BigAnt Studios to develop AFL Live 3 - Petition

Remove this Banner Ad

I think they broke our hearts over 3 years ago. It's just about waiting for Big Ant, or if another developer who are mad into Football that can create a proper Football game. If Live 3 is a reality, I guarantee it's going to be the same mark, kick, slow pace game play, just with higher graphics and few extra modes. A lot of people were so disappointed with Challenge 3, that's why I wouldn't get your hopes up for their next cash grab game. I think they've made 6 iterations of AFL, and they've all been miles behind the one Football game Big Ant made.

They are miles behind AFL Live 1 as they don't fundamentally understand AFL like Big Ant does. Big Ant actually provides game analysis to various AFL clubs.

They are miles behind AFL Live 1 as they don't fundamentally understand AFL like Big Ant does. Big Ant actually provides game analysis to various AFL clubs.

Absolutely. That's why I'm perplexed when people say AFL Live 2 has better elements than 1. I didn't notice one thing better, I returned the game after one day and played Live 1 to death.

It would be great to see Big Ant do AFL again, not entirely sure how, but maybe something in the realm of Don Bradman or maybe the "Gary Ablett" gold label AFL edition :)

AFL would need to change their attitude and start investing in AFL video games. They have interest in investing in e sports, so there's some hope, maybe.

AFL would need to change their attitude and start investing in AFL video games. They have interest in investing in e sports, so there's some hope, maybe.

You'd have to pitch it in a way where a new game is good from a marketing stand point for them, sell it as a good idea etc..then you'd have two games on the market, Evolution + and a BA game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fighting to get Big Ant back by petitioning Tru Blu to dump Wicked Witch won't do anything to improve the state of AFL games. If Tru Blu wanted to keep Big Ant after AFL Live 1, They would have. (We all know why.) Even, If they do decide to dump WW, It doesn't guarantee that they will just go back to BA. They could easily go to other devs like Trickstar Games (The makers of the infamous Ashes Cricket 2013), Torus Games (Who have made mostly licensed games and developed some of Tru Blu's earlier work.) or PikPok (The remanence of Rugby League and Rugby Challenge developers, Sidhe) and We'll be back to square one and stuck in the same cycle that we have been in for the last 5 years with no sight of coming out.

Really, If people want to make a change. They need to stop posting stuff along the lines of "Wicked Witch is s**t! They'll never do any good as they have no money! Save us Big Ant!!!!" 12 times a day, get off their butts & do something about it!

Start a campaign to petition the AFL to fund more into their games (That's probably the one thing we all agree on.), Try to as a group to approach BigAntStudios about making another pitch for the AFL game rights. (I'm sure Ross really wants another crack at it.) or even put your money where your mouth is about lack of funding and start a online fundraising campaign to help fund Wicked Witches so they can improve on their base from AFL Evolution. (But I doubt people who hate the game would want to do that as some would rather wallow in the past and complain then to help out the future.)

I think everyone can agree that we want a good AFL game but at the moment, It seems like one side is trying to help get us there and the other is trying to tear us back down to square one.

I don't care if you love or hate AFL Evolution, All I ask is that that the people who hate the game actually try to do something that could help us all in the long run instead of just using your keyboards to crap on the game in an Over-the-Top fashion a dozen times a day. There are more productive ways to get the AFL game that you want but crapping on about how "Wicked Witch Suck" an absurd amount of times each day won't change anything.

Last edited:
Big Ant looking like they're still the king.

I still remember in 2011 Ross saying they had a plan laid out for each iteration of AFL Live where they'd improve marking and goalkicking the way they improved midfield play.

What might have been

I think he said that as early as 2009.

I still remember in 2011 Ross saying they had a plan laid out for each iteration of AFL Live where they'd improve marking and goalkicking the way they improved midfield play.

What might have been

Let's hope Wicked Witch also has a solid plan on how to improve for each iteration of AFL Evolution.

Adding an Ultimate Team (FIFA Style) gamemode will not only bring interest into the game as not only gameplay but for also the management of a "club", it'll also bring in the $$ from people buying packs to compete online.

There is a reason why the majority of sports games out on the market now (FIFA, NBA2k, Madden, MLB The Show etc.) have this game mode, because it makes a heck ton of money.

If you're reading this WW, then work on this game mode for the next release because it'll get people hyped.

What might have been
Having just seen the Rugby screens, it's even more depressing now. We could be 6 years into AFL development, instead we have WW still desperately trying to emulate a 6 year old game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back