List Mgmt. AFLW Senior List Contract Status

Remove this Banner Ad

Top 3 in the B&F officially re-signed. Don't hate that at all.

I guess we will have a pretty good idea what the list looks like in a couple of days. DFA starts 3pm Tuesday.

So this announcement of eight more recommitted for 2024 leaves a lot of players still up in the air. I imagine they are still working through the list, offering contracts, but the names not on that list or already announced as on multi-year deals, include:

Bella Smith
Lexi Hamilton
Lauren Szigeti
Eliza Vale
Amy Whelan
Lisa Steane
Paige Sheppard
Ruby SW
Hayley Bullas
Maddy Collier

I'm not sure of Lochland's status. Was she already on a longer term deal?

I imagine that the majority of those will stay. I hope they do. But it seems there is still capacity (and likelihood?) of the list being trimmed further ahead of next Monday's draft. There's not a lot of time left...

So this announcement of eight more recommitted for 2024 leaves a lot of players still up in the air. I imagine they are still working through the list, offering contracts, but the names not on that list or already announced as on multi-year deals, include:

Bella Smith
Lexi Hamilton
Lauren Szigeti
Eliza Vale
Amy Whelan
Lisa Steane
Paige Sheppard
Ruby SW
Hayley Bullas
Maddy Collier

I'm not sure of Lochland's status. Was she already on a longer term deal?

I imagine that the majority of those will stay. I hope they do. But it seems there is still capacity (and likelihood?) of the list being trimmed further ahead of next Monday's draft. There's not a lot of time left...

This line from the above article implies all have been re-signed in some manner already.

”To retain 27 players from our current playing group for the 2024 season is incredibly pleasing.”

So the 27 players retained, the two players traded in and Holly Cooper who was pre-listed gets us to 30 with 2 draft picks to come on Monday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back