News Aaron Young signs with Keith

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah but we were coming from a base of 125 years of history and success in a footballing state. Not nearly close to compare the entry of Port and GWS into the competition.

That's true, but it's the only thing that kept us from being fodder.

We had the worst startup list and player acquisition concessions of the expansion clubs.

If he's done the contract at the beginning of the year we also got him cheaper than most expect.
It's probably worked out well, the carrot is dangling for him if he keeps his current level up he'll be rewarded with his next contract.

Youngy had a quiet game last week but he bounced back hard yesterday. Did a lot of good work in the midfield and kicked two goals, taking his season total to 30 only one behind Wingard's season high of 31. He's turned into a quality midfielder who can kick goals. He's just about our most improved player this year. It's a contest between him and Darcy, with Austin not that far behind.

Youngy was tremendous yesterday. Played almost like a traditional centre half forward, leading up at the ball and then turning back hard. Full marks to him, he has exceeded all expectations this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/po...t/news-story/f5831d5b5562949a3537bd104b86a038
How Port Adelaide’s Aaron Young turned his career around and inspired us all, writes Brad Ebert
THE mind is a powerful thing.

And in Australian football a player’s mental state can make or break him.
My Port Adelaide team-mate Aaron Young is a classic example.
Make no mistake, “Youngy’’ has had to do it tough.
He has been a revelation for the Power this season, playing 15 of a possible 16 games, including 15 on the trot.
He is equal-second on Port’s goalkicking list with 30 — one behind Chad Wingard and tied with Charlie Dixon.
Youngy has a new contract to go with his breakout season and as a teammate I hope he is with the club for the long haul.
More...... a must read ...
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/po...t/news-story/f5831d5b5562949a3537bd104b86a038
upload_2016-7-22_21-17-24.png
Aaron Young is an inspiration, says Brad Ebert.

Last edited:
Pleased for Young, i always wondered, which of Young or Moore would make the cut and this season Aaron Young has been an inspiration to us and his team mates and we all know where Moore ended up. Well done and well deserved Youngy.

Youngy is one of my favourite players at Port, I just love the way he plays, his never give up attitude (as shown in that article) and his loyalty to our club. Hope his form continues and he is a Port player for the rest of his career, which by the sounds of it is definitely on the cards.

The best thing about Young is his name can't be inclureyded in any s**t Neade Moore Wines puns

Neade Young White Johnson :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back