BFL discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Now that East Point have announced their coach, is there any word out of Melton South on who will be coaching?

• Qualifying final: Melton v Darley @ Maddingley Park (Saturday)
  • Elimination final 2: Sebastopol v East Point @ Eastern Oval (Saturday)
  • Elimination final 1: North Ballarat v Redan @ Eastern Oval (Sunday)

Interesting to see Sunbury debuted 3 players in a must win game yesterday. Is that due to injuries? Or something else happening there?

• Qualifying final: Melton v Darley @ Maddingley Park (Saturday)
  • Elimination final 2: Sebastopol v East Point @ Eastern Oval (Saturday)
  • Elimination final 1: North Ballarat v Redan @ Eastern Oval (Sunday)
I note Sebastopol (3rd) Vs East Point (6th) is at Eastern Oval - how does that work?
Can anyone please explain how finals venues are allocated?
Do the (higher placed) clubs nominate their preferred venue, or does the league select in advance?
Also, would a higher placed Ballarat based club be made to play down the freeway or vice versa?

I note Sebastopol (3rd) Vs East Point (6th) is at Eastern Oval - how does that work?
Can anyone please explain how finals venues are allocated?
Do the (higher placed) clubs nominate their preferred venue, or does the league select in advance?
Also, would a higher placed Ballarat based club be made to play down the freeway or vice versa?
League decides. Hence the quality of the decisions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Div 3 Southern League fair way of BFL. I’m sure a couple of the players that they brought into south this year would make a competitive team at that level
He came from southern to help Hamilton.

He coached div1 southern last year .

I know him personally he lives 1.5 hours from melton .

He was there to help Hamilton and ended up having to ride the year out on his own .

Props to him for sticking it out , and from all reports south love him .

North Ballarat is out of the Ballarat Football Netball League under-17 seniors football finals after being found to have fielded an ineligible player in the opening week of the finals series.

AFL Victoria announced on Wednesday that it had rejected an application from North Ballarat Football and Netball Club to appeal BFNL's decision deeming the player to be ineligible, which had led to the Roosters having their win over Darley in an elimination final taken from them and the match awarded to the Devils.

Darley initially took the matter to the BFNL, alleging North Ballarat had used a player who had not played the required minimum of three home and away games to qualify for finals.
The complaint stated the player had taken part in only two games.

I know it’s juniors but I thought I’d share here anyway....Hard to believe this could happen , rules are pretty simple, play 3 games to qualify. Feel bad for the rest of the North players.

Is there something else to this story? A mix up ? Surely north wouldn’t try to pull the wool over everyone’s eyes with something so blatant ?

Not aware of that, or even know much about the u17’s issue. Just found it funny someone from North complaining about a club grassing on another club
So, you're speaking to things you're quite clearly not across..
As for complaining, hardly.
I just noted that lagging another team for a mistake that you'd made yourself is interesting, hardly a controversial or inflammatory stance.

So, you're speaking to things you're quite clearly not across..
As for complaining, hardly.
I just noted that lagging another team for a mistake that you'd made yourself is interesting, hardly a controversial or inflammatory stance.
I never spoke of those things as I’m not across them. You did.
I know of North lagging teams in. That’s all I said

My own opinion, but I think it’s a pretty inexcusable mistake for any team in any league to make (or even nearly make) when it’s only 3 games.
I find it hard to believe Atleast one of the following didn’t know the player hadn’t played enough games.

-The player themself
-Either of the parents
-The coach
-The team manager
-teammates

Not to sound like a smart ass, but surely it ain’t hard to count to 3, Knowone seems to have any trouble counting when it comes to 50 & 100 game milestones …

Anyway, looking forward to senior finals this weekend, All 3 games could go either way.