Past #26: Tarryn Thomas [Part II] - will honor his contract and play on at NMFC in 2024, so says the reality TV manager

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why I’m holding judgement. I’ve had a crazy ex stalk me after I broke up with her, she turned up at my parents house, rang me at least 50 times a day, couldn’t turn my phone on (pre smartphone days), found out where I was once and laid down behind my car so I couldn’t leave….that went on for months. Then she found out I started seeing someone else, rang my work and told them that I was stealing from them and had the stuff in my garage, I didn’t and told my director to go check. She made up lies about what I had done and threatened to get my new partner bashed. Then she took an intervention order out against me (even though I never wanted anything to do with the campaigner again), but I went to court with all the evidence against her because I didn’t want that stink on me, i had heaps of evidence of what she had done, the magistrate didn’t even take it into consideration and granted the Intervention order.

I do get it because women are far more vulnerable to DV so they get the benefit of the doubt, which I support if it saves lives. Though it is one area that equal opportunity doesn’t get a look in.
DV aside, horrible stuff…

But do you have her number? Asking for a friend

Around 44% of lesbian and 61% of bisexual women have experienced forms of rape and physical violence by an intimate partner as compared to 35% of straight women. 26% of gay men and 37% of bisexual men have experienced forms of rape and physical violence by an intimate partner compared to 29% of straight men.

Don’t ask me where these stats come from. It’s just the first ones which pop up on google. It’s pretty unanimous though, that lesbians experience more dv than straight women. The real kicker is gay men experience the least amount.

Anyway, you probably asking what the hell has this got to do with Tarryn? Probably nothing, I just find it interesting how it debunks the abusive male stereotype and that you must believe women because they are frail and innocent.

Around 44% of lesbian and 61% of bisexual women have experienced forms of rape and physical violence by an intimate partner as compared to 35% of straight women. 26% of gay men and 37% of bisexual men have experienced forms of rape and physical violence by an intimate partner compared to 29% of straight men.

Don’t ask me where these stats come from. It’s just the first ones which pop up on google. It’s pretty unanimous though, that lesbians experience more dv than straight women. The real kicker is gay men experience the least amount.

Anyway, you probably asking what the hell has this got to do with Tarryn? Probably nothing, I just find it interesting how it debunks the abusive male stereotype and you must believe women because they are frail and innocent.

Nah mate, almost every week a woman is murdered by a man they were in a relationship with.

I can’t recall the last time I heard of a gay woman killing her partner.

Anyway, you probably asking what the hell has this got to do with Tarryn? Probably nothing, I just find it interesting how it debunks the abusive male stereotype and that you must believe women because they are frail and innocent.
It does not debunk s**t when you consider that the abuse came from men before they entered into same sex relationships.

Scared Homer Simpson GIF by reactionseditor

So you are saying those stats are wrong?

We’re getting pretty far off the tt topic here. Partly my fault.

No I’m just saying that DV has a very, very broad spectrum nowadays, and while the stats you shared might be correct, I honestly can’t remember anything about a woman murdering her female partner, though it’s in the news almost every week that a man has murdered his partner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I’ve opened up a can of worms haven’t I?

I could counter some of the reply’s with some basic logic but it’s not worth the s**t show that will ensue. I’m quite happy for the mods to delete my post.
you posted some stats you didn't know the veracity or strength of at all and drew concrete conclusions, i shudder to think what "basic logic" would be following that.

We can only judge this from the outside looking in so all of this doesn't mean much, but I feel like a dimension that doesn't get talked about enough with Tarryn's situation is his exes seem to be many years older than he is. The main one who keeps putting herself forward in the media is 6 years older than him. When did they start seeing each other? Was she a 25 year old dating a 19 year old? I'm sorry but if there's no physical dimension to abuse in a relationship (which all evidence indicates there wasn't), the actual power imbalance is probably that one. Many years more experience and independence on top of how Tarryn seems to have had an unstable upbringing (common among abuse victims as it makes them easier to take advantage of). No one seems to want to consider that Tarryn might be the victim of abuse himself, probably because to the wider public he's just a big scary black man and they have an over-simplified idea of what abusive relationships look like i.e. physical abuse is the only real abuse and women can only be victims.

Obviously any accusation of domestic violence and abuse needs to be investigated because it's a massive problem and most people who come forward about it are telling the truth, and it's hard to talk about this without seeming to downplay that, but I just don't think anyone in the wider public has grounds to assume he's a domestic violence perpetrator based on what we know. It feels like people just want to assume he's guilty because he's black and he likes talking like a gangsta on instagram.

Last edited:
From afar he he comes across as a 14yo kid in a 24yo man’s body with plenty of cash in his pocket and a degree of profile. It’s not a great mix.

As far as his family situation goes, my neighbour is a golfing buddy of Funky Carl. Funky was CEO at the time we drafted TT. I know no specifics apart from it’s a ****ed up situation.

From afar he he comes across as a 14yo kid in a 24yo man’s body with plenty of cash in his pocket and a degree of profile. It’s not a great mix.

As far as his family situation goes, my neighbour is a golfing buddy of Funky Carl. Funky was CEO at the time we drafted TT. I know no specifics apart from it’s a ****ed up situation.
12.png

Can we halt the mental gymnastics and the LGBT domestic violence stats and just see where it goes, for crying out loud. If you guys are anything like me, you're sick of the scandals. Well guess what. Wherever this bloke walks, scandals follow. He's the common link. Careless driving, awful text threats, intimidation ('your time will come' is intimidation, I'm sorry), online goading. And now whatever this is. Barely any peace in the Tarryn camp since 2022.

Surely it's at the point where we all shut up about why this latest s**t stain might hypothetically not have come from his a-hole. Cos frankly the bloke hasn't behaved in a way that justifies all of the mental gymnastics that have been performed in defending him. I'm the first to admit I got caught up in his redemption story but Jesus Christ, if you actually look at his trail of destruction, it's obvious the guy is a clown at best, a dickhead at worst. If Charlie lazzaro had behaved in this way he'd have been off the list after the image distribution charges came out.

We'll get out of the football wilderness with or without this bloke's help. Can we just avoid this unsavoury territory of exchanging moral compasses for football talent and let he, the league, the club, his legal representatives, and the police if necessary, work it out. This thread is leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

We can only judge this from the outside looking in so all of this doesn't mean much, but I feel like a dimension that doesn't get talked about enough with Tarryn's situation is his exes seem to be many years older than he is. The main one who keeps putting herself forward in the media is 6 years older than him. When did they start seeing each other? Was she a 25 year old dating a 19 year old? I'm sorry but if there's no physical dimension to abuse in a relationship (which all evidence indicates there wasn't), the actual power imbalance is probably that one.

Yeah, this bit, its just weird.

I'm the first to admit I got caught up in his redemption story but Jesus Christ, if you actually look at his trail of destruction, i

LOLOLOLOLOL.

Trail of destruction?

FFS, settle.

Has he involved other players in this stuff?

No.

Did he come back and play good footy when he was un-stood down? Yes, he was back quickly and quickly shifted into high gear.

Trail of destruction heck me dead kiddo, you must be knee high to a grasshopper and not remember what a certain W. Carey did to the club.

We can only judge this from the outside looking in so all of this doesn't mean much, but I feel like a dimension that doesn't get talked about enough with Tarryn's situation is his exes seem to be many years older than he is. The main one who keeps putting herself forward in the media is 6 years older than him. When did they start seeing each other? Was she a 25 year old dating a 19 year old? I'm sorry but if there's no physical dimension to abuse in a relationship (which all evidence indicates there wasn't), the actual power imbalance is probably that one. Many years more experience and independence on top of how Tarryn seems to have had an unstable upbringing (common among abuse victims as it makes them easier to take advantage of). No one seems to want to consider that Tarryn might be the victim of abuse himself, probably because to the wider public he's just a big scary black man and they have an over-simplified idea of what abusive relationships look like i.e. physical abuse is the only real abuse and women can only be victims.

Obviously any accusation of domenstic violence and abuse needs to be investigated because it's a massive problem and most people who come forward about it are telling the truth, and it's hard to talk about this without seeming to downplay that, but I just don't think anyone in the wider public has grounds to assume he's a domestic violence perpetrator based on what we know. It feels like people just want to assume he's guilty because he's black and he likes talking like a gangsta on instagram.

Certainly, if Tarryn has done the wrong thing in this instance, then I am comfortable if the club chooses to invoke the previously issued "last chance" threat. And certainly, domestic violence needs to be prosecuted regardless of the circumstances of the perpetrator's upbringing or any other extenuating factors (outside of self-defence).

Nevertheless, there is evidence that Tarryn himself has been a victim of domestic abuse in the past. There was the instance of the car backing over his foot, though I don't know if we ever established whether that was entirely accidental. But also, in at least one of the instances where he reacted poorly resulting in legal troubles, he was heavily provoked by some demands from an ex which could be categorised as emotional abuse. Again, this does not justify his response, although I think it may have been taken into account in his defence.

Funny thing I was thinking should TT not be imprisoned and there is a good chance he won’t be spending ten years in H Division.
Now again I’m ok with whatever happens so no ego in this one for me. He shits me and always has.

But I do get a bit defensive when the likes of Corn who is part of the Horne Corn Francis family suggest he should be sacked.

Would Horn Corn Francis on arrival at his fav eatery and noticing TT cleaning the shitters demand he was sacked. Or same for the plethora of posters on the main board and their fav eatery KFC most likely fwiw.

heck no is the answer. I’m confident the club will do what is right by all those involved, whatever that looks like.

Oh well .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back