Player Watch #37 Matthew Parker - Returned home to WA effective immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

People need to keep in mind that parker came into the team without a AFL preseason and no real knowledge about our game plan or structures and in a year where everything that could go wrong did.

Full preseason and another year of game plan and team mates games and he will be better for it.

At worst he could be our Jake Stringer or Jordan De Goey ;)

People need to keep in mind that parker came into the team without a AFL preseason and no real knowledge about our game plan or structures and in a year where everything that could go wrong did.

Full preseason and another year of game plan and team mates games and he will be better for it.

At worst he could be our Jake Stringer or Jordan De Goey ;)
Very good point.

Was wanting him to be in this week and he played a very solid game.

Really suits our style, contests well, genuinely AFL fit with great pace.

We've never been a side that relies on flashy stars doing flashy things, we're a side whose sustained success has been built on out 12-22 'ranked' players working harder and winning too many contests against whoever the opposition is.

The Pickett's, Kmac's and Parker's who can really cover the ground and give a fierce contest in the air and on the ground are way more important than people give them credit for.

Credit we're Credit due did well , still not best 22 for me.
Don’t think he will ever be but he’s the type of experienced depth that is essential to remain competitive when injury’s strike and creates competition for spots

Justified his spot on the list today

(Log in to remove this ad.)

no such thing anymore it's best 25 now, spesh with the sub. add an injury or two and old warhorses like cotch, shedda and lambert needing to be looked after,but on todays showing parker gets 12-16 games plus always gunna be a handy sub. definitely added grunt and value today.

Last edited:
Best game he's played for us today but would he be getting a game if Stack pulled his finger out?
Still think the offer something different
Stack easily the better player but Parker reminds me of Pickett where you know that you could just give him a job and he will crack in 100% like a medium sized utility player

Probably similar to Grigg when he was at his best

No, but he offers heaps more the George or diver on the ball Aarts. It surprised me a little, not his effort as it was always there but his kicking seemed to have improved. The other thing I noticed was his temper as he got balled over after a kick which he got a down free he simply jumped up and moved on.
I was hoping we moved on from those 3 but I'm warming to parker the other 2 can f right off.

Amazing what happens when you develop more of an understanding of the game plan as well as your teammates tendencies. Reckon he'll play a fair bit of footy at senior level this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back