Bendigo Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh I'll have to agree, Kyneton will be encountering a very long season at the bottom half of the ladder. Captain Eve is only getting "heavier" and older, this should be his last season. Note the should there.
I think Scerri will defitnitly run up a few games in the seniors for the bendigo bombers. Alot of their new recruits are the younger variety, rat's got a good footy knowledge. He's gonna be surely missed by Kyneton but this is a great oppurtunity for mark and it would've been a disappointment to see him have to play at Kyneton for another season.
I agree with south_hawk, Jake Matthews should also get a run in the seniors for the bombers. Hopefully Josh Bowe will score up a whole season with them so he doesnt go back to Eaglehawk and kill us again.

Just looking at the Bendigo Bombers list and they've actually lost a lot of their players so quite a few of the newbies should get a go. Scerri will play the majority of the year in the seniors and don't think he'll play in the 2's at any stage unless recovery from injury. Only know 7 of the new recruits but judging from them I would say Josh Bowe & Jake Matthews would be 2 other likely players to join the seniores in 06.

Also just adding Shez got 4th in a club time trial the other day....he was stoked.

blues12 said:
i know for a fact that 4 or 5 players have put in clearances to woodend not sure who they are but have seen it on a website
I'm quite sure Troy Williams was one

Golden Square has picked up a handy player (and good bloke) in Shaun White. He has been overseas for a couple of years but has been a very good player for La Trobe in the Ammos and before that Tatyoon, near Ararat.
Super quick, fit and can kick a goal. I know he's really keen after missing a couple of seasons.

journeyman said:
Golden Square has picked up a handy player (and good bloke) in Shaun White. He has been overseas for a couple of years but has been a very good player for La Trobe in the Ammos and before that Tatyoon, near Ararat.
Super quick, fit and can kick a goal. I know he's really keen after missing a couple of seasons.

Yeah, fair call journeyman, took the words out of my mouth. Whitey will be a great acquisition for Golden Square this year. Will hold down a wing or play on-ball and will bust the game open with his dashing runs. Could cause a miss-match against some opposition due to his speed and running ability, and coz he can also take a grab. If he gets his confidence up will get lots of the ball and make a good impact. If I was playing up forward at Cramer St this year I wouldn't expect too many lace-out passes from him, though..

Also, South Bendigo have signed excitement machine, Daniel Bevan, from Rushworth. Very similar to Ty Elliott in the way he goes about it - huge leap, awesome pace and agility and a great grab, though obviously has to prove himself at BFL level..

He was instrumental in setting up Rushworth's drought-breaking GF win, with a stellar finals series and a couple of blistering goals late in the game to help seal the big one..could be a sensation on the wing or up forward for South..the boys are looking good..

south_hawk said:
I'm quite sure Troy Williams was one

Sorry guys I take that back. I've misunderstood, Troy Williams is staying at Kyneton in 2006 but will be joined by his brother who will be coming over from Woodend, I'm sure of this though. Sorry bout that :rolleyes:

speaking of good pick ups for the square, the word is if ben doherty scores a job in melbourne he will return to g.square and wouldnt that bolster their chance for the big one.
what a huge round 1 its shaping up 2be.

south_hawk said:
I also know Rat, awesome guy. He really loved playing for Essendon and as a lifetime Dons supporter was thrilled to kick it to Hirdy!! although he couldn't hold a tackle to well and definitely was a midget....hope he doesn't read this........sorry shez! I know quite a few of the other recruits to bendigo this year and I would say Scerri would be in the mix for quite a few senior games. Also Jakey Matthews should be in the mix for a few ones appearances.

On the Kyneton front also know a few insiders and their year is going to be long and crap. Have recruited the 'better' Leech brother (so they say) and also say captain Evey is fit and should play a good year. But with the losses of Shez, Ruffell, Orton and heaps others and no recruiting Kyneton looks to be on the down.Feeling sorry for coach Neville, its going to be a long year for poor Nev, son, and other Kyneton-ians.

hawk was wondering if u could tell me all u know about David Leach has signed with hoppers crossing in wrfl.
type of player, height age and what ever else thanx mate

ROCK ... Leatch can play in a key position, but prolly better suited to a flanker position.
He runs well, right through the lines, and can kick a handy goal or 2. Not overly tall but very consistent and pretty tough.
Would be handy pickup for the WRFL but Kyneton Tigers won't clear him without a batle.

Does the name Adrian Camm from Kangaroo Flat mean anything to any BFL followers out there. What type of player is he, position and ability wise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jock Clark 2 said:
ROCK ... Leatch can play in a key position, but prolly better suited to a flanker position.
He runs well, right through the lines, and can kick a handy goal or 2. Not overly tall but very consistent and pretty tough.
Would be handy pickup for the WRFL but Kyneton Tigers won't clear him without a batle.
I think you're being very kind there, Jock. From what I saw of Leatch last year, he always seemed to be on the smallest flanker, wasn't accountable and only really seemed interested in going one way. Admittedly, he's a great kick, and did kick a few goals but i'd like to see how many his direct opponents kicked or had direct involvement in. I don't think he lived up to the amount of money he was rumoured to be on. I'd like to hear anyone else's thoughts.

Have just updated the website with the new logo for North City. Would also like some feedback of the new design of the website.

Feel free to join the forum dedicated exclusively to Bendigo Footy!

:confused: Caveman --- will North City be known as the Roosters beciz they r wearing the traditional North Ballarat colors of black and white .. not vertical stripes like Castlemaine but the yolk.
Or will they drop the nickname Roosters as they are really the North Ball. Junior F'ball Club under a different disguise ?
I see u have a logo, rather than a mascot, for North City on your home page.

Jock Clark 2 said:
:confused: Caveman --- will North City be known as the Roosters beciz they r wearing the traditional North Ballarat colors of black and white .. not vertical stripes like Castlemaine but the yolk.
Or will they drop the nickname Roosters as they are really the North Ball. Junior F'ball Club under a different disguise ?
I see u have a logo, rather than a mascot, for North City on your home page.
:rolleyes: strap, i don't think north will be going by the name of the roosters, i suspose we just called them city.

Herd 2day from the horse's mouth so 2 speak
No way Mark Fitzgerald will b leaving the Hurst for HDFL side Elmore
He'll be pulling on the Dragon jumper again, boys. Senior Sandhurst official said Fitzy is a Dragon player.

Re: A bit concerned!

caveman said:
As a Kangaroo Flat supporter seeing Damian Brown stay on I am excited about next season but with some of the great signings other teams are making I am a bit concerned with how the Flat will go next season.

What are other peoples thoughts?

I think the Flat haven't done enough at retaining some players who have been good players at the club over recent times. The turnover of players who are more than capable of taking this club back to the glory days of years gone past aren't being given the compensation to stay. Players like Micheal Loughman and Pete Moloney could take this club back to the successes enjoyed in the past.

Jock Clark 2 said:
Herd 2day from the horse's mouth so 2 speak
No way Mark Fitzgerald will b leaving the Hurst for HDFL side Elmore
He'll be pulling on the Dragon jumper again, boys. Senior Sandhurst official said Fitzy is a Dragon player.

Spoke to him last night at scubar mate, you are on the money, he is staying a dragon (dont know why)

Bowser said:
I think the Flat haven't done enough at retaining some players who have been good players at the club over recent times. The turnover of players who are more than capable of taking this club back to the glory days of years gone past aren't being given the compensation to stay. Players like Justin Condely and Pete Moloney could take this club back to the successes enjoyed in the past.

I agree with one thing Bowser. Flat are not doing enough to retain players and thats why they are down. But for saying that players like Condely would make a difference is far fetched to say the least. Now don't get me wrong i am not having a go at him personally but he played in a team that won one game and he was a battler at best ( i know its harsh but lets be honest). They have got the milwoods, Austin who are far better. They have got a very good young ruckman and brown needs to do what he can to develop him. Brown himself i think is a better ruckman than CHF. Got potential but can they retain and improve.

You Beauty!! said:
I agree with one thing Bowser. Flat are not doing enough to retain players and thats why they are down. But for saying that players like Condely would make a difference is far fetched to say the least. Now don't get me wrong i am not having a go at him personally but he played in a team that won one game and he was a battler at best ( i know its harsh but lets be honest). They have got the milwoods, Austin who are far better. They have got a very good young ruckman and brown needs to do what he can to develop him. Brown himself i think is a better ruckman than CHF. Got potential but can they retain and improve.

Like i said in other thread YB, bad day mate?

TAKING a 24-hour suspension boys, courtesy of PMOM.
He's concerned I didn't know Steven Oliver had incurred a 1-match BFL suspension and hence his papers could not be actioned by either C'maine or Newstead until Round 1 in the BFL for 2006 had been completed.
Catch you all Sunday, if PMOM is happy that's sufficient purgatory to serve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back