List Mgmt. AFLW Senior List Contract Status

Remove this Banner Ad

r
Oct 9, 2001
2, 4, 6, 8
AFL Club
Sydney
SYDNEY SWANS CONTRACT STATUS (Updated 19-DEC-2023)

32-player list with replacement players named for players who are added to the inactive list for work or injury reasons.

Currently 32 players signed for 2024

Contract Expiry Unknown:
Hayley Bullas - Inactive List (Injured)
Maddy Collier - Inactive List (Injured)
Lexi Hamilton
Brooke Lochland
Ruby Sargent-Wilson
Paige Sheppard
Bella Smith
Lisa Steane
Lauren Szigeti
Eliza Vale
Aimee Whelan

Contract Expires - 2024:
Montana Beruldsen
Ella Heads
Tanya Kennedy
Alice Mitchell
Paris McCarthy
Julie O'Sullivan
Rebecca Privitelli
Alana Woodward

Contract Expires - 2025:
Holly Cooper
Giselle Davies
Sarah Grunden
Lara Hausegger
Kiara Hillier
Brenna Tarrant

Contract Expires - 2026:
Montana Ham
Cynthia Hamilton
Sofia Hurley
Lucy McEvoy

Contract Expires - 2027:
Laura Gardner
Chloe Molloy
Ally Morphett

Last edited:

6 signed. Collier's signing was announced but taken down from the article. Likely have to wait until the AFLW season is over before we can officially announce it with our other AFLW signings.

Lisa Steane (mid)

27-year-old Steane has played 19 games across three seasons with the GIANTS.

Ally Morphett (ruck)
18-year-old Morphett joined the GIANTS last season and played six games in her debut season
Ally-Morphett.png

DOB: 11/11/03
Height: 188 cm

Club: Murray Bushrangers
Morphett will require a trade

Barrel-racing!!!
I had vision of racing gainst a rolling barrel but..
Ally-Morphett_GWS-2.jpg

Last edited:

So the club has announced 11 players so far of which 2 are from other AFLW clubs. 2 others we know about so expect the next few signings to be from other AFLW clubs

robbieando how does a new expansion club do a trade e.g. for Ally Morphett?

Draft Picks only. I would expect GWS will end up with most of our draft picks, so we get Morphett, Doyle and Fowler to the club from the Giants.

We really don’t need the picks in a state based draft. We’ll get most of the NSW talent we want during the sign and trade period anyway. We might keep our first pick for a player we can convince to nominate NSW for the draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bridie Kennedy, Sarah Skinner, Paige Sheppard, Eliza Vale and Ally Morphett

Former academy players Jess Doyle and Georgie Fowler opted to stay at the Giants. Our list is complete (beside rookie signings) heading into the draft where we will have 5 selections

Bridie Kennedy, Sarah Skinner, Paige Sheppard, Eliza Vale and Ally Morphett

For people like me who need pictures I'd love to see a team map with players in their likely positions, or clustered into groups so I can get a feel for the team.

For people like me who need pictures I'd love to see a team map with players in their likely positions, or clustered into groups so I can get a feel for the team.
Check the contract list pinned at the top of the forum, I have placed the players likely positions. Defence seems to be our biggest gap as well as quality in the midfield.

Check the contract list pinned at the top of the forum, I have placed the players likely positions. Defence seems to be our biggest gap as well as quality in the midfield.
See what you mean. Not so much the quality question as I'm no judge of that yet. But 4 pure defenders and two utilities is very skinny for a squad, especially if one is cutting out in the ruck. Definitely need something there unless Gowans sees "defender" in some of those mids. Another genuine ruck would be handy too, though I'm sure athletic 190cm women are in short supply. Raid the netty!!!
Really looking forward to going to these games with my daughter who still plays soccer at 38. Cheer cheer!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back