Player Watch #37 Matthew Parker - Returned home to WA effective immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

Good Luck Parko - family always first....

But..... (jokes by the way )

oz5ho.jpg

Got the most out of his ability. Assume he'll go back and play WAFL again. Good luck to him.

Opens a spot we probably already knew would happen, but now confirmed.

I do not think the spot will be used.

Rookie spot isn't it? So no replacements apart from some on the main list moved to rookies to reduce salary cap

I think Parker's time worked and was mutually beneficial. He and his family can look forward to new opportunities west I would imagine. Probably good timing for all

An open spot is an open spot...rookie or midseason draft. It's now available for a new player.

The club does not have to have any rookies. If we are smart we use the facility as part of a overall cap plan and list management vehicle rather than accruing players because a spot is there.

The draftees can't be rookie so gives us flexibility with the others

Agreed, he should be proud of his efforts. He definitely should have played more games.

Thanks for your time at Tigerland Matty and all the best for your future.
Wouldn't be going anywhere if he was getting an AFL game. His last 6 weeks at VFL level have been well above the level. Not the last to jump ship as the result of not getting games.

There is about 20 games that Lambert and Edwards have played this year that in hindsight should have gone elsewhere

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't be going anywhere if he was getting an AFL game. His last 6 weeks at VFL level have been well above the level. Not the last to jump ship as the result of not getting games.

There is about 20 games that Lambert and Edwards have played this year that in hindsight should have gone elsewhere
Well above? Then the Eagles or Freo will be fighting for him. Let's see how that plays out. He has strengths and weaknesses.

Agreed, he should be proud of his efforts. He definitely should have played more games.

Thanks for your time at Tigerland Matty and all the best for your future.
Definitely should have got games ahead of aarts. Aarts might have got more pocessions in the vfl but parker was more damaging whilst getting it too. Shame the selectors couldnt see that.

Def a better option as medi sub than aarts who always seemed to get it. Maybe he knew that too.

Wish him luck heading back home. I will always be confused at his re-signing & think it was in neither of our best interest for it to happen. We basically could have taken another late or rookie pick in his place last year, guess we get the chance to now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back