Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 3 - Port v Demons Sat March 30th 7:30pm AEDT (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 18 41.9%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

huh? what are you banging on about? You keep your eyes on the ball. Aliir was the only player out of the 5 players who wasn't looking at the ball. The screenshots don't like. If Brown wasn't a threat Aliir would've just let him go but nope, he looks at him runs over to him and blocks his run. Having a token look to where the ball is post block isn't fooling anyone other than one-eyed port fans.

If it’s blocking the run, is it blocking the run when a player runs up and grabs Dixon under the ball?

Again, it wasn’t paid for blocking the run, that contact happens all the time.

It was paid cause brown hit the deck

The free wasn’t paid cause Alir looked at brown while running to the contest, it was paid cause brown hit the dirt, which would be fair enough if brown hadn’t of obviously flopped and thrown himself.

If brown hadn’t of gone down is anyone going to say that would have been paid a free?
Browns eyes were on the footy. Call it whatever you like, Browns eyes were on the ball. Aliir was weak and looked for Brown. Brown is jumping on 1 leg and getting pushed at the exact time that he is jumping, of course he is going to fall over. I have no issues if Aliir was looking at the ball, but alas he wasn't. It was a dumb, obvious free.

If it’s blocking the run, is it blocking the run when a player runs up and grabs Dixon under the ball?

Again, it wasn’t paid for blocking the run, that contact happens all the time.

It was paid cause brown hit the deck
yeah, when the ball is in the vicinity. if a dees player is grabbing Dixon with his eyes not on the ball then show me and he's trying to lead up at the footy, show me.
I think its okay for players to grab Dixon provided they are looking at the ball because most of the time players are wrestling each other.

It's all talk. show me screenshots. I'm talking about when Dixon is on the lead and trying to run and jump at the footy. Don't reply until you have screenshots.

Stop being insane.

I don’t need to show you general football knowledge. The idea that Dixon’s opponents have never looked at Dixon (or insert any other kf hawkins for example) while going to the contest is pure insanity.

Feel free to ask Geelong fans, or any other fans if hawkins opponents always have their eyes on the ball when making contact.

Again it wasn’t paid for that, it was paid cause brown hit the deck.

Stop being insane.

I don’t need to show you general football knowledge. The idea that Dixon’s opponents have never looked at Dixon (or insert any other kf hawkins for example) while going to the contest is pure insanity.

Feel free to ask Geelong fans, or any other fans if hawkins opponents always have their eyes on the ball when making contact.

Again it wasn’t paid for that, it was paid cause brown hit the deck.
I don't care about other teams. why would I? I care about last nights game. Show me where demons defenders held Dixon off the ball with their eyes not on him.

The only debate here is whether brown hitting the deck was legit from contact or a dive, and I think it was pretty obvious it was a dive but you might disagree.

It’s the only reason that was paid.
Fancy a player falling over when he's eyes are on the footy and a guy bumps him at the exact point of jumping. lol. The only diver was Rozee and I'm glad people called him out on it. No-one called Ben Brown out on it.

Browns eyes were on the footy. Call it whatever you like, Browns eyes were on the ball. Aliir was weak and looked for Brown. Brown is jumping on 1 leg and getting pushed at the exact time that he is jumping, of course he is going to fall over. I have no issues if Aliir was looking at the ball, but alas he wasn't. It was a dumb, obvious free.

Brown flopped.
I was watching without sound and it was obvious.
Took 3 replays before I even noticed alliir

Fancy a player falling over when he's eyes are on the footy and a guy bumps him at the exact point of jumping. lol. The only diver was Rozee and I'm glad people called him out on it. No-one called Ben Brown out on it.

How exactly did rozee dive while rivers was tackling him?

Is rivers so weak and as light as a feather that rozee could propel him through the air and drag him after him by leaping through the air ?

This is the moon isn’t real type of conspiracy stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would brown be “jumping on one leg” an eternity before the ball arrived?

And if you claim he was jumping , how does that fit your claim he was blocked from getting to the contest?

He jumped before he got to the contest?

Blocking frees are rare anyway so not sure what you're alluding to. Unlike Aliir, dees defenders keep their eyes on the ball. The screenshots and replay speak for themselves. Speaks for itself.

Ah yes the perfect dees defenders who never make a mistake. From the poster who reckons every melb player in the best player to grace a football park.

How was the melb defender who ran back with the flight of the ball with his eyes on his opponent turned around and executed a great spoil. That was perfect. Didn’t get pinged for looking at his opponent, cause you know that’s not a thing.

If brown hadn’t of flown like a seagull after a hot chip it’s not a free.

The only thing that made it a free was brown hitting the deck. And I say it was a dive. You can disagree about it being a dive but all this other s**t about eyes and blocking is made up hooey

Why would brown be “jumping on one leg” an eternity before the ball arrived?

And if you claim he was jumping , how does that fit your claim he was blocked from getting to the contest?

He jumped before he got to the contest?
20240331_104912.jpg 20240331_105141.jpg
Exposed!! Stop making stuff up 🤡 So Ratugolea gets his hands to the ball despite being stationary, in front of Brown and shorter yet Brown apparently runs underneath the ball. You're a joke make. Stop lying. enjoy the loss

I would change rules for taking a shot on goal, there is no need for a player to go back 50 metres from the mark. It's ridiculous and a blight on the game when they control time-wasting everywhere else in the game. You should have 30 seconds to kick, not to just make forward movement. If brown wants such a long run up then he has to speed up his whole process.

View attachment 1944899View attachment 1944902
Exposed!! Stop making stuff up 🤡 So Ratugolea gets his hands to the ball despite being stationary, in front of Brown and shorter yet Brown apparently runs underneath the ball. You're a joke make. Stop lying. enjoy the loss

Me making stuff up?

You claimed brown was blocked , now you claim he was pushed while jumping at the contest.

Make up your mind.

Also, lol at picking two frames well apart.

For a guy who’s found the footage, gone through it, and twice only selected random frames showing a bare fraction of the incident is strange.

While we are picking out frees and missed ones, Melbourne player went for hanger took out Port player and didn't touch ball at centre half forward, that's the kind of non decision that had port fans arcing up at the blatant one sided umpiring. Overall they did a poor job, but port could have made less errors and won it comfortably, so port need to internally fix what they can control. If afl umpiring dept review that game and are happy, then they're the enablers that keep umpires from improving. Back to port, they gave up 3 goals that went over goal line at chest height, without touching ball, that's just poor craft.

Last edited:
Me making stuff up?

You claimed brown was blocked , now you claim he was pushed while jumping at the contest.

Make up your mind.

Also, lol at picking two frames well apart.

For a guy who’s found the footage, gone through it, and twice only selected random frames showing a bare fraction of the incident is strange.
How do you run under the ball when the man in front of him touched the ball. HAHAHAHA.

While we are picking out frees and missed ones, Melbourne player went for hanger took out Port player and didn't touch ball at centre half forward, that's the kind of non decision that had port fans arcing up at the blatant one sided umpiring. Overall they did a poor job, but port could have made less errors and won it comfortably, so port need to internally fix what they can control. If afl umpiring dept review that game and are happy, then they're the enablers that keep umpires from improving
how about Rozee taking 25 steps. you see what you want to see.

What's with this deflection? Port observably choked, anybody can see that, Port fans are using umpires as a scapegoat, which is ridiculous when they gifted Port a few goals, but of course brush that under the rug.
I don't disagree with anything you say in this post, just your old post using free kick numbers as your measure of the standard of umpiring.

Back