AFL Canberra Season 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow! Surely we're becoming a thin skinned bunch of cats if the best we can whinge about is a repetitive verse of poor umpiring, how teams celebrate, who's selected in which grade and appalling supporter behaviour, repeat. The very nature of our amateur comp is borderline behaviour, colourful characters and I thought not really taking ourselves to seriously. I'll take that any day over a benign porridge perfectly poised competition.
Congrats to Southcab and his boys for Sundays result. It was an absolute slog and probably the worst conditions I've ever played in. It really was a toss of the coin that determined that game, nothing to do with umpires or supporters. Just a real slimy pill and heaps of frozen joints! Best of luck to both teams this weekend, hope the sun is shining.
well said mate congratulations to ANU on winning the community league club championship as well. Well deserved

1s - Belconnen
2s - Queanbeyan
3s - ADFA
4s - Coota
18's - Ainslie
Womens - Queanbeyan

Belco have been the top year all team for a reason, I think they will win but it will be closer than alot of people think. I know Ainslie has not been beaten in the 2's for a while but i think the Tigers can get the job done. Will not be by much but I think they could get the win. It helps that their 1's didn't make the GF so some of them may have qualified in lower grade. I am backing ADFA only because I would like to see someone win it who isn't Woden. Although it would make them win 3 straight I believe which would be something special. Coota have been the team to beat all year in the 4's so I think there will only be a kick in it. Also watching the Tigerettes in the finals I think they could also cause an upset and win it from 5th place.

I'm heading back to Tasmania in the morning so i won't get to see the grand final but I will be able to watch my home team New Norfolk play Lindisfarne in the semi final. I can't remember who is playing in the grand finals but all the best to all. Looks like it's going to be better weather than last weekend.

I'm heading back to Tasmania in the morning so i won't get to see the grand final but I will be able to watch my home team New Norfolk play Lindisfarne in the semi final. I can't remember who is playing in the grand finals but all the best to all. Looks like it's going to be better weather than last weekend.
Lindisfarne by 40 going on form. Have a safe trip, I hope you enjoyed your studies.

Last edited:
Shame you can't be there Ando but the game is able to be streamed. Hopefully Tassie Wifi is up to speed. Surely you know Yass is in it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coota going to get done over. Well done Yass, number of Coota lads look well underdone.
Streamed the game and it didn't come across as a quality game. Very scrappy. Congrats to Yass. Cootas major players were very quiet. Luckily Yass don't have to rue their poor goal kicking

Congratulations southcab and Yass. Despite the poor goalkicking, they really put on the pressure and made sure it wasn't going to be another grand final loss. Congrats Coota on a great year, just done by the better team on the day.

Well what a year , and what better way for an old fat happy fella to finish off , thank you to all my big footy friends who sent there congrats and thank to those players from other clubs who sent me private messages I appreciate it greatly . After what had gone through I couldn't believe the support and help I received from other clubs players and officials of the act AFL . To me it shows that footy in the lower grades in Canberra is a live and well . I'm now looking forward to getting around other matches next year and becoming a member of the crowd enjoying what I've loved all my life afl and what a game it is . Cheers boys look forward to next years big footy banter and sledging. South cab now for mad Monday (after only just surviving sat night and yesterday ) . And one last thing Robba you sir are a ledgend

Last edited:
Great day of footy yesterday to wrap up the year. Well done to Ainslie footy club on going back to back in the 1s. Great effort to win 2/3 yesterday, should have won all 3 if there 18s could kick straight.

To all the runners up, as tough as it is - must say a congratulations to you teams who made it to GF day in the first place.

Enjoy the off season big footy friends. See you next year!

Congrats to all the Canberra winners. I hope the weather was nicer than prelim day at UNI. my home team won prelim by 8 goals to make it to the big dance if anyone was interested

Missing local footy already. Does anyone know if the Jets and Tuggeranong have a coach for next season yet?

Any big departures from any clubs from div 1 to div 4?

Missing local footy already. Does anyone know if the Jets and Tuggeranong have a coach for next season yet?

Any big departures from any clubs from div 1 to div 4?

Gday Footy Yass roos will lose 3 to knee reconstructions Being D willo, Sammy Campbell and Adam forth , and Lees ,Brooks, Foran ,Powers,curtois and two undecided to retirement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back