Ballarat Football League 2009 (part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but there is also enough crap teams without adding another - Sebas, Nth City. Another dud Ballarat side is not going to help the league. Maybe they could merge with the merging dogs and maybe then they might win a flag. The East Point Buninyong Turtles.
KA, just when you have been talking sense you resort to trash talking like merrigan. Know need to get in the gutter as well, grown tired of the merging dog crap, ancient history move on!!

KA, just when you have been talking sense you resort to trash talking like merrigan. Know need to get in the gutter as well, grown tired of the merging dog crap, ancient history move on!!

Its funny as. Merging dogs - I cannot stop smiling - try saying out loud. Here is your mascot. Golden Point is the left head.

Two-Headed-Dog--25872.jpg

BFL: Darley's close shave for a good cause

BY GAVIN MCGRATH
08 Jun, 2010 11:57 PM
EXPECT to see Darley sport a more streamlined look on Saturday when the Devils take on Ballarat Football League pace-setter Redan at City Oval.
More than half the senior team has shaved their heads this week, to support one of the club's popular juniors, Ryan Delahey.
The Darley Junior Football Club had hoped a few dozen supporters might "shave the head" last Sunday as a show of support to Ryan, a 14-year-old footballer who must undergo further surgery to remove a brain tumour next Thursday.
The Devils were thrilled, though, when more than 130 people chose to lose the lot at a special event at their rooms attended by more than 250 people.
Among those losing their locks, were senior players Travis Minns, Matt Cape, Jarrod "Tuddy" Edwards, Darren Leonard and skipper Drew Edwards.
It was not just a black-and-white affair either, with players and supporters of cross-town rival Bacchus Marsh also at the fundraiser, which managed to raise over $8000 for the Royal Children's Hospital.
Ryan's father Brent, who played senior football at the club, said he was touched by the support for his son.
"It was a bit overwhelming, I have to admit," Brent Delahey says.
"We were hoping to get about 40 people to shave their heads. The company I work for, Smith & Gilbert, had planned to pay $10 a head, literally. Then I have a friend, Phillip Bowden, who owns Taco Bill in Melton, who said he'd match that, and it built from there.
"Thanks to that, and what happened on the night, the RCH can afford to buy three oxygen units for beds in the neuroscience ward."
In February 2008 Ryan went into surgery for the first time to remove a tumour.
"It came back benign, thank God," Brent said. "He has been on medication ever since.
"In January 2009 Ryan started having seizures again. He can't go swimming or ride a bike, but he's kept playing footy and he has played under-16 footy this year. He just has to wear a helmet, that's all.
"We've tried to keep his life as normal as possible."
Ryan plans to return to footy, hopefully next year.
To help support Darley's Devils Shave Your Head campaign to raise money for the Royal Children's Hospital, email: brentd@smithgilbert.com.au

WELL DONE DFC.

BFL: Darley's close shave for a good cause

BY GAVIN MCGRATH
08 Jun, 2010 11:57 PM
EXPECT to see Darley sport a more streamlined look on Saturday when the Devils take on Ballarat Football League pace-setter Redan at City Oval.
More than half the senior team has shaved their heads this week, to support one of the club's popular juniors, Ryan Delahey.
The Darley Junior Football Club had hoped a few dozen supporters might "shave the head" last Sunday as a show of support to Ryan, a 14-year-old footballer who must undergo further surgery to remove a brain tumour next Thursday.
The Devils were thrilled, though, when more than 130 people chose to lose the lot at a special event at their rooms attended by more than 250 people.
Among those losing their locks, were senior players Travis Minns, Matt Cape, Jarrod "Tuddy" Edwards, Darren Leonard and skipper Drew Edwards.
It was not just a black-and-white affair either, with players and supporters of cross-town rival Bacchus Marsh also at the fundraiser, which managed to raise over $8000 for the Royal Children's Hospital.
Ryan's father Brent, who played senior football at the club, said he was touched by the support for his son.
"It was a bit overwhelming, I have to admit," Brent Delahey says.
"We were hoping to get about 40 people to shave their heads. The company I work for, Smith & Gilbert, had planned to pay $10 a head, literally. Then I have a friend, Phillip Bowden, who owns Taco Bill in Melton, who said he'd match that, and it built from there.
"Thanks to that, and what happened on the night, the RCH can afford to buy three oxygen units for beds in the neuroscience ward."
In February 2008 Ryan went into surgery for the first time to remove a tumour.
"It came back benign, thank God," Brent said. "He has been on medication ever since.
"In January 2009 Ryan started having seizures again. He can't go swimming or ride a bike, but he's kept playing footy and he has played under-16 footy this year. He just has to wear a helmet, that's all.
"We've tried to keep his life as normal as possible."
Ryan plans to return to footy, hopefully next year.
To help support Darley's Devils Shave Your Head campaign to raise money for the Royal Children's Hospital, email: brentd@smithgilbert.com.au

WELL DONE DFC.
good on the boys :thumbsu:

A special thanks to Redan for inviting us up on the weekend to visit their ridiculous bog heap of a ground. Again we will be forwarding you our dry cleaning bill.

Doubt there was 1 blade of grass on the entire oval, the canteen Hot Dogs were terrible as well.

BFL = Disgraceful Playing Conditions (Eastern Block Excluded)

However, as usual Redan were too good. Not that the umpires cost us the game, but they cheated again, but what can ya do hey, no point complaining no one listens and no one cares, therefore the fraudulent maggots always win.

Go Sunba OOOHHH SUNBA

Massive game this Saturday as Sunba host Redan. 2 of the best country victorian teams lining up in a mid season block buster. This is so big that Matty Power who coaches Riddell against Sunba Rovers around the corner on Sat will only be coaching to half time - he will then catch the 2nd half of this epic match. :thumbsu:

Massive game this Saturday as Sunba host Redan. 2 of the best country victorian teams lining up in a mid season block buster. This is so big that Matty Power who coaches Riddell against Sunba Rovers around the corner on Sat will only be coaching to half time - he will then catch the 2nd half of this epic match. :thumbsu:

Why come at half time KA ?? Is this so he doesn't have to pay ?? He always was tight:D:D

Great win by Sunba yesterday. I understand it is June but Power has put a very good list together. The Drummer was very quiet in the 2nd half.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great win by Sunba yesterday. I understand it is June but Power has put a very good list together. The Drummer was very quiet in the 2nd half.

good to shut that oxygen thief up. what was the game like KA? Sunbury outplay them or did Redan have an off day?

good to shut that oxygen thief up. what was the game like KA? Sunbury outplay them or did Redan have an off day?

Standard was very high - as you would expect from 2 of the best country football teams in Vic. Big crowd which was very good. Redan looked slow but missing were Edwards (still got three votes yesterday - great work JE), Hornbury and Bridges. Waight injured early and Blomley injured during the game. Will be a lot closer come finals. Expected more from Issac Smith after he was named in the VCFL squad.
But still Sunba looked fit and very disciplined. Good signs but its only June and Power has been around long enough to not underestimate what Redan can do in a finals series.

Standard was very high - as you would expect from 2 of the best country football teams in Vic. Big crowd which was very good. Redan looked slow but missing were Edwards (still got three votes yesterday - great work JE), Hornbury and Bridges. Waight injured early and Blomley injured during the game. Will be a lot closer come finals. Expected more from Issac Smith after he was named in the VCFL squad.
But still Sunba looked fit and very disciplined. Good signs but its only June and Power has been around long enough to not underestimate what Redan can do in a finals series.

Golden Square over in Bendigo would have to have a claim at one of those spots wouldn't they KA???

Golden Square over in Bendigo would have to have a claim at one of those spots wouldn't they KA???

I spoke to Ty Elliott who was at the Sunba game and he thought there would not be much between Sunba and Sqaure. Sunba are a lot bigger all over the ground and would lean towards them. You have 2 players that are 6'4 that play on the wing - Simon Clarke and Jordy Barham.
Would be great to watch them play against each other.

I spoke to Ty Elliott who was at the Sunba game and he thought there would not be much between Sunba and Sqaure. Sunba are a lot bigger all over the ground and would lean towards them. You have 2 players that are 6'4 that play on the wing - Simon Clarke and Jordy Barham.
I was surprised how big Sunbury were, they look to be a very good side this year.

I was surprised how big Sunbury were, they look to be a very good side this year.

They have quality on every line. Sharp, Okey, Chambers and Brewer are 4 very good defenders. Smith, Barham, Millward, Clarke, Jorden, Lobb are very good on ballers/wings. And Cullinan Petran and Robbo (kicked 8 on Sat) are very good forwards. Redan have a lot of improvement but this Sunba side is very capable. Players like Griffen and O'Rilley are playing two's so the depth is also there.

Certainly would be a great game of country footy

They have quality on every line. Sharp, Okey, Chambers and Brewer are 4 very good defenders. Smith, Barham, Millward, Clarke, Jorden, Lobb are very good on ballers/wings. And Cullinan Petran and Robbo (kicked 8 on Sat) are very good forwards. Redan have a lot of improvement but this Sunba side is very capable. Players like Griffen and O'Rilley are playing two's so the depth is also there.

Your kidding KA Griffin is a old man and looked past it when he played seniors last year and O`Riley has lost his pace and ability to kick since he smashed his body up last year

Your kidding KA Griffin is a old man and looked past it when he played seniors last year and O`Riley has lost his pace and ability to kick since he smashed his body up last year

He is younger than Ben Jordan who is still a gun midfielder. Griffo come finals time will be important. A hard at backmen to rattle some of the younger players. Once a player is worried about where another player is then has a problem. O'Riely needs some more time but is improving each game. Do not write them off.

Reasonable predictions Kings...I'll have a stab:
Sunba - C'mon Lions, do something!
Redan - 3 out of 4 aint bad
Ballarat - on the improve, aiming for 3rd in BFL finals system
Lakers - think they may be peaked last year
Darley - never discount the Devil
East Point - WTF Round 1? Still handy with big Dan Jordon
South - hard to see where they will improve much
North City - good young side, will be a nuisance to better teams
Melton - sad to see the Bloods bleeding
Marsh - read Sebas below
Sebas - please fold!

I know he didn't play last week but do you think Jarrod Edwards will still poll 3 votes for this game at the Sham Medal? I'm tipping him to win it.
Coach of the year: Marky Mark Power and the Funky Bunch!

Mid Season Review time -is it just me or is this league is as predictably boring as always? Maybe swap Darley with East and Melton with North City from selection ladder above. Edwards and Power are on track too!

Sunba look good but can they perfom in September. Redan always drop a few games during the season so no surprise there. Ballarat and Lakers are a chance and you can have 10000 to 1 on anyone else winning the flag. Devils and South pretty disappointing so far but with a final 6 someone always has to make up the numbers. May aswell start the finals next week.:thumbsdown:

This weekends games look boring on paper, except for maybe Devils v Ballarat, hopefully a great contest that keeps the rivarly going strong

Devils v Rat - Devils by 1 point over a very impressive Ballarat team that can go all the way

Sunba OOOHHHHHH Sunba v Seabass - Sunba will go at half pace but still way too good - 60+ points

Nth City v Melton - saw Nth last week, they are definetly better than Melton - 30 points

Marsh v Redan - the snakes are treading water till they disolve, currently looking at other options (CHFL or RDFL) - 80+ points

South v Lakers - must win for the pathers, need to take a big scalp to get that 6th spot, maybe a close one - 10 points

heard a rumour that if Sunbury finish in the right place to get a home final that Mr Ward and the BFL will not give it to them,they want it played at Darley There reason is that the finals at Sunbury the last couple of years have not been a finacial succuss .Just another way the league wants to screw over Sunbury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back