Bendigo FNL 2017

Who will win this year's BFNL senior flag

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

And on my last, i really believe that they need 2 or 3 quality recruits but try to identify "good" club people to go with that. I can't stand it when a club like Castlemaine are prepared to fork out some big bucks to a guy, i have someone in particular in mind, who when he's on the park is very handy. .....but if he has some injury struggles throughout the year decides that "when im not playing im not going to be at the game for support " !!!!!.....on ya bike Mike !!!!

Isn’t there like 10-12 fellas out Newbridge this year that have either played junior football in Castlemaine or have played senior football with them. Somethings very alarming there ain’t it?

Isn’t there like 10-12 fellas out Newbridge this year that have either played junior football in Castlemaine or have played senior football with them. Somethings very alarming there ain’t it?
You would be right there UNKNOWN04, in my 4 years involved there i was constantly hearing about players that were playing elsewhere but were from Castlemaine and were former Castlemaine juniors or senior players. Got nothing against blokes playing at clubs with mates but get behind your home club and have a crack at the higher level, you can always drop back a level down the track. Im sure i know a few of the blokes you mentioned at Newbridge but one i definitely know is Tommy Horne, there's a bloke who's thrown his body in at the 'Maine more than once and ive seen him play thru pain many times so as far as im concerned he doesn't own Castlemaine anything. ........and he's still young enough to go back up to the higher level, especially as he's got VFL experience under his belt too.

Trial Games
Sunbury based RDFL club looking to play seniors, reserves and 18's trial games whether home or away on Saturday the 24th March.

Send a message if you are keen and interested to arrange.

You would be right there UNKNOWN04, in my 4 years involved there i was constantly hearing about players that were playing elsewhere but were from Castlemaine and were former Castlemaine juniors or senior players. Got nothing against blokes playing at clubs with mates but get behind your home club and have a crack at the higher level, you can always drop back a level down the track. Im sure i know a few of the blokes you mentioned at Newbridge but one i definitely know is Tommy Horne, there's a bloke who's thrown his body in at the 'Maine more than once and ive seen him play thru pain many times so as far as im concerned he doesn't own Castlemaine anything. ........and he's still young enough to go back up to the higher level, especially as he's got VFL experience under his belt too.

Isn't Tommy Horne still at Castlemaine?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been pretty boring on here of late, can anyone tell me how eaglehawk looking? Who have they picked up?
Sure as sh@t has been a quiet thread mate! !!......gotta be something happ'n somewhere in the BDFL !!!!

Brancatisano was handy for Pyramid Hill a couple of years back but will be interesting to see how he goes up against the high quality mids in the Bendigo League. Positive for C'maine none the less

Brancatisano was handy for Pyramid Hill a couple of years back but will be interesting to see how he goes up against the high quality mids in the Bendigo League. Positive for C'maine none the less

I think he will be a good acquisition, but it will depend on the quality of the other yet unnamed recruits as to whether they can improve to any real extent. I hope they can.

In today's Advertiser Derrick Filo states the Maine will have up to 9 recruits by the start of the season. Let's hope they can improve a lot.
That seems more positive, but lets hope its 9 senior players and not just 9 players, 4 or 5 of which might be has beens with a big rap only to languish in the 2nds !!!...have seen it before.

Can anyone fill me in on any big ins or outs at Golden Square or Eaglehawk ??

Dillon Williams from Rochester to Eaglehawk, gives 110% and loves it in and under but has pace as well.
This guy stands up in finals
Cheers for that. Is he related to Sean Williams at Eaglehawk? .....who i think is also from Rochy. Is Ben McPhee still there ?

Back