Traded 25. Zac Fisher

Remove this Banner Ad

I liked Fish, can play. Surprised he isn't a part of our future plans. Think we are chasing bigger bodies, they win finals.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Thanks Fish. We were bound to lose some half decent players eventually. Luckily it was after he had drifted from best 22, but after playing some really good games in an unfamiliar role.

I had hopes of him becoming a Wingard type high HF who could rotate through the middle and get 20 disposals and 1-2 goals a game.
He almost got there a few times. First half of 2018 and first half of 2019, but just didn't seem to be able to sustain it.
Then in 2022, he looked like he might have turned a corner. First 10 games he averaged 18.4 disposals and 1.1 goals. Ending up with 18.9 disposals and just under a goal a game for the season, playing every game.

Then we come to this year. Managed 8 games in the first 12 rounds, then fell out of favour, returning for the last 4 games of the H&A season, playing some exciting footy in an unfamiliar half back role, before being dropped for finals.

Best of luck at North except, of course, against us.

Shame that fish left as soon as he needed to fight for his spot back into the team. Not the attitude I thought he had. Going to definitely throw some shade his way when we go up against north. Had some good moments for us though. Peace out ✌️

I know you copped a lot of dislikes for this, but I have to admit that the thought did occur to me too. This is the first time he has seriously been challenged to work for his spot. I would have liked to see him put his head down and say 'I'll fight for this', but such are the opportunities available out there at the moment, it's easy to swoop in and grab these players. I guess we can say the same about Elijah Hollands when he comes to us.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks Fish, been a fan of his from the beginning, a player who has some exciting and unique skills who unfortunately couldn’t quite put it all together, hopefully he can make a good career of it at the roos…

Always remember the game of the double spin turn balks and the crab tackle to bring down Dusty 👍

I was critical of him this year, because I expected more from him in terms of fighting for his spot on the side. He let his head drop to easily when we had that bad run and he let it affect his form.

I wish him all the best at Norf.

Not sure who at Norf is driving this trade but good luck Zac. Maybe Alistair Sniperson has a plan for you.

P.S if you have a poor game don’t turn your back on him.

I know you copped a lot of dislikes for this, but I have to admit that the thought did occur to me too. This is the first time he has seriously been challenged to work for his spot. I would have liked to see him put his head down and say 'I'll fight for this', but such is the opportunities available out there at the moment, it's easy to swoop in and grab these players. I guess we can say the same about Elijah Hollands when he comes to us.
I don’t mind the dislikes, we’re here for discourse and it’s just how I view this situation. No doubt north did a good job selling him an idea and it isn’t hard to jump ship when clarko is knocking on your door. He’s also got a few mates over there so I understand the decision.

I don’t mind the dislikes, we’re here for discourse and it’s just how I view this situation. No doubt north did a good job selling him an idea and it isn’t hard to jump ship when clarko is knocking on your door. He’s also got a few mates over there so I understand the decision.
I think it’s more likely he was given a nudge by the club

go well fish. flourished a bit more under the previous coaches and the trajectory tapered off ever so slightly under voss. has a few tricks in his bag, could well see the best of him at north.

I know you copped a lot of dislikes for this, but I have to admit that the thought did occur to me too. This is the first time he has seriously been challenged to work for his spot. I would have liked to see him put his head down and say 'I'll fight for this', but such are the opportunities available out there at the moment, it's easy to swoop in and grab these players. I guess we can say the same about Elijah Hollands when he comes to us.

Agree with most. Not sure about that last sentence. Elijah isn't in the position of fighting for a spot in a team that finished 3rd... sure GC are on the rise and should be contending for a spot in the finals next year, but they're still a few years away from being flag contenders.

Coming to us should be seen as not only wanting to come home, but also wanting to give himself a shot at playing for a flag.

Going to a team that has hardly won a game in North while still contracted to a contender otoh... look at the end of the day, it's obviously his decision but clearly he's not chasing success. Want more game time in a specific position in a team that's going to be contending for the flag... then earn it or leave. He chose the latter, good luck to him.

I disagree, I think his management had a big say in this decision. 5 year deal on the table. I’d be pushing for him to take that in a heartbeat. Happy to get my 15% for a further 3 years…
Now you're having a bit each way it seems.....

Agree with most. Not sure about that last sentence. Elijah isn't in the position of fighting for a spot in a team that finished 3rd... sure GC are on the rise and should be contending for a spot in the finals next year, but they're still a few years away from being flag contenders.

Coming to us should be seen as not only wanting to come home, but also wanting to give himself a shot at playing for a flag.

Going to a team that has hardly won a game in North while still contracted to a contender otoh... look at the end of the day, it's obviously his decision but clearly he's not chasing success. Want more game time in a specific position in a team that's going to be contending for the flag... then earn it or leave. He chose the latter, good luck to him.

Agreed that Hollands is different in that he is coming home to play with his brother. I'm just trying to be fair on Fisher by throwing a name up there.

Now you're having a bit each way it seems.....

Maybe not. Fish leaving rather than fighting for his spot and his management encouraging him to chase the contract and playing time ... same side of the coin really.

The other side is Carlton nudging him out the door.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back