Player Watch #44 Sydney Stack

Remove this Banner Ad

You could be right. The club will look far and wide and if they determine Stack is our best option he’ll get a SSP spot. Our list is in great shape and thus the club can take a risk or two. Stack, another delisted player or a young kid or two it doesn’t matter. We have good depth.
Got no issue with us taking a gamble on Stack again in the SSP if he pulls his finger out. Get the feeling he's gonna burn some bridges between now and then though...

Wonder what we don't know.

I really thought someone would take him in and give him a shot.

So much more proven talent than any other delisted player. Obvious issues. But the treating of Syd like a weevil infested piece of rotting hybrid shitzu donkey carcass is very strange

So much more proven talent than any other delisted player. Obvious issues. But the treating of Syd like a weevil infested piece of rotting hybrid shitzu donkey carcass is very strange
Maybe clubs get the indication, that's how SS treated the opportunity that Richmond gave him in the first place...

How people still act like he was hard done by has got me... 4 years to get it right, and every issue he had he caused himself, no one else.

And the fact clubs aren't falling over him suggests they all think they same as we do.

Maybe clubs get the indication, that's how SS treated the opportunity that Richmond gave him in the first place...

How people still act like he was hard done by has got me... 4 years to get it right, and every issue he had he caused himself, no one else.

And the fact clubs aren't falling over him suggests they all think they same as we do.

yeah. I just wonder if there is inside info that makes clubs extra wary.

yeah. I just wonder if there is inside info that makes clubs extra wary.
Dont think clubs really need much inside information as its all out there for them to see

He has never come back to the club in good shape
Issue's in the hub and when he was given leave for a death and ends up partying and getting locked up
Tik Tock activities
inability to impact games of vfl for long periods and looking gassed

After 4 years if he was going to become a professional he would have and most clubs accept Richmond is a extremely well run and coached club and have given him ample opportunity.

Freo said it best when asked about them taking him

" He probably needs to go back to a lower level and get himself right and prove he has the will and work rate to play at the highest level"

Dont think clubs really need much inside information as its all out there for them to see

He has never come back to the club in good shape
Issue's in the hub and when he was given leave for a death and ends up partying and getting locked up
Tik Tock activities
inability to impact games of vfl for long periods and looking gassed

After 4 years if he was going to become a professional he would have and most clubs accept Richmond is a extremely well run and coached club and have given him ample opportunity.

Freo said it best when asked about them taking him

" He probably needs to go back to a lower level and get himself right and prove he has the will and work rate to play at the highest level"
RCD has been criticized for hitting the gym when delisted. He is putting himself out there willing to do the yards for a second chance. Oppo clubs just need to check out Sydney Stacks Instagram to see how committed he is at a second chance.

Got no issue with us taking a gamble on Stack again in the SSP if he pulls his finger out. Get the feeling he's gonna burn some bridges between now and then though...
He needs to be very aware that his afl career is precariously hanging by a thread and do all the right things to get another opportunity.

Interesting that the article said that Stack was training as if for an AFL list in 2023. That means as his manager said, the has learned his lessons which translates to he is doing the training now that he hasn't so far. Good luck to him, the penny might have dropped. On the other side, will believe it when we see it, which I hope happens, too much talent not to be playing at the highest level if he wants it even if it's not for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just because JAKLAUGHING went all caps on us doesn’t mean the post was s**t. 😄
David Tennant Smile GIF - DavidTennant Smile Laugh - Discover & Share GIFs

I think most clubs would have seen how much we put into him in terms of support and development and he still couldn’t make a decent go of it. If he isn’t going to make it at one of the top clubs why take the risk?

I reckon his best bet is to go back and play WAFL and work out whether he has the desire to make it at the top level. He’ll get another chance if he proves himself and matures enough to be professional.

I think most clubs would have seen how much we put into him in terms of support and development and he still couldn’t make a decent go of it. If he isn’t going to make it at one of the top clubs why take the risk?

I reckon his best bet is to go back and play WAFL and work out whether he has the desire to make it at the top level. He’ll get another chance if he proves himself and matures enough to be professional.
A rookie spot for Freo for example is hardly a risk. If he is training now as his manager said, then that is half the risk gone. The other half we don't really know about but worth a punt.

A rookie spot for Freo for example is hardly a risk. If he is training now as his manager said, then that is half the risk gone. The other half we don't really know about but worth a punt.

Freo are entitled to change their mind but they’ve already said they’re not interested.

Hey, he might get lucky. I wish him well if he does.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back