Player Watch #5: Curtis Taylor - re-signed until the end of 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

If only Curtis believed in himself like you did
I believe in majority of our players unlike some

I’m just vocal on the few I don’t believe in

Curtis I’ve always rated with his ability to take a grab, has a bit of X factor about him but still works harder than most running both ways to cover for others or create an option. Is one that also brings a lot off field to bond the group together

You can just see he's a footballer - lean but developed arms, confident assured look. Contrast that to the pop singer - skinny, sunglasses hanging off the shirt. Grinning like a plonker.

Edit: oh right
Taylor resembles a member of 'Aerobics Oz Style' more than an AFL player.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

at worst he will be a solid ready made depth player for a few years

23 years old only and around 70 games

Tagger could be an option but I’d rather he play that high half forward role
i love how people here throw the option of "tagger" to every spud that ever steps foot @ Arden st but just does not have the level of an AFL listed player. In Curtis Taylor's case , he screams of Footy not being his absolute one & only priority in life and I'm of the opinion as a loyal long term paid up member... That if this is the case ... "Then go * right off"

i love how people here throw the option of "tagger" to every spud that ever steps foot @ Arden st but just does not have the level of an AFL listed player. In Curtis Taylor's case , he screams of Footy not being his absolute one & only priority in life and I'm of the opinion as a loyal long term paid up member... That if this is the case ... "Then go * right off"
I mentioned I still like him as a high hff working up the ground and chaining up

But he does have attributes to be a good tagger and did a good job on Merrett

If he is getting a game this year or beyond, barring injuries, then things have gone woefully wrong with the cavalcade of highly touted youngsters that play his position.
At least he's a step above those that we recently delisted. Not the end of the world if he get the occasional game. Imo

At least he's a step above those that we recently delisted. Not the end of the world if he get the occasional game. Imo
That's a fair take.

If he gets pushed out to that 30+ player range , we're heading in the right direction.

If he's playing every week, I fear another spoon incoming.

I remember Taylor in his first year on the hff and he chipped a ball to a player open for a goal which was class and I thought we have a player. He can kick a goal but he has stalled which hasn’t helped him when he’s been thrown around in different positions with limited success. I see him as a hff with some X factor. If, imo he doesn’t play well in that position then he’s done.

That's a fair take.

If he gets pushed out to that 30+ player range , we're heading in the right direction.

If he's playing every week, I fear another spoon incoming.

Well I can be sensible when sensible is required Michael.

I see this as another Perez/Young moment. Both had some AFL qualities but not enough to he involved at the pointy end of the season. Was music to my ears when I heard Al clarko state that. And it would seem Al clarko is a man of his word .

Well I can be sensible when sensible is required Michael.

I see this as another Perez/Young moment. Both had some AFL qualities but not enough to he involved at the pointy end of the season. Was music to my ears when I heard Al clarko state that. And it would seem Al clarko is a man of his word .
He’s simply not good enough.

Mercurial? Maybe. His only asset is overhead marking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Correct I've said it before if he was 6ft 6 he'd be a star of the comp.

Being strong overhead at his height doesn't equate to very much. But it is an AFL quality trait. He's a better mark than both CCJs and Xerri.

I prefer the brutal TAO.

If Curtis was 6'6" he'd be a skinny fat Josh Schache.

For the “ Curtis Taylor’s the same size the day we drafted! ” crowd ….

Good news is - looks like he’s put a bit of bulk on to me

For the “ Curtis Taylor’s the same size the day we drafted! ” crowd ….

Good news is - looks like he’s put a bit of bulk on to me
Hungry Food GIF

What actually happened to this bloke? Early in his career he looked like he was going to be a player.

Is he deadset more focused on his social life than football and that’s been his downfall or is that just people putting a bit of mayo on it?

The way he is tracking he will want to enjoy that social life while he has it, because the perks of being an AFL footballer may be coming to an end if he doesn’t extract the digit.

What actually happened to this bloke? Early in his career he looked like he was going to be a player.

Is he deadset more focused on his social life than football and that’s been his downfall or is that just people putting a bit of mayo on it?

The way he is tracking he will want to enjoy that social life while he has it, because the perks of being an AFL footballer may be coming to an end if he doesn’t extract the digit.

He's not good enough. I don't think having a shot at some perceived social life stuff is necessary.

Lacks power, skinny, position-less player without a discernible, influential AFL weapon. Not complicated.

He's not good enough. I don't think having a shot at some perceived social life stuff is necessary.

Lacks power, skinny, position-less player without a discernible, influential AFL weapon. Not complicated.
I wasn’t having a shot, was asking the question based on some of the previous commentary around him.

He didn’t have any issues early in his career playing at the level and he has had time to build his body. I think that is a cop out.

I wasn’t having a shot, was asking the question based on some of the previous commentary around him.

He didn’t have any issues early in his career playing at the level and he has had time to build his body. I think that is a cop out.

Yeah, you're right. You weren't. Apologies.

On his size, its possible he does the work and just has a frame that makes it hard to fill out a jumper?

Early, I think he took some marks that stood out a bit, but it was rare and the totality of his impact was negligible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back