Autopsy 2nd Elimination Final, 2023: St.Kilda v GWS *WEBSTER 150TH* *BATTLE 100TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, Taylor was holding him by the arm so hard that he spun him as he ran to meet the ball and the umpire just watched it happen. Then gives absolutely piss weak ones later to others. The three umpire experiment is a massive fail. They have to go back to 2 next year. It's a mess.
The umpiring was lousy with some really obvious misses, Imo it’s been subpar all year in most games I’ve watched.

I was Level 3 and there were a few around. I hope they go well, they seem to really try to create a quality club. They'll never have the history but I think it's a worthwhile investment by the AFL for the long term
Western Sydney is the heartland of NRL, they literally hate AFL and think it is for Nancy boys.
Western Sydney is not Swans supporters or Melbourne Storm, I can guarantee you it will never be a success there.
The AFL will literally spend billions on them and corrupt the draft for decades at the expense of true AFL supporters like the 65 thousand Saints fans there yesterday just so they get their bonuses and can justify the expense spent on consultant firms 'advising' them on demographics and multi decade projections.
It is a deluded joke. If STKFC had the same access to the best kids from bayside, and the concessions the plastics and Fold Coast get, we would be like Penrith in the NRL and have 120,000 members.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

For an eternal pessimist, I’m surprisingly excited for the future.

We just didn’t play the conditions as well as GWS. Their run off half back, which was a strength of ours all year mind you was the difference.

Enough to work with in all aspects of the field.

I’ll be giving Howard another chance next year, not just off one performance from Cordy but we won’t get any value come trade time. Gives Adams and Van Es another season to develop.
It would be very brave to trade howard, given yesterdays display it would need to be an amazing offer I’m certainly not moving him for a second rounder.

I’m very confident we are tracking in the right direction and have improved so much this year, we need to improve this much again for next year .
Henry nominating us is a good start shows SOS is of to a good start

We are miles ahead of when Richo left, they had FA idea of what they were doing back then and started avoiding drafting because they knew they were shit at it. It's pretty dispiriting watching how far away we are still. North and Hawks are stockpiling talent at a faster rate. Even Essendon have lots of kids that are in reserve that they didn't play. GWS and GC are so stacked with talent that we are going to have to rely on Lyon's nous to carry us past them.

Because of past mistakes we are starting a long way back and have very little room for error. We have to over achieve while staying competitive so have to hope guys like Henry and Dow who are partially developed have a huge surge. It's a good strategy though as long as you don't overpay.

The last 2 drafts we have knocked out of the park and luck has been on our side but luck hasn't been something that we've were had much of as a club.

They were too good and we were soundly beaten and yet we managed to keep coming and lost by 24 points. Of course I’m disappointed but I’m certainly not surprised as imo we’ve overachieved this season. We have plenty to work with and plenty to work on, henry nominating us is a start and I’m backing the coaching and recruiting team in to do what needs to be done. Absolutely no reason for melts imo, i didn’t see anyone not trying although I saw a few outclassed.
It was a rare case of being happy and sad at the same time. I would have liked to go at least another round deep, but I'm buoyed by the future more than ever and we've had a level of success that we can build upon. We never gave up, even when we were out of it by the second quarter, then the third, then the fourth and I believe that will help us carry that into the next season

Up by the stairs and down by the lift.

It would be very brave to trade howard, given yesterdays display it would need to be an amazing offer I’m certainly not moving him for a second rounder.
You’re 💯 right

But we need to be a brave club moving forward

Backing the club what ever way they go

Shockingly umpired game. The boundary umpire near us got two calls wrong where the ball was clearly OOB and he let it play on that resulted in goals to GWS. The others also stuffed up a few intentional out of bounds too. He turned around and laughed at the Saints fans a few times too who were letting him know he was s**t at his job.
You were down the same end as me, how was the stick the crowd gave the goal umpire for the pointless review. Good sport.
Yeah, Taylor was holding him by the arm so hard that he spun him as he ran to meet the ball and the umpire just watched it happen. Then gives absolutely piss weak ones later to others. The three umpire experiment is a massive fail. They have to go back to 2 next year. It's a mess.
Four umpire experiment*

We’ve discussed this before but it seems like umpires are desperate to find free kicks where possible but also use every trick of the wording to not pay obvious ones. Holding the ball is a mess, complete and utter mess.

I didn’t think yesterday was appalling from the umpires (ducks for cover) they absolutely got the rub but it wasn’t cheat levels for me, was more the sort of rub the team absolutely dominating the game tends to get.

As for Max. I’m not sure, every key forward gets the treatment he get and aside from Charlie not many get substantially more than Max, especially in finals.

Something to note about King is that he was getting molested at almost every single contest yesterday too. Opposition players must know their best chance is to get under his skin and stop him jumping at the ball so that means shoving and “wrestling” (holding him would be a free kick so they can’t be doing that right??).

I’d like to see the club kick up more of a fuss about King’s treatment the way we occasionally used to about Rooeys. Neutrals will scoff but who cares.

That said I do agree Maxx needs to get on his bike more and use that mobility and height rather than get bogged down. Harves needs to get him on the track to build up his endurance.
He should give them a Gary Ablett tickle and have Caminiti clean them up, Steven May style.

They'll be better together after preseason

I think there's a few bright lights coming through the ranks- we need to get Heath in the mix next season, and put a lot of work into Keeler, Hotton, Van Es, Adams etc over summer. We lost a lot of one-on-one contests yesterday, and strength was a factor- GWS mids were stronger in the contest especially.

Bad luck on yesterdays result. Some great talent coming through for you guys. I think if he is utilised correctly, Owens is an absolute future star of the comp… could be Nat Fyfe like.
NWM also super, as has been Phillipou.
Plenty to work with going forward.
You were just to good. Hard bodied, hard at the pill, more efficient by foot, well coached.
4 goal deficit was significant, could have been more.
I am happy we didn't turn up.our toes when down by 7 goals twice, but outclassed.

We are miles ahead of when Richo left, they had FA idea of what they were doing back then and started avoiding drafting because they knew they were s**t at it. It's pretty dispiriting watching how far away we are still. North and Hawks are stockpiling talent at a faster rate. Even Essendon have lots of kids that are in reserve that they didn't play. GWS and GC are so stacked with talent that we are going to have to rely on Lyon's nous to carry us past them.

Because of past mistakes we are starting a long way back and have very little room for error. We have to over achieve while staying competitive so have to hope guys like Henry and Dow who are partially developed have a huge surge. It's a good strategy though as long as you don't overpay.

The last 2 drafts we have knocked out of the park and luck has been on our side but luck hasn't been something that we've were had much of as a club.
Given our coaching group, excellent Moorabbin facilities and proximity to the Brighton Cafes and all the related benefits the area has to offer (half joking) - at least we should be an attractive location for players considering a move & seeking to improve and play with a Club on the way up.

It’s not like we are still at Seaford! No Manager in his right mind would have said that’s an A grade Club in the making. (For those familiar with Baseball - a bit like being traded to Oakland As - most decrepit ball park in the States with Oakland basically a tent city for the homeless - tragedy)

We also seem to have a great environment for the indigenous lads which is important.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While you were waiting for another reco? With an excellent full back jostling and bumping you?
At AFL level in a final?

You must be Superman. Want a contract?
A reco is a luxury I never had, and yet, I could still raise my arms in front of me to mark at the furthest point from my opponent.

Thanks for playing.

A reco is a luxury I never had, and yet, I could still raise my arms in front of me to mark at the furthest point from my opponent.

Thanks for playing.
Another internet hero. Are you going to start talking about other posters penises again?
Jog on pathetic troll.

Don't bother replying spanner, you are on ignore like the other bloviating halfwits

We are miles ahead of when Richo left, they had FA idea of what they were doing back then and started avoiding drafting because they knew they were s**t at it. It's pretty dispiriting watching how far away we are still. North and Hawks are stockpiling talent at a faster rate. Even Essendon have lots of kids that are in reserve that they didn't play. GWS and GC are so stacked with talent that we are going to have to rely on Lyon's nous to carry us past them.

Yesterday. The thing that upset me wasn’t that we lost. But that thought we still had so far to go to make the jump from top 8 to top 4 (contention)

It wasn’t until I cracked a few beers open when I got home that it hit me just how much scope we have for development still.

2 years time. Round 1 2025.

Owens Pou Windhager as our starting centre square line up. Class power and size.

Caminiti and king up forward with Higgins and Sharman.

Henry off a wing with Hotton

Nas an elite HBF with Battle and Stocker completing the half back line.

And what if Keeler becomes something?

And 90% of that is from the last 24 months.

Not sure how everyone else felt but in my section of the crowd we felt the writing was on the wall at the start of the 2nd and pretty much game over.

Then they went like 7 goals ahead and it was a done deal
Tbh the players looked like that. Sitting next to the bench they just looked baffled watching their teammates in the midfield from the side. Like frustration when they would see gws walk it out of the midfield. Couple stirring moments like Owens and nas’ goal but for the most part didn’t look like a whole lot of intensity or belief.

I thought this game was always a 50/50 call. Realistically, GWS have enough talent on their list to go all the way, so our competiveness should not be underestimated.

I always look at percentage as an indicator of where a team is at when the season ends. Points against, we are one of the best in the competition. Points for, we need quite a bit of work.
Defense is the backbone of any serious finals contender. RTB and his assistants have managed to put us there in one season. Looking forward to see what the coaches and SOS can do with the other side of the equation. If they get it right we could be kicking 100+ points on a regular of basis. I'm genuinely looking forward to next season!

I’m very confident we are tracking in the right direction and have improved so much this year, we need to improve this much again for next year .
Henry nominating us is a good start shows SOS is of to a good start
Gee wizz when was this announced? Henry is a bloody good player

Remove this Banner Ad

Back