AFL Player #24: Nick Bryan

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm honestly coming around to Goldy if no one else of great value is available.

Let's say 18-20 games for Draper, 16-18 for Bryan (accounting for rest/injuries/etc. for both) - and Goldy to fill in the rest, as well as bringing in leadership/being a semi ruck coach.

He'd have options around to be in a sides best 22 - including his own clubs for another year. Don't see it happening & not keen to play him over Draper & Bryan

I'm honestly coming around to Goldy if no one else of great value is available.

Let's say 18-20 games for Draper, 16-18 for Bryan (accounting for rest/injuries/etc. for both) - and Goldy to fill in the rest, as well as bringing in leadership/being a semi ruck coach.
I understand the sentiment (if Goldy was willing to accept a VLF/back-up role) but I reckon we want leaders from clubs that have actually achieved success

I understand the sentiment (if Goldy was willing to accept a VLF/back-up role) but I reckon we want leaders from clubs that have actually achieved success

I agree in general, but Goldy is inside the best handful of ruckmen over the last 20 years and has been a consistently high level player. Would be very good as a ruck coach IMO.

Goldy will not come to play VFL and ruck coach. He wants to play. He could stay at North to do that and they have an offer in front of him.

Goldy will not come to play VFL and ruck coach. He wants to play. He could stay at North to do that and they have an offer in front of him.

I think it's entirely based on those rumors that are probably 0.01% chance of occurring - being Darcy to North.

I'm not really fussed one way or the other - he's been an absolute jet and sounds like a good leader. He hasn't had the ultimate success, but he averaged 15d/4m/44ho in their Prelim year.

As others have said, he probably stays at North anyway.

Who would you be targeting for that position..? It's quite niche - an older ruck who's a good leader that has had success and is not wanted by his current team - and is going to be happy playing with/behind Draper and Bryan.

He'd have options around to be in a sides best 22 - including his own clubs for another year. Don't see it happening & not keen to play him over Draper & Bryan

It all came about (at least from what I read) in the same article that suggested North were trying to woo Darcy from Freo. I'm assuming in the extremely likely situation they don't get Darcy, Goldstein stays exactly where he is.

I think it's entirely based on those rumors that are probably 0.01% chance of occurring - being Darcy to North.
Todays news on Darcy is he is set to sign again with Fremantle. :cool:

Who would you be targeting for that position..? It's quite niche - an older ruck who's a good leader that has had success and is not wanted by his current team - and is going to be happy playing with/behind Draper and Bryan.

Can’t possibly do better than Phillips in that role.

Dare say the only way Goldstein even picks up our phone call is if we offer an extra playing year than what North is willing to offer and a coaching component as well, and we don’t even know if he’s interested in that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It all came about (at least from what I read) in the same article that suggested North were trying to woo Darcy from Freo. I'm assuming in the extremely likely situation they don't get Darcy, Goldstein stays exactly where he is.
According to Damian Barrett, Goldy is likely to play elsewhere in 2023. It's still a no for me, but I could see it happening because of his relationship with Scott.

Can’t possibly do better than Phillips in that role.

Dare say the only way Goldstein even picks up our phone call is if we offer an extra playing year than what North is willing to offer and a coaching component as well, and we don’t even know if he’s interested in that.

you're probably right. Is anyone giving him 2 years? Would make him 37 by the end of the contract.

At least he can still get miles into the legs, however it'll be rather difficult to lift.

Must be some break to be 8-10 weeks out.

Hands can be quite complex; immobilising it to let the break heal, then rebuilding strength, flexiibility and dexterity can take a lot longer than other parts of the body, especially I'd think for a ruckman's dominant hand they're tapping down with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back