 60 - Ryan Maric
  • Pick 60 - Brisbane - Ryan Maric (Gippsland Power)

Checked with our fearless leader and it's alright so why the hell not? Realise he probably gets picked up in the MSD, possibly with Pick 1, but going to look silly if he isn't taken here and he is available at year's end.

Arr0w

Pick 63 - Coby James and Pick 64 - Tom Beaumont
  • Pick 62 - Western Bulldogs

Coby James
    176cm, 72kg
    Utility

Primarily playing as a midfielder this season, where he can dart in and out of congestion. James can play in a number of different roles for a side with his defensive game and his combination of speed, agility and endurance also a feature. He's also quite a confident and creative player taking the game on when he can. Perhaps he could use it better at times, although he's someone that generally takes the riskier option and can pull it off.

It will be interesting to see where he develops. For the dogs, I'd be attempting to develop him as a lock down small defender as he is ok overhead or use him as a pressure forward that could take turns in the midfield.

Pick 63 - Western Bulldogs

Tom Beaumont
    186cm
    Midfielder/Forward

Strong, big bodied inside midfielder, that can push forward and kick goals. Very clean player and a bull at the clearances. Also has good endurance and a good leap making him a threat when up forward along with his one on one work.

Macca19

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 65 - Bailey Harbour
  • I was certain Reschke would be mine. Frustrating.

Pick 65 - Port

Bailey Harbour - East Perth - 189cm Defender

Capable of playing as a third tall defender, or pushing up the field and rebounding more, Bailey looms as a smart pick for a Power backline in need of some redevelopment. With all of Jonas, Clurey and Mckenzie nearing the end, Port need some defensive cover and Bailey is as good as it gets at this point in the draft. A strong mark, solid one on one and neat skills, Port will look at developing him alongside the new brigade with Pasini, Stevens and Marshall.

Last edited:
    Pick 66 - Lachlan Charlson
  • Pick 66 - Lachie Charlson - GWV Rebels

More a 'wait and see for the Champs' prospect for me at the moment, but in short I see quite a few of the traits I like in small forwards in Charlson at the moment; aggressive at the ball, defensively manic, comfortable with contested footy, accurate on goal.

goodcop badcop

Last edited:
    Pick 67 - Clay Tucker
  • Pick 66 - Lachie Charlson - GWV Rebels

Write up to come

goodcop badcop

Pick 67 - Western Bulldogs

Clay Tucker
    204cm, 99kg
    Ruckman

Has really improved from last season and caught my in the last young guns game. Starting to impose himself a bit more around the ground and in the ruck contests. He is pretty mobile with good agility and is starting to improve his forward game with his marking and is getting into better positions to receive the ball.

The dogs could do with another developing ruckman with Sweet as the only backup option.

Pie 4 Life bring us home

Last edited:
    Pick 68 - Oscar Ryan
  • Pick 68 - Collingwood - Oscar Ryan (Murray Bushrangers)

Surprised he’s still on the board but I guess I’ll take the punt. Not a massive need but at this point is value and finish off on a high.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back