News Aaron Young signs with Keith

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't get me wrong he's had a great year but I'm worried he's starting to drop off. He's only kicked 3 goals in the last 5 games :oops::oops::oops:
Bit hard to kick 3 goals a game when he's spending most of his time in our defensive 50.

We found what his best position is just so we know where not to play him.

Neade Young White Johnson :p
rrr.gif

In this current comparison he has more disposals and marks than Chad Wingard, Cyril Rioli and Eddie Betts. He has less tackles than Cyril but is wider-ranging than all of them so has less goals. Although with a bit more accuracy he could be ahead of both Cyril and Chad, especially with some of the easy shots he missed against Brisbane.

http://finalsiren.com/PlayerCompare...rName4=&Compare=Compare&SelectedPlayers=2247,

Based on this Betts/Rioli/Wingard/Young comparison I would have to put Young above Wingard.
http://finalsiren.com/PlayerCompare.asp?SeasonID=2016&PlayerName1=eddie+betts&PlayerName2=chad+wingard&PlayerName3=cyril+rioli&PlayerName4=&Compare=Compare&SelectedPlayers=2247,
He has worked a lot harder in different positions, he tackles nearly twice as much and he kicks as many goals. Eddie kicks a lot more goals and Cyril lays a lot more tackles but in both cases the ball is kept in their forward lines a lot more, which in part leads to those numbers. In teams of similar quality I would put Young near to par with those two.

In fact, this comparison between Young and the main three Hawthorn forwards more reflects what he could do in a functioning team. And with a fit Wingard and Monfries for a full year we could be in that position in 2017.

http://finalsiren.com/PlayerCompare...gunston&Compare=Compare&SelectedPlayers=2247,

Last edited:
Based on this Betts/Rioli/Wingard/Young comparison I would have to put Young above Wingard.
http://finalsiren.com/PlayerCompare.asp?SeasonID=2016&PlayerName1=eddie+betts&PlayerName2=chad+wingard&PlayerName3=cyril+rioli&PlayerName4=&Compare=Compare&SelectedPlayers=2247,
He has worked a lot harder in different positions, he tackles nearly twice as much and he kicks as many goals. Eddie kicks a lot more goals and Cyril lays a lot more tackles but in both cases the ball is kept in their forward lines a lot more, which in part leads to those numbers. In teams of similar quality I would put Young near to par with those two.

In fact, this comparison between Young and the main three Hawthorn forwards more reflects what he could do in a functioning team. And with a fit Wingard and Monfries for a full year we could be in that position in 2017.

http://finalsiren.com/PlayerCompare.asp?SeasonID=2016&PlayerName1=cyril+rioli&PlayerName2=&PlayerName3=luke+breust&PlayerName4=jack+gunston&Compare=Compare&SelectedPlayers=2247,

This year, Young has reached a new level of performance for which I can only hope he can maintain beyond. He has hit his ceiling this year however.

Wingard on the other hand, is a game breaker. He can influence the game single handedly as he has in a fair few games already. He has the potential to be the best in the game.

This year, Young has reached a new level of performance for which I can only hope he can maintain beyond. He has hit his ceiling this year however.

Wingard on the other hand, is a game breaker. He can influence the game single handedly as he has in a fair few games already. He has the potential to be the best in the game.
I believe that too, which was why I included the Monfries bit and also the fit Wingard. There is no question that Wingard did not have his best year and part of this is due to other players not having good years but part is also due to Hodge's 2015 attack on him. Our 2017 small forward line has the potential to have the goal return of Rioli/Breust/Gunston.

I don't think young has reached his ceiling. Dangerous around goals and ridiculously strong in the contest. I see no reason why he can't play mids and have an even bigger impact.

The only thing holding him back is self doubt.

I don't really see him as a midfielder but I think he will thrive in that half-forward Monfries role when this team finally gets its s**t together.

Everyone's self belief will improve once we start getting some consistent results.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Youngy does his best work close to goals. He hasn't shown much as a mid. Had a great year. Top fella as well.

Seems to hit the game in bursts, which is why I like him more closer to goals, where his strong core a ND hardness at the contest will be every bit as effective as in the mids. 90% fwd / 10% mid split for mine

Has a rare ability to 'lose' his man. As a forward that's valuable.
Has gone from a fringe player up for trade to a must keep team player, congratulations to him.
^ spot on and yep well done Aaron. Was not h/balling to Chad and missing a goal at point blank range AO Riverbank end 2014
a turning point? It seemed to wake Ken and the list up to total team footy. A knock on Aaron is his inability to see options that would
break up the oppo but he's not alone there. Elite star... mmm maybe not but good player yes. His results last year surprised and
pleased me. Getting to that # of games where he might really deliver even more than last year.

Has a rare ability to 'lose' his man. As a forward that's valuable.

^ spot on and yep well done Aaron. Was not h/balling to Chad and missing a goal at point blank range AO Riverbank end 2014
a turning point? It seemed to wake Ken and the list up to total team footy. A knock on Aaron is his inability to see options that would
break up the oppo but he's not alone there. Elite star... mmm maybe not but good player yes. His results last year surprised and
pleased me. Getting to that # of games where he might really deliver even more than last year.
I have said before that I have been watching our games again. Geez cant remember which one it was. One commentator did say that they need to put a tag on Young as he is getting out in space too much and is damaging in Ports forward lines.

2017 should be an interesting year for AYoung he came good in a year where our forward line was not in top form, im unsure if we get our forward line to really get going if AYoung can still produce the way he did in 2016??? Some players are like that.

He's a real interesting one Youngy , he can drop out of games but his good is really quite good indeed .
He's a good mark , slippery , gets into good positions , as a forward he's pretty much best 22 unless he loses form .
As a mid , he gets the ball but tends to not be clean with getting out of the clinches , needs to work with some of the indigenous guys and learn a side step and a back turn .
Good player though and if he hasn't reached his ceiling he'll end up a ripper .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back