Past #26: Tarryn Thomas [Part II] - will honor his contract and play on at NMFC in 2024, so says the reality TV manager

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying that this is what happened, but making a false report to the employer doesn't carry the same risk as making a false report to police and with the AFL media the way it is, its far more likely to result in sympathetic media attention and traffic to social media pages..

Purely speculation. If after investigation, it is proven that Tarryn has, indeed, been as big a scumbag as he is reported, I will expect the club to be done with him and I will be too.

All it also helps when all the numpties on social media pile on - even if it’s an unfounded claim , it might push a person to crack.

if im not mistaken, there was an accusation of throwing something? Also, threats are controlling behaviour, control through fear.

There was an accusation of throwing a lamp from memory - but even then not aimed directly at the alleged victim?

Coercive control most certainly exists and has been criminalised for a very good reason.

But what Tarryn is doing is nowhere near the threshold for that.

He's clearly an immature dick who has trouble processes his emotions, but he's now considered a serial domestic abuser when there's just no evidence for it.

And the cops went HARD looking for it.

Odd how keen they were to stick something, anything on the mouthy blackfulla who earns in a year what they do in nearly a decade.

And odd how the Herald Sun salivates over putting the scary black guy on the front page at every opportunity.

Same as how western suburbs cops couldn't wait to stick a rape charge on the big scary looking Sudanese dude Majak Daw.

What’s your read or insight into the current situation? Going straight to an employer imo seems to be weaponising the allegations, I’m expecting them to be on the less serious side if anything?

It certainly looks that way.

It will be interesting to see if we stand Tarryn down - if we do you'd think his career with us is over, if we don't, I reckon we are sticking by him.

If cops were involved, I'd say - and want - him gone from our club.

There was an accusation of throwing a lamp from memory - but even then not aimed directly at the alleged victim?

Coercive control most certainly exists and has been criminalised for a very good reason.

He's clearly an immature dick who has trouble processes his emotions, but he's now considered a serial domestic abuser when there's just no evidence for it.

Odd how keen they were to stick something, anything on the mouthy blackfulla who earns in a year what they do in nearly a decade.

And odd how the Herald Sun salivates over putting the scary black guy on the front page at every opportunity.

Same as how western suburbs cops couldn't wait to stick a rape charge on the big scary looking Sudanese dude Majak Daw.
Xander was the first to break the story, his old man was booted from Collingwood and the afl for being a racist, geez conformation bias against an aboriginal kid couldn’t be a thing for kid McGuire could it?

My point is that news outlets are using phrases that suggest physical attacks, when none of the accusations say this.

In no way am I condoning any sort of abusive or coercive behaviour, I just think it's pretty s**t to be deliberately ambiguous to make a story more sensational.

Yes, this.

just on the idea of throwing something NOT technically aimed at the victim but near them, and NOT AT ALL whether TT did it or not, it is extremely common for this to be a precurser to violence that is actually physically aimed at the victim because it's intended as indication of what could be possible. As in, today im just throwing things, then throwing things near you, then throwing things at you. It is one of the redest of red flags for escalation of domestic violence.

Xander was the first to break the story, his old man was booted from Collingwood and the afl for being a racist, geez conformation bias against an aboriginal kid couldn’t be a thing for kid McGuire could it?

Yeah, that irony not lost on me.

During the whole Lindsay Thomas debacle I used to note that there's two kids of blackfullas in the AFL: scary guys and nice guys.

Daniel Wells was a classic nice non scary indigenous player ... hence he was a wizard capable of magic, albeit lazy and never worked hard enough

Lindsay Thomas is the scary looking type of indigenous player - he reminds white society an unconscious level that we had to fight an ugly war of extermination against guys looking exactly like him to get this land ... thus he's a thug, cheat, mentally unstable etc.

Tarryn started as the first type due to his emotional immaturity ... and didn't the lazy/doesn't work hard enough calls flow, on air and all ... but now he's grown into a big scary tattooed adult who mouthes off about how much he makes ... he's a violent thug etc etc.

Threatening and abusive texts are not ok.
Throwing a lamp against a wall is not ok.

A news broadcast that says "Tarryn Thomas is facing more Domestic Violence accusations..." paints a much uglier picture though.

The whole thing is pretty revolting.
Went on X for the first time in about a year. I hardly ever go on X or most of the social media apps. One of the firsts things I read is a guy tweeting "TT repeatedly beats women..". WTF? Are you allowed to tweet anything you want on these social media apps without any repercussions?

I don't want to get into making any judgements one way of another, because I simply have no idea what might or might not have occurred here.

However, an interesting corollary to this might be that after meeting with the AFL, that august body, in its infinite wisdom, irrespective of whatever evidence emerges, suspends him for say 12 weeks, rules that he most undertake another appropriate behavioural course, that he cannot return to play at North Melbourne, however, agrees to him being able to be traded in the next trade period.

Shortly thereafter, maybe, just maybe the AFL, again in their infinite wisdom, announce the introduction of a mid year trade period, say in June and lo and behold, the NMFC is able to do a trade with the GC.

How amazing would that be for the GC to have a disciplined, fit, Tarryn Thomas, playing his best football as the GC makes its first ever finals appearance?

Nah. It couldn't happen. Its the AFL. They wouldn't do that would they?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he's screwed up, then he should be gone, no excuses. I expected him to go last year FWIW.

But gee, if she has overcooked her story, and he has nothing to answer for while dragging his name through the mud again, she's just sent the #metoo movement backwards, and probably deserves to be slapped
WTF Rod?

NO!

I don't want to get into making any judgements one way of another, because I simply have no idea what might or might not have occurred here.

However, an interesting corollary to this might be that after meeting with the AFL, that august body, in its infinite wisdom, irrespective of whatever evidence emerges, suspends him for say 12 weeks, rules that he most undertake another appropriate behavioural course, that he cannot return to play at North Melbourne, however, agrees to him being able to be traded in the next trade period.

Shortly thereafter, maybe, just maybe the AFL, again in their infinite wisdom, announce the introduction of a mid year trade period, say in June and lo and behold, the NMFC is able to do a trade with the GC.

How amazing would that be for the GC to have a disciplined, fit, Tarryn Thomas, playing his best football as the GC makes its first ever finals appearance?

Nah. It couldn't happen. Its the AFL. They wouldn't do that would they?

They cannot do that.

just on the idea of throwing something NOT technically aimed at the victim but near them, and NOT AT ALL whether TT did it or not, it is extremely common for this to be a precurser to violence that is actually physically aimed at the victim because it's intended as indication of what could be possible. As in, today im just throwing things, then throwing things near you, then throwing things at you. It is one of the redest of red flags for escalation of domestic violence.

Yes, agree on all.

IF this latest thing is overblown and he’s free to continue his career, if I were him I’d be requesting a trade to either swans or giants at the end of the year.

No one will give a s**t about him in Sydney.

Plus his family are there

No they aren't, not sure where this myth has evolved from.

He HAD family there, he moved to Tasmania largely to get away from that (as others have noted, he's got a bro in jail)

After his Nan died - which appears to have kicked off his going off the rails - I think its fair to say Tarryn doesn't have any family he can rely on or trust.

The footy club is the most stable influence in his life as an adult, and even then we've had 17 coaches in his time with us.

No they aren't, not sure where this myth has evolved from.

He HAD family there, he moved to Tasmania largely to get away from that (as others have noted, he's got a bro in jail)

After his Nan died - which appears to have kicked off his going off the rails - I think its fair to say Tarryn doesn't have any family he can rely on or trust.

The footy club is the most stable influence in his life as an adult, and even then we've had 17 coaches in his time with us.

Well I stand to be corrected but he spends lots of time in Sydney with “family”. He was at his sisters bday the other day, im not sure if that’s in Tassie or Sydney. And I thought, again, could be wrong but his mum moved from Tassie to Sydney recently?

I know this guys a flog, but went onto his socials and saw he’s now Black & Native American?

I thought he was a proud aboriginal & now he’s claiming to be African American?
All Thomas ever has cared about is his social media & wants to be an Australian Chris Brown. If he continues this behaviour he’ll be on MAFS or im a celebrity come 2025.

These allegations should be going to police but where there’s smoke theirs fire.
Hopefully he’s done with that psycho mother, & pulls his ******* head in. he himself is a kid & should not be raising kids because their father is a deadbeat. It’s disgusting.

Attachments

• IMG_1524.jpeg
    IMG_1524.jpeg
    114.1 KB · Views: 214
Why go to the AFL? This is the component that doesn’t make sense? Victims should be going to the police, not one’s employer.
yeah. Its sus as imo.

Unless they've gone to the cops as well but as people have mentioned Vic cops leak alot and would leak this imo.

Well I stand to be corrected but he spends lots of time in Sydney with “family”.

Yeah, he's got family there, doesn't mean they're in a position to help him in the way folks think.

He was at his sisters bday the other day, im not sure if that’s in Tassie or Sydney. And I thought, again, could be wrong but his mum moved from Tassie to Sydney recently?

Tbh this is a bit stalkery, the thing I know for certain is that as The acurate one has alluded to before, his upbringing was horrific.

And the reality is we've been involved in his life for close to a decade now,

We have a responsibility to him and ourselves.

If we just cut him loose and put him in the too hard basket, it says a lot about us too imo.

Yeah, he's got family there, doesn't mean they're in a position to help him in the way folks think.

Tbh this is a bit stalkery, the thing I know for certain is that as The acurate one has alluded to before, his upbringing was horrific.

And the reality is we've been involved in his life for close to a decade now,

We have a responsibility to him and ourselves.

If we just cut him loose and put him in the too hard basket, it says a lot about us too imo.

What do you mean “it’s a bit stalkery”?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back