List Mgmt. Ben Amarfio - has resigned as our CEO - Thank you Ben

Remove this Banner Ad

Ben copped most flack for his perceived mishandling of the hub. Plenty of stories then and they still linger about the lack of support for Shaw and later his drive to then get Noble the job. Most of the criticism I have heard is his lack of understanding of AFL. That could be a good or bad thing I suppose. I just don't know what his responsibilities were? I suppose the CEO of any company is ultimately responsible for the overall 'company'. Seems the off field business level stuff has been very good - sponsorship, financial position.

I appreciate this man, I don't think I ever felt like he was the best operator from my perspective (as just a punter), but he didn't heck up our off-field and if anything made us stronger. Perhaps that's the entire role for a CEO, I don't know, but a big thanks to him and I hope he is a regular at the club and gets to enjoy the next stage of his club as a punter just like me (though with a lot more corporate boxes haha).

Yep. What's being said in public is not at all whats going on. Coach runs the whole place now.

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app
The coach only agreed to sign on if there was alignment at all the key posts. It doesn’t mean he’s running the club but yeah we agreed to make this setup happen.

Don’t be such an alarmist.

Yep. What's being said in public is not at all whats going on. Coach runs the whole place now.

Patch you’ve been very vocal on this subject and only signed up a few days ago.. coincidence?..

Regardless, thanks for your contribution to our club Ben and also your contribution to BF folklore..

1662184325789.jpeg

GIF by iHeartRadio

Patch you’ve been very vocal on this subject and only signed up a few days ago.. coincidence?..

Regardless, thanks for your contribution to our club Ben and also your contribution to BF folklore..

View attachment 1498276
I was thinking it was someone who has had to change handles a few times over the journey.

👼??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The coach only agreed to sign on if there was alignment at all the key posts. It doesn’t mean he’s running the club but yeah we agreed to make this setup happen.

Don’t be such an alarmist.
I absolutely hope so, time will tell. Hopefully its the last of the changes and we can get some stability for draft and trade period

Is this curiosity really how you want to spend your Saturday?

The previous poster felt that my criticism was unwarranted, that my criticism was in some way a personal insult. The reference to ‘pouring thousands of dollars into the club’ was to clearly point out that myself, along with many others are not just spectators. We have a vested interest in the matter and it was in no way an attempt to blow my own horn.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Aah, jaysus, lads. Is there any danger? Have our teenage sons stolen our phones?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

No I don't think so. Shaw was caretaker for a while after Scott left and had some good results (can't remember the ratio), Shaw was appointed after that. I think Amarfio came on the end of that year or early the next? From memory I think Rawlings came back about the same time?

Mark Brayshaw firming to be next CEO. According to a source close to Clarko and the Brayshaws
Would be a reasonable choice though heard him interviewed recently and he said he had no interest, busy with medicinal cannabis business. Things can change though as we've seen. Xavier might be interested as well? Not sure who else?

Even though only recently appointed President, Sonja has been on the board as a Director the entire time (2-3 years), what's her responsibility in this?

I'm warier than most. It's a fact that she was on the committee that named David Noble as coach and who knows her involvement with what happened with Shaw.

However, you have to admit that she hasn't put a foot wrong so far. The decision to bring Geoff Walsh back in was superb and getting Clarkson over the line was a huge coup for the club.

I appreciate this man, I don't think I ever felt like he was the best operator from my perspective (as just a punter), but he didn't * up our off-field and if anything made us stronger. Perhaps that's the entire role for a CEO, I don't know, but a big thanks to him and I hope he is a regular at the club and gets to enjoy the next stage of his club as a punter just like me (though with a lot more corporate boxes haha).

Is your avatar from battlefield?

Hearing some names being discussed for new CEO - M Bradshaw, Bell, Harley and Brendan Gale?

I have heard both Brayshaw and Bell state publicly not interested, wouldn't have thought Gale would leave Tigers unless to Gill's role. Not sure if Harley would want to move back to Vic?

If Gale does go to AFL, that will leave 3 vacant club CEO's - can't remember that happening before.

Not sure if there's enough 'footy CEO's' (whatever that is) that have strong business acumen to go around? Who else should we be looking at?

Hearing some names being discussed for new CEO - M Bradshaw, Bell, Harley and Brendan Gale?

I have heard both Brayshaw and Bell state publicly not interested, wouldn't have thought Gale would leave Tigers unless to Gill's role. Not sure if Harley would want to move back to Vic?

If Gale does go to AFL, that will leave 3 vacant club CEO's - can't remember that happening before.

Not sure if there's enough 'footy CEO's' (whatever that is) that have strong business acumen to go around? Who else should we be looking at?

Keith Thomas - port was rumoured also

Half Tonne Mom. So she can sit on your head and squash the soft utensil who created a new username to have a whinge about Armarfio being moved on. :stern look

Remove this Banner Ad

Back