Player Watch #6: George Wardlaw - two-time RS nominee ('23 &'24) - the Warlord - managed vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Hard-nosed onballer George Wardlaw is eyeing off a return to the senior side after being managed over the weekend.

The sophomore Roo is now refreshed and will be in the frame to face Adelaide.

"George is a player that match committee and performance team spoke about having strategic breaks placed in through the season," White said.

"This relied on loading and recovery flags that are sensitive to George’s physical health and risk of overload."

Hard-nosed onballer George Wardlaw is eyeing off a return to the senior side after being managed over the weekend.

"George is a player that match committee and performance team spoke about having strategic breaks placed in through the season," White said.

"This relied on loading and recovery flags that are sensitive to George’s physical health and risk of overload."

Should’ve been rested against Geelong and played against the Hawks.

I’m looking forward to the first 10 minutes of the Adelaide game. I fully expect George go ballistic!

They all should go hard after that embarrassment. Where are our mouth guards at training? Makes me sick to think about how I just knew in my heart that the Hawks would rinse us based on that press conference cliche.

They all should go hard after that embarrassment. Where are our mouth guards at training? Makes me sick to think about how I just knew in my heart that the Hawks would rinse us based on that press conference cliche.
Adelaide have a soft underbelly, 2 squibs rachelle put on display last week are evidence of that. On the other hand tex can run through a brick wall and with our underwhelming backline is we get beaten in the middle could go double figures.

I miss the heady days of the Rhys Shaw Roos where at least we would work our arses off to pressure and hurt the man.
Unfortunately, we all (including the club) got sucked in by that particular sugar hit - blame Covid, maybe). The upshot was Paul Roos… the rest is history, disastrous history.

Has shown more leadership and endeavour than blokes with 7-8 years on the list. Even though he isn't 100% fit or conditioned for AFL footy, he has always put his body on the line. He was absolutely cooked because he was carrying the entire team on his shoulders like Sheezel was. It wasn't LDU, it definitely wasn't Jy, it wasn't Lmac, it wasn't Cam Zurhaar and certainly wasn't Corr or any other of the senior players. Pathetic.

Why is it so difficult for our more experienced players to show the way compared to our 18/19 year olds? They need to ******* own up to the lack of leadership going on. Comben can't scream and yell every week, Sheezel can't slam the ground with his hands after a teammate let's him down, Wardlaw can't be getting so cooked that he looks like he spent 5 hours in a boot camp right in the centre of Australia.

When does this bullshit stop?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has shown more leadership and endeavour than blokes with 7-8 years on the list. Even though he isn't 100% fit or conditioned for AFL footy, he has always put his body on the line. He was absolutely cooked because he was carrying the entire team on his shoulders like Sheezel was. It wasn't LDU, it definitely wasn't Jy, it wasn't Lmac, it wasn't Cam Zurhaar and certainly wasn't Corr or any other of the senior players. Pathetic.

Why is it so difficult for our more experienced players to show the way compared to our 18/19 year olds? They need to ******* own up to the lack of leadership going on. Comben can't scream and yell every week, Sheezel can't slam the ground with his hands after a teammate let's him down, Wardlaw can't be getting so cooked that he looks like he spent 5 hours in a boot camp right in the centre of Australia.

When does this bullshit stop?
Look Here Reaction GIF by Paul McCartney

Good to see George back…I’ll watch him all game regardless of results…but sophomore???? Wtf. We ain’t an American college football / basketball side….geez which wiz in our media team had the bright idea let’s use this big word…..please..just keep it simple……

I genuinely believe our boys will play out of their skins against the Crows. The condescending nature of the criticism throughout media land would be stinging everyone at the club.

Go Roos
Or, we could come out and kick the first couple of goals, then Adelaide get a run on and smash a lifeless NM.

I'd like to think we'll see an intense response, but I've been burnt more ti.es than not.

Dead set, if we played with heart and aggression and were matching teams for parts of games, the losing wouldn't bother me a bit...

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Good to see George back…I’ll watch him all game regardless of results…but sophomore???? Wtf. We ain’t an American college football / basketball side….geez which wiz in our media team had the bright idea let’s use this big word…..please..just keep it simple……
What is not simple about sophomore? Broaden your horizons, man. We aren't trapped in Australia anymore.

If you don't understand the word via context the just ask instead of hiding your insecurity behind your offended vocabulary.

If you do understand, toughen up and get on with it. You don't control others' vocabulary.

What is not simple about sophomore? Broaden your horizons, man. We aren't trapped in Australia anymore.

If you don't understand the word via context the just ask instead of hiding your insecurity behind your offended vocabulary.

If you do understand, toughen up and get on with it. You don't control others' vocabulary.
Harry and George are wise but they're not fools.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back