BFL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

You hear good things about Learmonth & given they're going through a mini-rebuild, some continuity is great. Good on both sides in getting it done early so they can continue with planning.

It should be a good contest at Clarke.
Marsh v Sebas is another good match up.
Many people, me included, thought Bacchus Marsh would be big improvers. Have not seen that they are much better than last year yet unfortunately. They should be beating Sebas though with their injuries mounting. Anyone know what is going on with Andrejs Everitt, injured? or not going to play at all?

Many people, me included, thought Bacchus Marsh would be big improvers. Have not seen that they are much better than last year yet unfortunately. They should be beating Sebas though with their injuries mounting. Anyone know what is going on with Andrejs Everitt, injured? or not going to play at all?

I’m pretty sure he has a shoulder injury, they were hoping he would be back for the Darley game, haven’t heard anything since.

I believe Everitt was injured and is regaining fitness.

No idea re: Redan/Sebas.
For a whole side to be made to sit out pending investigation, citing potential spectator involvement too, the Courier article doesn't paint a great picture.
Hopefully the investigations will be completed promptly, whatever determinations are made and young people can return to having a kick.

Anyone know what happened in the Redan/Sebastopol u17s? I read Sebas have been suspended pending investigation. Not good
Absolute rubbish, 4 free kicks paid against the club in succession in the goal square from back chat to a biased umpire with a bit of a personal vendetta against a few involved, who is also a board member of the BFL.

Apparently the club hasn't been informed of anything for over a week, couldn't get the BFL to even comment/confirm what they were getting stood down for untill The courier magically gets all the info, league more interested in blabbing to reporters than informing its own clubs.

I don’t understand how an “investigation” can take two weeks. And why it needs to be done by the AFL. The quotes in the article from the BFNL spokesperson are abit embarsssing, they clearly know what’s happened.

Either get on the front foot straight away & hand down punishment or move on.

With the North City stuff & grand final venue change last year, the league hasn’t painted itself in the best light in recent times IMO.

Anyway, few interesting games today. Sunbury on their home deck will fancy themselves you’d think against one of the top teams. And Redan have played well against Darley recently. Probably finals out of the question for the loser of Sebas/Marsh.

Was disappointing to see no Ballarat players in the rooms after the game yesterday. There was a handful of supporters but no players there when the around the ground scores and best on grounds were announced.

Was disappointing to see no Ballarat players in the rooms after the game yesterday. There was a handful of supporters but no players there when the around the ground scores and best on grounds were announced.
Sometimes clubs have their own functions or something on. But Ballarat clubs don’t make too much effort a lot of the time I’ve noticed

Sometimes clubs have their own functions or something on. But Ballarat clubs don’t make too much effort a lot of the time I’ve noticed

More often than not it's not usually the best environment to head into especially from Ballarat when up the highway but sad to say gone are the days of whole teams heading up for a beer and a chat before heading down the home in both directions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was suprised by the Sunbury/north margin, but I’ve since heard Covid has swept through north BlueJet ?
Yep, we were pretty flat.
Credit to Sunbury, they're a good side and some of the growth from their guys over the last few years has been impressive.

Re: going into the rooms, I can see it both ways but it's still probably an area of improvement across the board.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back