AFL Player #24: Nick Bryan

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to see we got this one done as it sounds like a few clubs were definitely sniffing.
Having a few senior games and Phillips retiring probably the clincher.

Good re-signing. A ruckman that can actually hold a mark.

A bit more size and he is the perfect compliment to Draper as they have very different skillsets. He is our Tim English, who was a skinny kid too!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really good choice. Hopefully he can get a little bigger to compete against the big boys. Offers something different to Draper.

I’m a fan and hope he can translate it into a solid AFL career as an Essendon premiership player.

I like Bryan and think he has plenty of potential but the English comparisons fall over pretty quickly when you compare each players marking ability. English was always an excellent mark and Bryan doesn’t even do that well overhead in the VFL.

Waynes World Yes GIF

I like Bryan and think he has plenty of potential but the English comparisons fall over pretty quickly when you compare each players marking ability. English was always an excellent mark and Bryan doesn’t even do that well overhead in the VFL.
Not a great mark but I think he competes and gets hands to more contests than our other forwards/ruckman or options down the line.

Not sure hel ever have good hands but at AFL level he seemed to awkwardly get a hand to the contest at least.

Given the apparent interest in him from other clubs you would assume he has been given a strong indication from the coach that he is set to play more seniors moving forward.

I don't mind us recruiting some senior ruck depth but it should not be at the expense of Bryan getting games. It's time for he & Draper to work on becoming one of the better ruck/forward duos in the league.

Probably the guy I was most keen to see sign up.

Entering his fifth pre-season, just about to turn 22 - isn't a kid anymore. Time to see what he's got.
He is still 2 years away from being the player he can be . He is still a kid when it comes to rucks .

Given the apparent interest in him from other clubs you would assume he has been given a strong indication from the coach that he is set to play more seniors moving forward.

I don't mind us recruiting some senior ruck depth but it should not be at the expense of Bryan getting games. It's time for he & Draper to work on becoming one of the better ruck/forward duos in the league.

I'm honestly coming around to Goldy if no one else of great value is available.

Let's say 18-20 games for Draper, 16-18 for Bryan (accounting for rest/injuries/etc. for both) - and Goldy to fill in the rest, as well as bringing in leadership/being a semi ruck coach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back