Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 3 - Port v Demons Sat March 30th 7:30pm AEDT (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 18 41.9%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Port smashed Dee’s in clearances / possessions / inside 50’s

Dee’s had hitouts and umpires.

Ports fault for not being good enough to not let umpires influence the result.
If umpiring like last night was the difference, then you simply weren’t good enough. It’s not like it was as one-sided as St Kilda vs Collingwood, Port Adelaide vs Richmond, and North Melbourne vs Carlton this year. Port just couldn’t capitalise on their opportunities, and Melbourne did. Seems like that’s the gap between the two sides.

It's genuinely turning me off footy, the umpiring is so inconsistant and frustrates the f@#k out of me.

I had to turn the North v Carlton game off yesterday, the umpiring was appalling !!!
That "sling tackle" of Rozee when play had stopped, that didn't even have his head hit the ground or chicken wing his arms resulting in a free kick and goal was one of the worst decisions ever, umpires overacting and over regulating everything when The AFL give them too much influence.

Did you want to bring up Rioli marking the ball out of bounds or port players (Rioli, DBJ, others) constantly ducking into tackles too?

Or does it not fit your victim attitiude?

The Rozee call after a blatant HTB is one of the worst you will ever see, although I agree the Ben Brown one was a shocker.

Gawn one was touch and go, and Fristch was a 50/50 call, however it was payback for the earlier clear 15m hit not getting paid and rebounding straight down the field for a Rioli goal.

You didn't lose because of the umpires, there are always ebbs and flows, suck it up.
Port fans have to blame everyone else but their own team's obvious choking, even when the umps gifted Port goals. Free kick count was just about even, so this "umpires fault" excuse is delusional, especially when the umps were more on Port's side and Port had far more opportunities to win but blew them all.

Port fans have to blame everyone else but their own team's obvious choking, even when the umps gifted Port goals. Free kick count was just about even, so this "umpires fault" excuse is delusional, especially when the umps were more on Port's side and Port had far more opportunities to win but blew them all.
Using free kick count as your measure is the least analytical view of umpiring I have ever heard, are you angling for a job in the AFL umpiring dept?

Using free kick count as your measure is the least analytical view of umpiring I have ever heard, are you angling for a job in the AFL umpiring dept?
What's with this deflection? Port observably choked, anybody can see that, Port fans are using umpires as a scapegoat, which is ridiculous when they gifted Port a few goals, but of course brush that under the rug.

Nice of you to only show 1/4 of the play.

Hmmm I wonder why that is, is it because in the next frame he’s looking at where the ball is before it arrives?

And the next frames show brown diving ?

You went to the trouble of finding it and posting it, you could have posted the full thing but didn’t. Why?
Are you new to the game? I’m genuinely concerned if you have watched football for an extended period of time and don’t know that taking your eyes off the ball and initiating contact with a player running into a marking contest is, and I’m not exaggerating here, 100% of the time a free kick.

Looking back at the ball after you take your eyes off it means absolutely nothing.

Have a lie down mate, you’re embarrassing yourself.

Are you new to the game? I’m genuinely concerned if you have watched football for an extended period of time and don’t know that taking your eyes off the ball and initiating contact with a player running into a marking contest is, and I’m not exaggerating here, 100% of the time a free kick.

Looking back at the ball after you take your eyes off it means absolutely nothing.

Have a lie down mate, you’re embarrassing yourself.

Brown dove and Alir was looking at the ball before it came in. Brown was embarrassing last night and a real umpires pet

If not having your eyes on the ball 100% of the time while making contact with an opponent is a free Dixon is owed a billion free kicks

Anyone really want to tell me Dixon’s opponents have their eyes on the ball100% of the time?

Of course not.

Dixon just doesn’t throw himself like a Hollywood stuntman at contact.

Same with a lot of other main big kf targets. Their opponents look to make contact then look at the ball before it comes in.

They’re only penalised if they never lay eyes on the ball and make contact stopping the kf from contesting.

Pretty ironic giving the biggest flopper and flailer for free kicks in the league is Ben Brown which was the only glaring bad free kick of the match.

If he hadn’t been playing for free kicks for 10 years it wouldn’t have been so obvious but it was the same as the 100+ free kicks he staged for at North that got him that disgusting goal.
easiest decision of the night. Maybe Aliir should've just kept his eyes on the ball instead of having his eyes squarely on Brown and blocking his run.

Brown dove and Alir was looking at the ball before it came in. Brown was embarrassing last night and a real umpires pet
Now you're just lying. I've shown you screenshots of Aliir looking completely away from the ball the entire time before he contacts Brown. Don't act tough and say 'I dare you to show me' only to deny the evidence when it's right in front of you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now you're just lying. I've shown you screenshots of Aliir looking completely away from the ball the entire time before he contacts Brown. Don't act tough and say 'I dare you to show me' only to deny the evidence when it's right in front of you.

No you didn’t you showed two screenshots from around the first 1/4 of the play and didn’t show the rest.

As I pointed out there’s likely a reason why you chose to only show that

If not having your eyes on the ball 100% of the time while making contact with an opponent is a free Dixon is owed a billion free kicks

Anyone really want to tell me Dixon’s opponents have their eyes on the ball100% of the time?

Of course not.

Dixon just doesn’t throw himself like a Hollywood stuntman at contact.

Same with a lot of other main big kf targets. Their opponents look to make contact then look at the ball before it comes in.

They’re only penalised if they never lay eyes on the ball and make contact stopping the kf from contesting.
If you can show me screenshots of someone contacting Dixon when he's running to jump at a ball on the lead then I will admit it's a free.
Blocking frees are usually called when a player is trying to run and jump at the footy as Brown was. I'll await your screenshots.

If you can show me screenshots of someone contacting Dixon when he's running to jump at a ball on the lead then I will admit it's a free.
Blocking frees are usually called when a player is trying to run and jump at the footy as Brown was. I'll await your screenshots.

You want me to show screenshots of Dixon’s entire career? lol

It’s not blocking the run if it’s under the ball.
Jesus christ.
Maybe ask the Port board to explain the free to you? Don’t need to take our word for it that one was clear as day.

It’s really not. No matter what you say

It’s not blocking the run if it’s under the ball. That’s absurd, how would anyone ever contest a mark?
huh? what are you banging on about? You keep your eyes on the ball. Aliir was the only player out of the 5 players who wasn't looking at the ball. The screenshots don't like. If Brown wasn't a threat Aliir would've just let him go but nope, he looks at him runs over to him and blocks his run. Having a token look to where the ball is post block isn't fooling anyone other than one-eyed port fans.

The free wasn’t paid cause Alir looked at brown while running to the contest, it was paid cause brown hit the dirt, which would be fair enough if brown hadn’t of obviously flopped and thrown himself.

If brown hadn’t of gone down is anyone going to say that would have been paid a free?

You want me to comb and post footage because you believe that defenders have never looked at a kf while running to a contest and making contact?

That’s absurd.

Defenders look where they’re running.

That’s not paid unless they make no attempt to look at the ball at all.
It's all talk. show me screenshots. I'm talking about when Dixon is on the lead and trying to run and jump at the footy. Don't reply until you have screenshots.

Back