MRP / Trib. 2024 MRP Lotto thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Reid 2 weeks out confirmed

Feel like it should be 3 weeks for wasting time appealing

Was that a thing in the past or am I remembering that incorrectly where if you failed an appeal you got an extra week?
I think there's a $10k appeal cost that's forfeited (somebody can confirm). I don't think there's an extra week on top unless it was a case where the MRO set a reduced penalty (i.e. for "good blokes").

Prediction: Wardlaw does a basic tackle this week and WA fans and media push for him to be suspended and talk about Vic bias
Prediction: Wardlaw goes on to win the RS but the media declare it to be invalid as the two best candidates were robbed by the over-officious judiciary.

I’ll say it again, they are paid extremely well. Whats a bottom end contract now? 150k or is it more?

Give you the hot tip, they aren’t struggling with a house paid off and mortgage free. Give me some CTE for that, cheers.
Some CTE - and drive your car at high speed into a tree like Frawley?

I’ll say it again, they are paid extremely well. Whats a bottom end contract now? 150k or is it more?

Give you the hot tip, they aren’t struggling with a house paid off and mortgage free. Give me some CTE for that, cheers.
Might be tolerable for you mate, but I reckon if the official AFL position was that players can do whatever they like to each others heads at the elite level, with what we now know about CTE, there would be a mass exodus from the sport.

Might be tolerable for you mate, but I reckon if the official AFL position was that players can do whatever they like to each others heads at the elite level, with what we now know about CTE, there would be a mass exodus from the sport.
Players were better at protecting themselves in the past. Now they dont. Im not saying bring back the dirty bump, the big hits but the way it is right now is pathetic

Players were better at protecting themselves in the past. Now they dont. Im not saying bring back the dirty bump, the big hits but the way it is right now is pathetic
I think there's definitely some truth in this.

Absolutely there is truth to it, its fact. Players oblivious to contact.. someone needs to remind em, its a contact sport. You have your own responsibility for personal wellbeing
We saw Logue suspended last season because he protected himself in an inevitable collision. The AFL, in attempts to protect the head, are teaching players to collide head first, rather than brace.

The peak of stupidity and it will come up in court, one day. A player will have a career ending head clash and will argue that the AFL dissuaded them from protecting themselves.

We saw Logue suspended last season because he protected himself in an inevitable collision. The AFL, in attempts to protect the head, are teaching players to collide head first, rather than brace.

The peak of stupidity and it will come up in court, one day. A player will have a career ending head clash and will argue that the AFL dissuaded them from protecting themselves.
Abso ****ing lutely. Basketball players brace more than footy players. Its almost Darwinism. Natural selection. BuT wE nEEd to ProTeCt Da HeAd DeRrRrP 🤪

Protect yourself you muppets. Theres always accidents. But seriously, some of the bump incidents make me wanna spew

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CTE has links to domestic violence.

Don't **** around with that shit.
So does alcohol, drug use, employment, financial pressure, unrelated mental health issues, various other traumas, etc.. the key factor is.

Dont be afraid to ask for help. Everyone can be broken down and you’re not as tough as you think you are.

So saying. Our game is pathetic and has nothing to do with CTE. The game has been designed over the last 20 years to be where it is and players are just simps.

Clarko isnt allowed to call an opposing mutt dog a **** sucker, he isn’t allowed to say the word campaigner. Its a joke.

Tef was a ****wit, his views were significantly skewed, but ultimately, the campaigner was right (in a deranged way of thought)

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back