Preview Round 7: Essendon vs Collingwood, MCG, Anzac Day, 25/04/24 @ 3:20 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simply have to drop Draper to the 2's.

The talks of moving Jones to the wing would be a complete inhibitor to his momentum. You might as well just drop Harry at that point.

When it comes to form and who deserves to play, Draper deserves it the least. So to have any selection integrity, he simply must be dropped to make way for Wright.

But will the club do it though? Doubt it has the balls.
Not sure why you are asking given Scott has already said he will not be dropped.
He should be but it has already been ruled out.

Not sure why you are asking given Scott has already said he will not be dropped.
He should be but it has already been ruled out.

I think it's still a chance. Could be ego-padding for a late "got a bit of a niggle/up for managed minutes" call. If you assure the spot first it makes a late drop look less performance-based/messes with the Pies. Wouldn't take that word as gospel. Especially considering it makes absolutely no sense in the grand scheme of who's deserved it and who's coming in. The hand is basically forced at that point.

Can only assume the resting ruck will spend a lot of, if not all, their minutes on the bench. Maybe give Wright a chop out as well when he needs a rest. Cannot have all three on ground at same time - recipe for disaster.

Feels like a wasted selection to me. I don’t really see the value.
I’m not a fan but guessing you’ve picked the nose out of this… it’s only a 2 talls forward line as 1 of Draper, Jones, 2MP and Goldie will be on the bench at most times.

My track watcher tells me McKay did not train today. No reason given as to why . Hopefully just resting.
I thought his RGO* was only scheduled for the F Carlton game… never plays against his twin.

* Rostered Game Off

I’m not a fan but guessing you’ve picked the nose out of this… it’s only a 2 talls forward line as 1 of Draper, Jones, 2MP and Goldie will be on the bench at most times.

Langford and stringer are down there as well. I think Langford probably gets up the ground a bit more, as opposed to atm spending fair bit of time as a defacto ff.

And stringer pinch hits for some cba.

Playing two ruckman plus Wright and Jones Seems destined to fail but will see how it goes.

Some interesting selections coming up.

Bryan, Hayes deserve games soon and laverde and rucks are struggling but then again we are 4-2 so think most changes will be forced/inj or minor hinds/tsatas until we are negative win/loss.

As in Scott hasn’t created pressure for him… unless I missed something. Hasn’t he just said that he’ll be playing?
Okay, I'm distinguishing between pressure coming from a private conversation between coach and player, and the pressure to perform that comes from making statements to the fanbase, because nuance is a thing.

Okay, I'm distinguishing between pressure coming from a private conversation between coach and player, and the pressure to perform that comes from making statements to the fanbase, because nuance is a thing.

You can see how that reads a bit confusing though, right?

You're saying Scott/the coaches have been turning the screws and let's see how Draper responds. Where are you getting this info from? Or are you just assuming?

Hey lads sorry to intrude with a fantasy question but clubs supporters always know best.

Will Caldwell hold his spot in the midfield with Shiel, Perkins etc coming back in?

Hes been playing brilliantly lately but his versatility might be his downfall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey lads sorry to intrude with a fantasy question but clubs supporters always know best.

Will Caldwell hold his spot in the midfield with Shiel, Perkins etc coming back in?

Hes been playing brilliantly lately but his versatility might be his downfall.

He's our run-with player. He was getting the job on the opppositions best mid until Durham started doing that lately. But still he gets a job every week on one of the oppositions best mids. And been doing it well, so I don't see him moving back to the forward line anytime soon.

Last edited:
Langford and stringer are down there as well. I think Langford probably gets up the ground a bit more, as opposed to atm spending fair bit of time as a defacto ff.

And stringer pinch hits for some cba.

Playing two ruckman plus Wright and Jones Seems destined to fail but will see how it goes.

Some interesting selections coming up.

Bryan, Hayes deserve games soon and laverde and rucks are struggling but then again we are 4-2 so think most changes will be forced/inj or minor hinds/tsatas until we are negative win/loss.
Playing tall can work, Cats do but you need to have good kicking efficiency to pinpoint talls to your advantage. What worries me is Pies could absolutely swoop on groundballs if our kicking % is down or we turn the ball over.

Playing tall can work, Cats do but you need to have good kicking efficiency to pinpoint talls to your advantage. What worries me is Pies could absolutely swoop on groundballs if our kicking % is down or we turn the ball over.

Cats is pretty much 2 tall / medium / small isn't it?

Hawkins + Cameron
Henry + Ollie Dempsey
Stengle + Miers + Close to round out the crew

If Holmes is down there he's a medium too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back