BigAnt Studios to develop AFL Live 3 - Petition

Remove this Banner Ad

Because their publisher also publishes the Wicked Witch version and probably wouldn't be too happy to Big Ant making a direct competitor to one of their titles.

But the unlicenced thing worked perfectly in DBC

I would think that would work in Tru Blue's favor. Either AFL game that gets bought puts money in TB's pocket not to mention put both WW and BA under some pressure to make the better game in order to win the gamers and their money. With no competition there is little incentive for the game companies to make a game better than "good enough".

glory be me. I just want a sniff of news about a potential AFL Live 3. Wouldn't care if it was going to be AFL 2007 with updated lists. Just wanna have a bash of a new AFL game.

TruBlu...I hate you

Couldn't you just play AFL Live 1 with the updated lists? It's far superior to AFL Premiership 2007 or Live 2. :p

I would think that would work in Tru Blue's favor. Either AFL game that gets bought puts money in TB's pocket not to mention put both WW and BA under some pressure to make the better game in order to win the gamers and their money. With no competition there is little incentive for the game companies to make a game better than "good enough".

I've said it'd be great if Tru Blu could forget about licensing AFL and have Big Ant develop an unlicensed game for them. I believe, however, they just want to sell AFL. Even if it's terrible (even they've acknowledged Live 2 sucking), not the sport itself.

So from what i've gathered being a member of AFL Live Hubs on Facebook... the game is definitely in the works, apparently its on a different engine to Rugby Challenge (they aren't using Sidhe's work) and Wicked Witch have had a few guys from the HUB page consult with them about the development, a few of those guys have had to sign contracts so they don't talk. So that can either be good or bad? I for one hope we see it this year, but late this year after the drafts. Otherwise there are going to be huge issues with the whole Essendon debacle (include the top ups? don't include? etc.)

They;re talking s**t. They are speculating.
Playing with our hearts :( Tru blu have been pretty stern on Facebook about having nothing to announce as well. I guess im just one of those people who fangirls over any rumours

I think they broke our hearts over 3 years ago. It's just about waiting for Big Ant, or if another developer who are mad into Football that can create a proper Football game. If Live 3 is a reality, I guarantee it's going to be the same mark, kick, slow pace game play, just with higher graphics and few extra modes. A lot of people were so disappointed with Challenge 3, that's why I wouldn't get your hopes up for their next cash grab game. I think they've made 6 iterations of AFL, and they've all been miles behind the one Football game Big Ant made.

I think there is no doubt WW is currently making the next AFL Live. I think truBlu are hiding it because they are not confident on how long before it’s released. I'm guessing they will want some quality but looking at the time RC3 took to hit the market just shows how risky partnering with WW is.

TruBlu have made a complete mess of this partnering with a mobile game developer and hoping everyone will look the other way. For me I have to believe the AFL is watching this - surely someone is ??!! - and thinking if trublu screw this up then they should not be considered for the license moving forward.

If I was in the AFL I would push to partner directly with BigAnt - forfeit an expensive licensing fee and help them make a game that both the AFL and BigAnt can share in the profits. TruBlu is a disgrace and the AFL powerbrokers should be well aware of their lost opportunity.

My understanding is the AFL Facebook Hub guys are helping test and early on they seemed to be raving about the direction and “that we are in good hands”. Then they seemed to go completely silent on the issue.

It sucks to be an AFL fan who wants an acceptable game developed. Until BigAnt get back in the game I hold little hope this is coming.

Well, confirmed or not I guess a new game is pretty much not going to happen this year. Only chance would be if the game is about to drop without any rumour and zero marketing, or if TB are short sighted enough to release AFL title for Christmas title with 2016 playing lists.

Have to admit, even though I didn't have my hopes up I'm still disappointed that we won't get to see what WW had been working on. Also considering AFL is a billion dollar industry two games in seven odd years is dead set shizen.

Well, confirmed or not I guess a new game is pretty much not going to happen this year. Only chance would be if the game is about to drop without any rumour and zero marketing, or if TB are short sighted enough to release AFL title for Christmas title with 2016 playing lists.

You actually pretty much nailed TruBlu's marketing strategy. :thumbsu:

As a fan on AFL Live, I was eagerly anticipating the next installment. I then heard that BA were not the team to be developing the game, and instead it would be developed by Wicked Witch. I was disappointed that BA were not developing the game, yet remained optimistic that the direction of the series would continue forward.
Career mode was announced, and some screenshots were released. I became nervous about the game, it didn't look impressive, didn't sound impressive. Then, some gameplay footage was released... Players taking spekkies left, right and center. Some dodgy kicking animations...
Then, last night I played it....
I was angry. Extremely angry. I was basically playing the dreaded and woeful Wii version of AFL Live but on my Xbox. How could Tru Blue allow this to happen? And then have the nerve to actually release this?

Therefore, I have started a petition. A petition that is asking for BA to develop the next AFL game.
They had a vision. They have a member of the team coming on BF and talking to us, asking us what we want and talking to us about the game and their vision! That goes along way to show that BA actually care about what they develop and release to AFL fans.

If anyone else feel the same way that I do, go and sign this petition. Let's see if we can't raise a bit of a stir with Tru Blue and make them realize that a lot of us are unhappy with their product.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/big-ant-to-develop-afl-live-3/

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw a good point on Facebook too. Hopefully they leave it till after draft and fixture release so we have the 2017 game, not this years teams

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back