Player Watch #37 Matthew Parker - Returned home to WA effective immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond has selected Matthew Parker from South Fremantle with pick No.10 in tonight's AFL Mid-Season Rookie Draft.

Parker comes to the Tigers following a best-on-ground performance for the Bulldogs last weekend, finishing with four goals from 26 possessions, nine marks, six inside-50s and three tackles against West Coast's reserves side in the WAFL.

A fortnight earlier, the 25-year-old kicked two goals representing Western Australia in a state game against South Australia at Adelaide Oval.

Parker played 19 games for St Kilda between 2019 and 2020 after being selected with pick No. 47 in the 2018 AFL National Draft.

Last edited:

I won't judge as I honestly no nothing about him.
What are his WAFL stats like this year?

We have had some success picking up players from the WAFL in recent times.
Broad, Baker and Pickett. Anyone else?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Judging by those disposal numbers looks like he might have been playing midfield in the WAFL rather than forward?

Screen Shot 2021-06-02 at 7.23.28 pm.png

So.....we trade Butler and Higgins to the saints as small forwards because all their small forwards are crap, and them, we draft a small forward that the saints delisted.

Looks quick, and nasty, and enjoys tackling , tick tick tick

He isn't small. He plays a LOT taller than he is. Strong overhead and has a leap on him.

Massive upgrade on George. It sounds like the club know George is a massive liability and have gotten this guy through the door to replace him. Massive fan of this pick. We identified a serious weakness in our side and upgraded it.

Remember a couple of games for the saints where he showed some promise.... but they dropped him pretty quick! I was surpised at the time. Good backup! And cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back