Under Age 2026 AFL Draft General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Dougie is still 16s this year - 35 possies and best first game of year for centrals - brother Tom best for u18s
Proud McKay cuz.
His cousins Harry & Ben - great examples :)

He's an absolute freaking gem is Dougie, one of the most naturally gifted footballers I have seen. Slim, but wiry and tall, super, super mobile and is absolutely desytroying Under 16's, he's way too good for that level. His upside is quite honestly ridiculous.

Dyson Sharp did similar last year, but quite different players. He's been heavily targeted in his first 2 Under 18 games this year which is no surprise. Lot of good talent coming through at the doggies (my club), both male and female!

He's an absolute freaking gem is Dougie, one of the most naturally gifted footballers I have seen. Slim, but wiry and tall, super, super mobile and is absolutely desytroying Under 16's, he's way too good for that level. His upside is quite honestly ridiculous.

Dyson Sharp did similar last year, but quite different players. He's been heavily targeted in his first 2 Under 18 games this year which is no surprise. Lot of good talent coming through at the doggies (my club), both male and female!
39 possessions on the weekend in a losing side :)

Quite a few over agers across the 3 zones, but the ones to watch:

Matt Owens
Tom Levi
Harry Thomson
Cooper Hodge
Baelin Phillips
Hamish McPherson
Jasper Rumney

(though I have seen very little of the Sunny Coast kids sorry, not sure why, but the names aren't familiar)

From the bottom agers (2027 draft) the standouts are Max Boothey and Archie Wilson

I'm lead to believe both Suns and Lions recently trimmed their u16 squads to groups less than 30.

2 of the 'names to watch' I have above apparently didn't make the cut, so I give up! One of them I reckon is the best player in that age group in QLD!

Great write up for Richmond f/s Jack Leys

Woodville-West Torrens defeated West Adelaide by 11 points in a tight affair at Hisense Stadium to record its first win of the SANFL U16 season.
Although the Eagles led for four quarters, the Bloods refused the back down as efficient goal-kicking kept them in the game.
Eagle forward Hunter Wellgreen’s three goals proved invaluable, as did midfielder Jack Leys’ 31 disposals and a goal.
Bloods defender Cameron Wildy finished with seven rebounds while Ryan McAulay managed 20 disposals and seven clearances.

Cody Walker BOG again for the Pioneers. 2nd BOG in a row, anyone know of any recorded stats for the game? PlayerHQ has stuff all

Which two?

Levi and Rumney. Both Aspley lads.

I can't see Tom Levi outside the best 3-4, let alone outside the best 30. Incredibly strange

I might have had my ages mixed up with Rumney, he might be 17 this year and getting picked as a 17 yr old in an u16 squad usually has lots of conditions attached, so perhaps he just didn't quite meet them all

he’s apart of the 2027 draft
Been watching the practice matches for wilston grange lately and i must say for the under 15s there’s a lot of potential. A kid by the name Hugh Burke kicked a bag one being from outside 50 and Oliver Morgan was tearing up the mids with the two Noah’s from the under 15 qld side last year, Sam dobbie also looks very handy in the ruck and down foward pretty sure he also played back in some of the lions academy games. Also I’m pretty sure rumney (2027 draft) moved to grange and is looking very handy on ball and up foward. At Aspley there’s a boy named Tim wren who took about a dozen tackles and looked like a lot of potential. Most of these boys will be at the National carnival this year for either under 16 or 15

th younger/smaller of the Noahs (Rafter I think) is not up to it. Classic QLD schoolboys selection by virtue of having his regional coach as the state coach. Rumney and Levi are very good players, mystery how they were cut from Lions. Never heard of the other kids yuou mention or seen anything to notice them.

Oliver Morgan will be one of the better players in the 2027 class for qld so will rumney both are in the met north team and close to making the academy as bottom ages. Pretty sure both Noah’s made the next cut for the lions aswell Cameron looked decent in the fowards at the national carnival but isn’t very accurate unless he improved this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WA state 16’s boys yesterday received their congratulatory email. Watch this space to see who has made it. From what I’ve heard at least half of the state 15’s school boys squad have been selected as well as both the underagers being Axel Walsh and Angus A.

Western Australia 2024 state 16's squad announced

2024 WA State 16's Academy Squad
Benji van RooyenClaremont
Damien NewryClaremont
Elijah DennisClaremontChrist Church Grammar
George GaleClaremontScotch College
Tom BrownClaremontScotch College
Kye OrmerodEast Fremantle
Joshua NathanEast FremantleWesley College
Cooper RamsayEast Fremantle
Dylan ConnellyEast Fremantle
Garrison KenhEast Perth
Axel WalshEast PerthTrinity College
Lachlan McGladeEast Perth
James BarnardEast Perth
James WhelanPeel Thunder
Mitchell StirlingPeel Thunder
Tazzi FaithfullPeel Thunder
Drew ClarkePeel Thunder
Austin LekiasPeel Thunder
McKenna PringlePeel Thunder
Jayden ClarkePerthScotch College
Lucas RobinsonSouth FremantleHale
Sam HookhamSouth Fremantle
Heath WilsonSouth Fremantle
Thatcher SimmonsSubiacoHale
Angus AbbonizioSubiacoHale
Corbin BoylsonSubiacoAquinas College
Harrison GilfordSubiaco
Antonio CrupiSubiaco
Jai DebonoSwan Districts
Leo SteedSwan DistrictsWesley College
Koby LeCrasWest PerthAquinas College
Samuel HillWest Perth
Luca BoczarWest Perth
Max BradburyWest Perth

Shocked Elijah Nathan didn't make it was AA in the u15's SSA championships and kicked 17 goals and in the best every week for South Fremantle in the Futures.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back