Traded 25. Zac Fisher

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe not. Fish leaving rather than fighting for his spot and his management encouraging him to chase the contract and playing time ... same side of the coin really.

The other side is Carlton nudging him out the door.

It's not that unusual though, many players look for security when considering Fisher's situation at the club

It's not that unusual though, many players look for security when considering Fisher's situation at the club

It's not unusual at all. The fact remains he opted to leave as soon as his place in the 22 was no longer guaranteed. The original contention is true, whether commonplace these days or not.

It's not unusual at all. The fact remains he opted to leave as soon as his place in the 22 was no longer guaranteed. The original contention is true, whether commonplace these days or not.

And I don't begrudge him making that decision, I think it's a smart career move, just like Dow choosing a 3 year deal over 1

I get the feeling that people see it as a negative or degrading the player for making a positive career move

And I don't begrudge him making that decision, I think it's a smart career move, just like Dow choosing a 3 year deal over 1

I get the feeling that people see it as a negative or degrading the player for making a positive career move

I think this is becoming circular. You can appreciate his reasoning and think it's a smart move, and simultaneously hold a view that he didn't want to or think he could fight to get his place back.

We don't need to fit everything into a tidy little box with 100% positivity. There's room for questions.

This is Fishers life, I would 100% take financial security, he 100% made the correct call and he can still work hard at his back half craft. He showed plenty across the back half and North Melbourne will potentially get a nice cheap deal and a replacement for Hall.
Reckon he found his niche playing across half back during the 2nd half of the season. I was really critical of him earlier in the year, particularly after the StK game where his lack of chase and work ethic stood out like dog's balls - and was subsequently dropped to the magoo's. The half back role seems much more suitable for him - makes him more accountable for his opponent, and can use his disposal more creatively.

I wish him all the best, and hope he goes on to win a B&F in a wooden spoon side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think this is becoming circular. You can appreciate his reasoning and think it's a smart move, and simultaneously hold a view that he didn't want to or think he could fight to get his place back.

We don't need to fit everything into a tidy little box with 100% positivity. There's room for questions.

That's true, but for me it's a positive outcome for all parties

Fisher gets more game time and better financial security, club frees up a list spot and salary for a player deemed as depth

The majority of players that leave a strong side for a rebuilding club is generally for greater financial security

Not to mention the security of having a contract to the age of 29. No brainer really.

It is a no brainer. I'm not sure he had the capacity to elevate to another level in our side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back