BigAnt Studios to develop AFL Live 3 - Petition

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 22, 2009
In My House :)
AFL Club
Richmond
As a fan on AFL Live, I was eagerly anticipating the next installment. I then heard that BA were not the team to be developing the game, and instead it would be developed by Wicked Witch. I was disappointed that BA were not developing the game, yet remained optimistic that the direction of the series would continue forward.
Career mode was announced, and some screenshots were released. I became nervous about the game, it didn't look impressive, didn't sound impressive. Then, some gameplay footage was released... Players taking spekkies left, right and center. Some dodgy kicking animations...
Then, last night I played it....
I was angry. Extremely angry. I was basically playing the dreaded and woeful Wii version of AFL Live but on my Xbox. How could Tru Blue allow this to happen? And then have the nerve to actually release this?

Therefore, I have started a petition. A petition that is asking for BA to develop the next AFL game.
They had a vision. They have a member of the team coming on BF and talking to us, asking us what we want and talking to us about the game and their vision! That goes along way to show that BA actually care about what they develop and release to AFL fans.

If anyone else feel the same way that I do, go and sign this petition. Let's see if we can't raise a bit of a stir with Tru Blue and make them realize that a lot of us are unhappy with their product.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/big-ant-to-develop-afl-live-3/

They lost money on the first one - regardless of how good the game is, the market simply isn't sustainable enough to drain more resources in to

They lost money because of the time taken to build the code from the ground up. When the base is already there any subsequent editions are far easier to produce.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As much as I would love the next AFL game to be back in the safe hands of Big Ant, I will be quick to say that an unlicensed game wouldn't float my boat. It may seem silly to some, but even if the gameplay was brilliant, I couldn't get excited about kicking goals with Jay Ruffscone from the Boorondara Birds of Prey.

As much as I would love the next AFL game to be back in the safe hands of Big Ant, I will be quick to say that an unlicensed game wouldn't float my boat. It may seem silly to some, but even if the gameplay was brilliant, I couldn't get excited about kicking goals with Jay Ruffscone from the Boorondara Birds of Prey.
BA releases Football Academy early (like they did with Cricket), by the time the game is realised a heap of footy obsessed punters have already created the proper lists. Simples.

So now I'm looking for the real meaning of takes one to knowone.

I'll ask Neo I guess... for sure if he knows them then knowone would be a much better developer, definitely give them the gig.

All AFL Live needed was slightly better graphics and some better animations, and then they bring out this load of cow dung.
All it needs is a couple of bug fixes - bit better AI, stop the automatic draw a player in, fix up the protected zones that make it impossibly easy to play on, make bumping less ridiculous and you're probably there with a fantastic AFL game.

I'd certainly pay for a new patch for AFL Live 1.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back