News Aaron Young signs with Keith

Remove this Banner Ad

Kane rang in to AA to say that the deal was done before the season started but wasn't publicised because "it's just Youngy lol".

Seems very odd. Port have been very hot on promoting ANY signing, even rookies so I can't see why they'd wait to announce a signing for Young.

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2016-06-08/young-signs-on

"The new deal – in negotiation on the eve of the season and finalised recently – will see the converted forward remain in Power colours until the end of the 2017 season."

"While his contract negotiation prior to the start of the year was signed for one year, Young is excited about the prospect of keeping his spot in the Power’s best side and cementing himself on the list going forward."

We tied the contract conditions away a fair while ago, and I’m really pleased to have my future here settled."

Might be some truth to that actually. Let's be honest, if they'd announced that Young had been given a contract extension in March, half of us would be questioning it.

Having a good year and seems very natural.

Just one of those guys that seems to read the play so well which gives him the looks that he gets.

1 year makes sense. This one could go his way as his stock rises, or it could be like Arch's 1 year deal. Which everyone questioned "why only one?" late last year.

And FFS Kane... Pull your finger together.

Is Pittard out of contract next year? If so, I hope the club has already locked him away too. Perhaps they wait for all the typical media hysteria and speculation and then announce the signings. I don't mind that, it beats the media at their own game.

Pittard is a RFA next year, so there's no chance of him signing any contract until the new CBA is agreed to and he knows what sort of money he might be getting.

$'s are one thing and the rule changes of the CBA aligned with the new tv deal could prompt a major player/s
movement within the clubs. Potential premiership success is a lure no doubt but lets not under estimate the
brotherhood of a list, home venue and fan passion. We are competitive and relevant with an upward trending future.
We are a club, with a club house, a history of success and a passion to not fall backwards and stay there.
The players have bought into it en masse as recent siblings and re-signings have proved.
Well done Aaron and keep up your good form.

I thought maybe 3 year's..... who put the 1 year deal on the table?

When I first saw Young, I saw gut running, body on the line (Wilbur stuff) and said to MEself, he just needs to kick goals now and he will make in the best 22. Since then he has just got better and better. I cant see him going backwards from here, do you?

Well done Arron, you deserved at least 2 years with a 1 year extension. IMO

......... Let's be honest, if they'd announced that Young had been given a contract extension in March, half of us would be questioning it.
The melts would have been glorious.

"WTF, WE DELISTED MOORE BUT GAVE YOUNG A NEW CONTRACT! WHAT YOU DOING PETER ROHDE?"

who put the 1 year deal on the table?
As others have suggested maybe Aaron and his manager Connors put the 1yr deal in front of the club
who probably said yes in a heartbeat. In a years time the CBA and the new tv deal money is in play.
Young got his chance when Hammer was a late withdrawal for the showdown. Up til then his name in our best
available 22 was not written in stone. He grabbed his chance with both hands and his value is going up with each game.
The spot he holds has a lot of options in the future Amon Palmer Houston Hewitt Reynolds(?).
In todays paper Monfries cheersquad of Bones and Tredders are pushing for Port to give Angus a contract for 2017.
Who knows what will happen there. We'll just have to trust the club to make the right call.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought maybe 3 year's..... who put the 1 year deal on the table?

When I first saw Young, I saw gut running, body on the line (Wilbur stuff) and said to MEself, he just needs to kick goals now and he will make in the best 22. Since then he has just got better and better. I cant see him going backwards from here, do you?

Well done Arron, you deserved at least 2 years with a 1 year extension. IMO
The Club has done the right thing with Young. After this year, with the AFL Salary Cap increasing, I am sure the Club will give him a few more years and an increase in pay:D

AAEAAQAAAAAAAARnAAAAJDczMjIxMWRjLWQwOGYtNGMzZS1hYjEwLTU1ZTMwMTg2MWQ4Zg.jpg

Aaron has been a ripper this year no doubt, hopefully he can keep up his form & can get around 50 goals for the year will be an excellent effort:thumbsu:;).

Young's break-out season continues to surprise me. From someone who struggled for regular games in past seasons to an auto-in this year. Another good game on Saturday with 22 disposals and 2 goals. I'm fascinated by his goal kicking. 27 goals so far which is one behind Charlie and six ahead of Chad (Chad's played one less game). More goals than Stringer, Darling, Rioli and Hawkins.

It's a great turn-around story.

He would almost be a lock for AA...amazing

Should. If he gets 50 and we miss the eight I'd be shocked if they name him and not decide on one of those years where they pack in a bunch of passably-deserving onballers/mediums who are perceived as having breakout or great years.

ie. HF: Viney ~ Franklin ~ Stringer

Looking at the development of the GWS players, and knowing that Chad was a development coach there, perhaps we have ourselves a gem?

Not to knock Chad but when the club has 25 first-round picks over a five year period (not making that up either) you don't exactly have your work cut out for you.

Not to knock Chad but when the club has 25 first-round picks over a five year period (not making that up either) you don't exactly have your work cut out for you.
Gee, I didn't realise it was that many! Imagine if we had the same concessions when we joined. Strange comp this. There really is nothing close to an equal playing field, not in any way shape or form. Yet GWS will be lauded for their success.

Gee, I didn't realise it was that many! Imagine if we had the same concessions when we joined. Strange comp this. There really is nothing close to an equal playing field, not in any way shape or form. Yet GWS will be lauded for their success.
Yeah but we were coming from a base of 125 years of history and success in a footballing state. Not nearly close to compare the entry of Port and GWS into the competition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back