Autopsy 2024 Rd 10 Pack up the tents, we're going home. Swans smash Blues.

Who played well for the Blues in Round 10 vs the Swans?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I disagree - we had options.

Moir could have played - simply could not have done any worse. Offers a legit 3rd target, Swans backline is ordinary.

Binns should have played.... would it have made a difference? See Moir....

Marchy picked - off the back of what? Talent shown years ago. Cowan had been very serviceable.

Voss and co not ones to learn from their mistakes seemingly....

Our injuries caught up with us - adding Weiters to that too.

Better now than September - but need to bust our asses to identify talent in MSD../..
With McKay and Curnow you’ve got the 2 best KPF in the comp. Swans back line ordinary? Conceded least points in the comp.

We're not an overly skilful side, but it's made much worse when everything we do is under pressure.

Less mucking around and trying to be cute, more shepherding for your man and upping the physicality. More actual playing as a team.
The lack of break away speed puts us in pressured situations more often, Warner is a great example of having the grunt to win the ball inside the contest and then has the speed to accelerate out of congestion which buys him more time to execute the skill or improve his decision making, he can also kick & handball the ball at a good level.

We just don’t have enough of these types, we are too one paced which also hurts our ability to chase, pressure & tackle and the lack skill compounds the problem.

Got to find 2 quicker options to support Cripps & Walsh and move past Hewett & Kennedy going forward.

Last edited:
I cant believe we beat them in centre clearances (39 - 35) - It looked like they dominated us in the middle...

We certainly didnt get many quality kicks/passes out of the middle.

We certainly miss Cerra's quality...
Just not enough hurt factor from our mids…… hack, dump, bomb, grubber kicks all over the place…..as well as ineffectual handballs & fumbles which take away advantage or momentum.

@ thegreatbeast

'Why are we replacing Cincotta?'

4 Disposals - 1 kick 3 HB 2 tackles ... on ground 92%

Depend whether you think ^ that is good enough. I don't. Accepting mediocrity is part of the problem at Carlton

Starting to think Cerra is as crucial to the midfield as Weitering is to our defence

He could have 0 disposals and still played his role. He was playing as a lockdown defender.

It was shocking and extremely hard to watch apart from our brilliant first 15 minutes, the perfect storm of unavailable players and others simply not good enough combined against a red-hot opposition was simply overwhelming.

This needs to be and will be our low water mark for this season .........

Fantasia SHOULD NEVER PLAY senior football for us again. Durdin is not up to it. Hewy had probably his worst game for us.
Marchbank selection a mystery. Ollie virtually no impact. TDK had a shocker, Charlie and Gov having multiple brain fades. Throw in the Weiters injury and it was simply a prick of a night. And how much did we miss Cotters run!

We will get back multiple quality players in the next few weeks thank goodness and we need to use last night to motivate us as a group going forward.

ALL IS NOT LOST........ First things first and bounce back hard against the Sunny Boys next week. NOT NEGOTIABLE!

GO BLUES, backs to the wall GUTS REQUIRED.

Injuries had caught up to us last night 15 is to big of a number 2/3 of injury list Russell and the team need to pull there finger out and get this right.
Soon as weitering went down last night the flood gates opened
Some weird coaching tactics as well which hurt.
Injuries don’t help but same players week in week out that don’t have a proper crack and aren’t at the level to much of a reliance on our stars . And that got found out last night when they didn’t perform to there high standards.
Williams
Fantasia
Kemp
Boyd
Ollie hollands
Corey durdin
Tom de koning

We looked tired and slow. Injuries taking a toll. Sydney were much faster, played at a higher intensity and we had no answers. As with playing better sides our holes showed. Lack of pace all around the ground and lack of natural forwards. No closing speed to defend and pressure or line breaking run. Fumbled a lot. Just weren't good enough last night.

Could it be that we were flat from last weeks slog as well on top of everything else.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Injuries had caught up to us last night 15 is to big of a number 2/3 of injury list Russell and the team need to pull there finger out and get this right.
Soon as weitering went down last night the flood gates opened
Some weird coaching tactics as well which hurt.
Injuries don’t help but same players week in week out that don’t have a proper crack and aren’t at the level to much of a reliance on our stars . And that got found out last night when they didn’t perform to there high standards.
Williams
Fantasia
Kemp
Boyd
Ollie hollands
Corey durdin
Tom de koning

Bit rough on Kemp and Boyd

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The swans shone a torch on our two biggest deficiencies last night:

(1) Player availability. Swans have 17 guys who have played all 10 games this year. We’ve got 10+ on the injury list every week. It is not sustainable. Look at how Geelong went with a few out, look at Richmond with their injury list. Until our club fixes this never ending issue, our ceiling is capped.

(2) Speed. Warner rang rings around us. The lizard would also be our quickest player. We need a couple of quick players who can break a line. We’re all inside and no outside, which is why ever game we play ends up a rock fight. It doesn’t help when Cottrell and Cerra who can at least cover the ground are out and Saad who is our quickest player but that just takes us back to point (1) above.

With McKay and Curnow you’ve got the 2 best KPF in the comp. Swans back line ordinary? Conceded least points in the comp.
On last nights showing Harry and Charlie were hardly the best KPFs going around. Out of form atm.

Swans backline hardly raised a sweat in the second half so dominant was their midfield, again Blues midfield did well in first quarter but Swans got on top.

that's on the midfield...

Without McCartin, they are bog ordinary down back.

2/3rds of Q1 showed that....then we went to sleep, got lazy/cute, they lifted.

When you're playing a handful of guys who are so out of form it's embarrassing (O. Hollands, Fantasia, Durdin, Williams, TDK last night, probably missed a few) you have zero chance....

Our inability to deliver effectively the ball I50 must be close to the worst in the comp.

I disagree - we had options.

Moir could have played - simply could not have done any worse. Offers a legit 3rd target, Swans backline is ordinary.

Binns should have played.... would it have made a difference? See Moir....

Marchy picked - off the back of what? Talent shown years ago. Cowan had been very serviceable.

Voss and co not ones to learn from their mistakes seemingly....

Our injuries caught up with us - adding Weiters to that too.

Better now than September - but need to bust our asses to identify talent in MSD../..
I asked about playing Moir & binns, but got shot down as
1.. don’t watch them play vfl.
2.. they’re not up to it apparently.

So why did we draft them?
Yet we will play durds & Fanta who apparently so much better.
Does my head in that we don’t give our young guys a real taste to see if they are up to it.
How they could do worse is mind boggling.
No one is saying they would change the score, but maybe the desire & effort would be enhanced. IMO!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We can't win a flag when our bottom six are just not up to AFL standard. It's as simple as that. Watch GCS use the same tactics as the Swans and run us off our feet this week?

Fortunately, our “bottom 6” is adding Cerra, Saad, Motlop, Fogarty, Martin and Cottrell back into the side.

Does my head in that we don’t give our young guys a real taste to see if they are up to it.
No one is saying they would change the score, but maybe the desire & effort would be enhanced. IMO!
Moir could have 3 possessions, take 2 marks, kick two goals - and that's miles ahead of a few who wore a Carlton jumper last night.

It shouldn't surprise you that there was a reason Moir slipped so far. He's injury prone and had huge questions over his desire to prepare and recover properly. So his body/ fitness and strength development was absolutely near 0 during his 18s season. When guys are getting real strong and real fit he was getting by on only talent and using injury as an excuse. **** he could be an amazing player and that's why we drafted him. But he's also yet another 'project' on the list with injury issues.

Anyway, swans at the SCG are very tough to play for anyone, we got smashed it happens.
I’m confident we will bounce back next week, & everyone will be back in love with our team & players
( except Fanta & durds 😂😂😂)

Go Blues!

The third quarter:

leaking season 9 GIF

By way of perspective:

Let's see how Sydney go without:

1. Doc
2. Saad
3. Cerra
4. JSOS
5. Jack Martin
6. Cotters
7. Fogarty
8. Mots (best small forward)

There's 4 of our top 10 players there....

All very clearly best 23.

It shouldn't surprise you that there was a reason Moir slipped so far. He's injury prone and had huge questions over his desire to prepare and recover properly. So his body/ fitness and strength development was absolutely near 0 during his 18s season. When guys are getting real strong and real fit he was getting by on only talent and using injury as an excuse. heck he could be an amazing player and that's why we drafted him. But he's also yet another 'project' on the list with injury issues.
Pick 20? “Project” doesn’t sit well with me if that’s the case

It shouldn't surprise you that there was a reason Moir slipped so far. He's injury prone and had huge questions over his desire to prepare and recover properly. So his body/ fitness and strength development was absolutely near 0 during his 18s season. When guys are getting real strong and real fit he was getting by on only talent and using injury as an excuse. heck he could be an amazing player and that's why we drafted him. But he's also yet another 'project' on the list with injury issues.
he's been in our system since November, injury free as far as I am aware, are you saying the Club isn't able to get a guy fit enough to play even 40% ToG with intent?

I'd say that is laughable.

Back