Traded 25. Zac Fisher

Remove this Banner Ad

100 games, name on the #25 locker alongside some of the greats of our club. Great effort, congrats Fish.

A pre-draft favourite of mine, not the player he promised to be early on, but here's hoping he can have an impact in a win tonight.

Congrats Fish.

I call ‘em as I see ‘em, I have sung your praises as well as unloading on your flaky times. A long way to go mate, but you have the tools and a decent number of credits in the bank. Would like a more consistent work rate on a weekly basis before I consider you a long term fixture in an improving team. Just sayin’…

Held off saying what I thought before his hundredth but it's clear that he's a player who can't make a difference, can't stick a tackle and can't give advantage to a teammate with disposal.

In a dominant team where he finds an acre of space he can look good but you can say the same about most AFL players.

Really has become whipping boy. Didn't play well, but how many did, and again far from our worst

But, I am sure a VFL standard player is so much better and will dominate at AFL level and can't wait for the constant injury prone to go past him, like they have for the past 7 years
Went missing two weeks ago as well.
Absolutely squibbed it last night.
He has ability when it's easy.

Last edited:
He’s had a poor season aside from the 2nd half last week. And it’s a role we desperately need to get right. If he can’t make the improvement in the firsts don’t see anything wrong with playing him in the VFL to find his mojo and at the same time give an opportunity to a well deserving player in the seconds.

Not giving up on Fisher though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just bizarre he seems to get targeted every week, like his the worst player

One week it's based on stats, when we can't make a case on stats, it's the eye
It’s because he can’t lay a tackle. I’m clearly not a fan but I think it’s because he thinks his A grade but he is actually C grade.

I think you'll find I've been a supporter of his over the years.
I'm not discounting how many others failed last night or that he's played good games, but two weeks ago when it got tough he disappeared and last night, not only did he not get it often, he avoided contests.

They brought finals pressure and he (and a few others) just couldn't handle it.

He can lay a hundred tackles... no point if none of them stick...

He's just a dumb footballer. Panics too much, fumbles too much and his decision making lacks logic. He has no presence about him whatsoever.

His impact on games has been far more negative than positive. Pointing the finger at other players who had bad games is for the thread relative to those players. This thread is about Fisher and if anyone really has a positive outlook on him based on what we've seen they're delusional.

He just hasn't improved. His output in his seventh season so far has not been much different from his second season. I just can't see what kind of player he can be to help us move forward. He's got pace, but he doesn't cause damage when he has the football, he doesn't hit the scoreboard and he doesn't have the physicality to pressure the opposition when he doesn't have the ball. I don't care about this "pressure acts" stat.. what a load of rubbish. Opposition players couldn't give a stuff if he's "applying pressure" because they know they'll just swat him away like a mosquito anyway.

He would not fetch any higher than a 4th round pick at the trade table. Should tell you all you need to know about how he's progressed.

In your opinion do you think he has lived up to expectations since he arrived?
And like i said in my previous post he's not on his own.

Last edited:

He's in his seventh season and we're still making excuses. He's a first choice HFF who makes no impact on the game.

Not our worst player but his standards are not good enough from a relatively senior player.

He offers what SPS did off halfback, a bare minimum AFL performance.

Just bizarre he seems to get targeted every week, like he is the worst player

Fisher has been terrible for 5 weeks. He is in our bottom couple of the establishedvplayers this season. It is just a fact and does the coach want to send a message or reward mediocrity

It’s because he can’t lay a tackle. I’m clearly not a fan but I think it’s because he thinks his A grade but he is actually C grade.
Again, what was half the team doing when it comes to tackles, contested ball and pressure
I think you'll find I've been a supporter of his over the years.
I'm not discounting how many others failed last night or that he's played good games, but two weeks ago when it got tough he disappeared and last night, not only did he not get it often, he avoided contests.

They brought finals pressure and he (and a few others) just couldn't handle it.
"A few others", seems we have forgotten their names

We even had some peanut tell us the only reason he kicked a goal against the Cats was due to a joe the goose, fmd

Fisher hasn't been as good as last year, but is far from our worst

Need to probably take a look back but I wonder if the oppo is actually putting time into fisher this year because he was one of a few players getting anywhere near 20 disposals and a goal last season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back