All Divisions General NFNL Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Disagree, community sport is listed in stage 2. There will be the ability for local footy to be played with restrictions in place, as well as sacrifices made by players and clubs alike. But whilst this may be the case in other states Vic government look to be more cautious than other states.
20 people gatherings, seems not even possible to run it properly and financially.

My prediction is clubs will vote against even starting.

Disagree, community sport is listed in stage 2. There will be the ability for local footy to be played with restrictions in place, as well as sacrifices made by players and clubs alike. But whilst this may be the case in other states Vic government look to be more cautious than other states.
By community sport I believe they mean kids soccer with 20 or footy training with 20. No way in the world will local football come back this year, unless they start in August and play through to December. It’s just not going to happen . Plan for 2021

Looks like Victoria is again going to take a more cautious approach, especially after today’s announcement. I’d say footy is done - next year will be a bloody challenge as well
I get everyone trying to come up with ideas to appease ‘social distancing’ but my thoughts are this (may be wrong).
19s - Ressies - seniors , that’s min.66. Players from each club , using the same change rooms , the same showers , the same toilets - now we add to the mix 2-3 coaches per side , 2-5 trainers used for 3 games on the day , runner ,team manager - All are in close proximity no matter what ‘conditions’ are set in place.
Add 6- 7 umpires each game , so about 164 people will be involved on that oval , sweating , spitting , bleeding and of course ‘TACKLING’ on game day..
Now out of that 164 (haven’t included a single committee member or supporter yet , we’d guess throughout the week each one has at least come in contact with (shops, servo , work ) let’s say 20 people - so 3000ish...
My point is ‘ if ‘we play this season , then it would have to mean EVERYTHING is back to status quo.. training , Bars , canteens , supporter numbers & functions = All systems go!
Any other option is just ludicrous..
All or nothing & believe me I’m praying we get to play...

Interesting suggestion by the league boss of PDNFL where he said that the league will definitely push ahead with the season with areas sectioned off for 100 spectators maximum in each.

How many NFL grounds could do something similar? Is it a genuine way to work within social distance boundaries and Maintain sustainable football season.

Just give the year a miss. Even if your club wins the flag it will never be recognised as a legitimate premiership side

Interesting suggestion by the league boss of PDNFL where he said that the league will definitely push ahead with the season with areas sectioned off for 100 spectators maximum in each.

How many NFL grounds could do something similar? Is it a genuine way to work within social distance boundaries and Maintain sustainable football season.

Attachments

• F90003A1-3394-49EA-99F1-D974B9EC4E88.jpeg
    F90003A1-3394-49EA-99F1-D974B9EC4E88.jpeg
    105.8 KB · Views: 123
  • 247BF91C-9FDC-47EE-B05D-DF92289BF200.jpeg
    247BF91C-9FDC-47EE-B05D-DF92289BF200.jpeg
    121.1 KB · Views: 120
Just give the year a miss. Even if your club wins the flag it will never be recognised as a legitimate premiership side

As a current reserves player, couldnt give a stuff about winning or losing. I just want to play, there is more to footy than winning premierships.

Does 2020 turn into a development season?

A premiership probably would have an astrix next to it and I highly doubt promotion and relegation will exist. With the unavailability to spend heaps of money on players will Clubs look at spending zero and getting the younger players or even just play a 19s side?

There is talk that 19s and Reserves will either have 0 finals (on top wins flag) or just 1 v 2 (fact). This is to keep the amount of people attending finals (instead of 2 Clubs at 1 venue sometimes you have 6 Clubs at finals venues) or they could look at 19s and reserves playing at non-traditional finals venues.

All this and all the other restrictions imposed I think many Clubs could look to the future (when hopefully normality arrives) and play teams that will not be as competitive as normal but will give experience to younger players.

Does 2020 turn into a development season?

A premiership probably would have an astrix next to it and I highly doubt promotion and relegation will exist. With the unavailability to spend heaps of money on players will Clubs look at spending zero and getting the younger players or even just play a 19s side?

There is talk that 19s and Reserves will either have 0 finals (on top wins flag) or just 1 v 2 (fact). This is to keep the amount of people attending finals (instead of 2 Clubs at 1 venue sometimes you have 6 Clubs at finals venues) or they could look at 19s and reserves playing at non-traditional finals venues.

All this and all the other restrictions imposed I think many Clubs could look to the future (when hopefully normality arrives) and play teams that will not be as competitive as normal but will give experience to younger players.
If you play every side once and have a finals series it will be a legitimate season IMO.

Either way I give is a 1% chance of playing. 85 in the meat works cluster, that could easily be a local club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately yeh I think it’s going to be a blanket decision. Interestingly I think they will be opening the transfers back up. Will that mean players may move clubs to country leagues if they are allowed to start back up?
If they open it up and metro comps don’t play it will destroy metro leagues for years to come I reckon you would lose 4-5 clubs out of it.

If you play every side once and have a finals series it will be a legitimate season IMO.

Either way I give is a 1% chance of playing. 85 in the meat works cluster, that could easily be a local club.

Patient zero at the meat works was a labour hire employee who didn’t disclose they had been in close contact with someone who was infected. If the employer had of known this person was potentially at risk of infecting employees then they wouldn’t of been allowed on site.

I have come to the same conclusion. The only reason AFL Victoria and the Metro and Country Comps are keeping the hope of playing on offer is because if they shut down play for this year, then they won't have a job. They will string everyone along, keeping the hope of playing going for as long as possible, simply to ensure they have a job for as long as possible. Self interest is the greatest motivator of peoples actions.
I am hoping that salary caps will be reduced significantly for next year.

I have come to the same conclusion. The only reason AFL Victoria and the Metro and Country Comps are keeping the hope of playing on offer is because if they shut down play for this year, then they won't have a job. They will string everyone along, keeping the hope of playing going for as long as possible, simply to ensure they have a job for as long as possible. Self interest is the greatest motivator of peoples actions.
I am hoping that salary caps will be reduced significantly for next year.

Interesting to see that community soccer has released there return to play document.

Seems most higher grade clubs across leagues don’t wanna play due to cost of season ( the lower divisions look ready to go ) , occasionally they mention player welfare , but only as an after thought..
Some who’ve paid the ‘under table sign ons‘ , must be crapping themselves when AGM happens at end of season , perfect chance for leagues to catch the ‘Cheats’..
SO ...
Maybe we just have a U19s & Ressies season.. All just play for the love of the game , no $$ at all , never get more than 30-40 people at their games.
Couple Of eskies & bbqs on the day..
clubs supply goal umpires & boundary’s, 2 umps cover the 2 Games =$100 each.. games can be 10am & 2pm so plenty of time to sanitize rooms..
Clubs can play 8 contracted players through Ressies & U19s (if the player wants to , I guess) no $$ payment, so guys who want a run can be rotated ..
More about Players mental welfare , than the footy.. And if someone’s not feeling well = They Stay Away!!
[cant wait for the replies 😉]

Seems most higher grade clubs across leagues don’t wanna play due to cost of season ( the lower divisions look ready to go ) , occasionally they mention player welfare , but only as an after thought..
Some who’ve paid the ‘under table sign ons‘ , must be crapping themselves when AGM happens at end of season , perfect chance for leagues to catch the ‘Cheats’..
SO ...
Maybe we just have a U19s & Ressies season.. All just play for the love of the game , no $$ at all , never get more than 30-40 people at their games.
Couple Of eskies & bbqs on the day..
clubs supply goal umpires & boundary’s, 2 umps cover the 2 Games =$100 each.. games can be 10am & 2pm so plenty of time to sanitize rooms..
Clubs can play 8 contracted players through Ressies & U19s (if the player wants to , I guess) no $$ payment, so guys who want a run can be rotated ..
More about Players mental welfare , than the footy.. And if someone’s not feeling well = They Stay Away!!
[cant wait for the replies 😉]

I posted in the div 1 thread, this season will be cancelled because of money or lack there off. Not the health issues around covid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back