Oppo Camp AFL Round 18 - Other Game Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL want to fix the game stop ******* drafting Athletes and start drafting pure footballers. The way the majority of players using the ball these days is laughable for a professional sport. name another sport where you can be absolute dogshit at the fundamentals of the game but it's OK you can run in a zone for 2 hours
Too many players on the field. The fact that you can run out project players with little to no skills to play roles shows that too much is spread too thin. Less players on the field means it's more important for those to be skilled.
Drop it to 15

Jobe " this games great for freo to learn how to improve"

Sugar on a sh*t sandwich mate fair dinkum
Freo have been rebuilding since what, 2016? Pretty ordinary to still be in no man's land.

Freo have been rebuilding since what, 2016? Pretty ordinary to still be in no man's land.
It's what happens when clubs hire these rookie coaches. It takes the coaches 5 years to learn what they're doing. For instance Carlton are rolling with Teague who fell into the job, if anyone could actually tell me how he was the best coach available in Australia I'll go he.

Longmuir has never coached a senior side before.
The AFL industry is so dumb.

Too many players on the field. The fact that you can run out project players with little to no skills to play roles shows that too much is spread too thin. Less players on the field means it's more important for those to be skilled.
Drop it to 15
until a coach comes in and drafts pure footballers and dominates that way. changing any rules won't change a thing. drop it to 15 then coaches will just play more athletes and use a sling shot with hands to run it if they can't kick and it'll be turnover after turnover cause no campaigner can kick. lowering the rotations doesn't help at all fatigue is a dumb ****ing idea who gets fatiqued less? athletes. who's getting a game I'd its harder on the body? athletes. nothing's changing this game til a ciach goes I want footballers we'll win with skill over running in a net

Been going on for 20 years, clubs want to find the next Clarkson, as soon as a coach has an unsuccessful stint they never get a look in again. Ratten is probably the only at the moment. Previous to that you would often see experience coaches get multiple chances.

until a coach comes in and drafts pure footballers and dominates that way. changing any rules won't change a thing. drop it to 15 then coaches will just play more athletes and use a sling shot with hands to run it if they can't kick and it'll be turnover after turnover cause no campaigner can kick. lowering the rotations doesn't help at all fatigue is a dumb ******* idea who gets fatiqued less? athletes. who's getting a game I'd its harder on the body? athletes. nothing's changing this game til a ciach goes I want footballers we'll win with skill over running in a net
Dunno if there's more space there's more incentive to get blokes who can kick because you can move the ball easier that way.

Been going on for 20 years, clubs want to find the next Clarkson, as soon as a coach has an unsuccessful stint they never get a look in again. Ratten is probably the only at the moment. Previous to that you would often see experience coaches get multiple chances.
Clarkson, Bomber and now Dimma have changed it. Coaches should expect to get a 5 year crack to build a side with expectations of challenging in year 6-7.
Clarkson- appointed 2005, win 2008 but window really was 2012 onwards - year 7
Bomber - appointed 2000, window 2007 onwards - year 8 (nearly sacked in 07!)
Dimma - appointed 2010, window 2017 onwards - year 8 and also nearly sacked.

It’s why Buckley making a GF in 2018 makes sense - that was year 7 of his tenure.

Other recent premiership coaches:
Simpson - year 5
Beveridge - year 2
Scott - year 1 (but huge asterisk there)
Worsfold - year 5
Roos - year 4 (was already at the club).

7th and 8th is usually a joke for finals. No team this season past 6th deserves to be anywhere near finals football.

And our inability to belt a few teams along the way will probably cost us a top 2 spot. Mind you if we keep winning we remain top. I'd love to see us belt the suitcase out of the Hawks tomorrow..

Dunno if there's more space there's more incentive to get blokes who can kick because you can move the ball easier that way.
if there's more space you honestly think coaches would go you know what, we dont need runners to get to the space quicker on defense. what we need is slower not as fit blokes who can kick it. What 3 wouldnt be getting a game for us if it went to 15 a side? first 1 out would be Jackson as couldn't play 2 ruckman cause coaches would want more runners. I doubt ruckman would actually still be a thing if it went to 15 a side or playing more than 1 tall forward is that a good thing? might actually be but it'd be a pretty big change to stop drafting 200cm+ players. what more of an incentive do you need than if your 6 forwards could actually kick for goal you'd win nearly every game over the potatoes every other club trot out. McKay is winning the goal kicking and can't kick for goal and tries to snap every time he can. imagine taking someone to the footy and you show them our best goal scorer and it's that ****ing crab. there isn't a sport in the world where the leading scorer looks so pathetic.
it's like bringing in a bonus point if you hit 100 points sounds good in theory but how many coaches are going to go **** it let's open it/us up and try get the bonus point each week vs we'll try not to give away the bonus point and keep it low scoring.

Didn't get to watch last night, just saw this:

Truly remarkable, this is the most witches hat sh*t I've seen in ages.

the 2019 us vibes were so real, everybody doing nothing apart from Gawn but it was Darcy for them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No surprise to me the score last night, had one of my Geelong supporting mates text me pre game last night that he thought Freo would win coz Cats had so many players of their best team out. I replied with the drunk emoji and said freo are frauds , not a top 8 side.

I'm so knowledgeable.

No surprise to me the score last night, had one of my Geelong supporting mates text me pre game last night that he thought Freo would win coz Cats had so many players of their best team out. I replied with the drunk emoji and said freo are frauds , not a top 8 side.

I'm so knowledgeable.

You should send your mate a cameo from Tmac talking up your footy knowledge.

Didn't get to watch last night, just saw this:

Truly remarkable, this is the most witches hat sh*t I've seen in ages.

love watching 15 kicks to get it past the centre. LeTs JuSt GuArD sPaCe EvEn If It MeAnS wE cAnT cUt AnY kIcKs OfF. I guess most teams can't run a chain like that without turning it over 3 times on the way so well done cats😅

They always fail their big tests Freo. A couple of weeks ago they just needed to beat Carlton to lock in a place in the 8 and barely gave a yelp. Get Geelong tonight missing a few after a challenging road trip, and 21 of them haven’t bothered to show up.
Sounds like us in 2016/17 and most of 18 tbh. Think they'll be ok.

I just can't understand why their medical team is so poor. They've had horrible injuries every year for decades.

AFL want to fix the game stop ******* drafting Athletes and start drafting pure footballers. The way the majority of players using the ball these days is laughable for a professional sport. name another sport where you can be absolute dogshit at the fundamentals of the game but it's OK you can run in a zone for 2 hours
r0_0_1208_679_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back