VFL 2024 Swans Reserves

Remove this Banner Ad

What is a scrimmage ?

It's a contemporary buzzword for unofficial matches players/coaches/clubs use to keep in practice. Can be intraclub, or interclub, or involve players from different clubs playing together in teams cobbled together from a mix. Rules about interchanges and bench size etc can vary from official matches.

Wicks needs to come back.

Need his forward pressure and he can snag a goal. Definitely best 22 and a point of difference as compared to our other options. Also takes the pressure off Paps and allows him to focus on kicking goals.
Rather Sam than Amartey at the moment.

Rather Sam than Amartey at the moment.
Horse is choosing a structure of three attacking talls, one attacking medium (Hayward) one defensive medium (Fox) one small (Papley) and a rotating midfielder. There's no room for Wicks in that structure.
You suggest he replace Amartey.
I suggest he replaces Fox and Hayward goes back to his old role.
Alternatively he picks one fewer midfielders.

It's a contemporary buzzword for unofficial matches players/coaches/clubs use to keep in practice. Can be intraclub, or interclub, or involve players from different clubs playing together in teams cobbled together from a mix. Rules about interchanges and bench size etc can vary from official matches.
buzzword , wank term

Language has always evolved. And English is enriched by influences not just from the yanks and the Brits but also from everywhere from Sanskrit to Finnish. Part of what makes English so special.

Language has always evolved. And English is enriched by influences not just from the yanks and the Brits but also from everywhere from Sanskrit to Finnish. Part of what makes English so special.
But a lot of it is a wank , like a HBF is now a quarterback , utility is now a swingman and don't get me started on that silly term talisman

Horse is choosing a structure of three attacking talls, one attacking medium (Hayward) one defensive medium (Fox) one small (Papley) and a rotating midfielder. There's no room for Wicks in that structure.
You suggest he replace Amartey.
I suggest he replaces Fox and Hayward goes back to his old role.
Alternatively he picks one fewer midfielders.
Yes I do understand that, I just think Amartey is giving us nothing at the moment. Personally I'd either give up on the three talls and play Wicks or if Longmire is so set on keeping that set up, replace Amartey with Reid.
Well at least till Reid gets injured again anyway :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing about the score or the Swans players.
GWS media team are probably the best in the business and our media team's performance has improved significantly this year, but if they are not approaching Truslove for a report then he should take on the responsibility and produce something off his own bat for them to publish.

It doesn't have to be any more in depth than the GWS report but it would be nice to get a bit of info and apart from anything else find out if Jack Buller magically re-appeared?

GWS media team are probably the best in the business and our media team's performance has improved significantly this year, but if they are not approaching Truslove for a report then he should take on the responsibility and produce something off his own bat for them to publish.

It doesn't have to be any more in depth than the GWS report but it would be nice to get a bit of info and apart from anything else find out if Jack Buller magically re-appeared?

Exactly.

Hopefully we get more ressie specific news as the season goes on.

Also really hoping swans heavily invest in our media team as it is massive for fan engagement which strengthens the club.

Just with GWS' team, you can see how much engagement they get with all supporters.

Need to be at the forefront of this.

Hopefully we get more ressie specific news as the season goes on.

Also really hoping swans heavily invest in our media team as it is massive for fan engagement which strengthens the club.

Just with GWS' team, you can see how much engagement they get with all supporters.

Need to be at the forefront of this.
Can we trade a future 1st for their social media person?

Can we trade a future 1st for their social media person?

Chuck me a decent wage and would aim to do the following ( with others involved...)

U18s boys and girls reviews
Ressie reviews
Game recaps
Weekly - day in the life of
Trade week from a swans POV (5 minute recap on the day, interviews with Beatson, chats with players managers)
Road to the draft
In depth interviews with the newbies
"Day in the life of" - players and key staff
Memes. All the damn memes
Kids kick - when a few of the boys have kick to kick with some primary school kids and interview one or two

So many things that would increase engagement...

Chuck me a decent wage and would aim to do the following ( with others involved...)

Ressie reviews
Game recaps
Trade week from a swans POV (5 minute recap on the day, interviews with Beatson, chats with players managers)
Road to the draft
Kids kick - when a few of the boys have kick to kick with some primary school kids and interview one or two

Yeah, but I've seen your posting. I want entertainment instead.

Last edited:

Ressie reviews
Game recaps
Road to the draft

You're hired!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back