AFL 2017 - Prelim - Richmond v GWS, MCG, Sat, 4.45pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

One of the few GWS players that can hold their head high. Heath Shaw and Calls Ward were their best players. Kelly and Scullly proved how overrated they are.
Kelly and Scully were the least of their problems. I thought both played well. Kelly throughout the whole game, and Scully in bursts.

Keep telling yourself that and it will be another 50 years

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

How much are you burning General Giant ? Two years on the trot where you've been flag favourites and not even a single GF. It's a huge worry. Two years of your window wasted and now the slow exodus starts. Fingers crossed you win next year I guess.

Shiel is concussed enough that he can't play out the game
QusN3.jpg

He went off because his shoulder was f'd.

Personally I feel very sorry for all those long suffering GWS fans taking the
long drive home in the chartered mini bus.
We've only been "suffering" for a few years, really. How long have you been "suffering"? We really love our team though, they got to the finals 2 years in a row.

How much are you burning General Giant ? Two years on the trot where you've been flag favourites and not even a single GF. It's a huge worry. Two years of your window wasted and now the slow exodus starts. Fingers crossed you win next year I guess.

At what stage of this season have they been favs? Sydney were shorter than them before their loss to Geelong. And Adelaide shorter still.

why does anyone feel sorry for Cotchin and suggest he shouldnt get suspended for that. He has 2 past indiscretions this season of whacking blokes. Now we have Shiel out for 3 quarters because Cotchin smashed him in the head with his shoulder. Its at least a fine and in the regular season would be a 1-2 game suspension.

Dont think the Tigers will win anyway but if Richmond win and Cotchin is free to play then the AFL is no better than 12 years ago when they turned a blind eye to Barry Hall punching a bloke in the guts and getting off

Cotchin played another brilliant captains game to get his team into the grand final and it's an absolute disgrace that people are so focused on a fair bump where he clearly only had eyes for the ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All this talk of turning footy into netball, yet an accidental clash by players going for the ball causes a concussion and you all scream for blood.

No-one wants him suspended for the action. You all just hate Richmond/cotchin.

It's absolutely pathetic isn't it?

Enjoy the win mate! Cotchin will be fine!

Speaking from experience?

Lol @ people saying it was because of umpires.

It was an over officiated game all around.. Not sure even a minute went by where there was no free. We got softies, but so did they.. Umps just need to **** off and let the players play.

We've only been "suffering" for a few years, really. How long have you been "suffering"? We really love our team though, they got to the finals 2 years in a row.
I've been suffering since we won our last premiership. You only a few years? Did you only just jump on the band wagon?

So true. They should ban every non-traditional club. Let's go back to the good old VFA days and get rid of the rest. Oops, that means Footscray too, right? Both Adelaide clubs. WA clubs too. Let it go back to, wait, let's see, just Victoria. Just what Soccer and Rugby League want. We should listen to this persons wisdom and stop the expansion of our great game.

Not sure where I said GWS shouldn't exist?

Just that I can't believe players are willing to sacrifice their opportunity for a fulfilling career to help kickstart a club that not many people care about and probably never will.

I honestly, genuinely, truly, rooly, do wonder if the likes of Callan Ward will have major regrets one day.

And yes I'm a Dogs supporter and yes I understand you will dismiss anything I have to say as result.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back