List Mgmt. 2024 Mid Season Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s playing mid/fwd for South this year and racking up big numbers.
Can kick a goal and seems to have a tank.
I can confirm he’s being talked about around the Souths clubrooms.
Is there talk of West Coast picking him up again? Or do you think we might have a go?

A few scouts been around watching him is what I was told.
I’ll get more specifics next home game. Wakojako what are you hearing
Pretty much exactly the same as you at this stage. The big Rodge is impressed with Winder which tells me he is on Freo's radar. We have had a few talent scouts from the over east clubs show up to the games as well so we aren't the only ones interested. Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to speak to Isiah personally and I doubt I will before the MSD. I didn't realise the MSD is next week!

Pretty much exactly the same as you at this stage. The big Rodge is impressed with Winder which tells me he is on Freo's radar. We have had a few talent scouts from the over east clubs show up to the games as well so we aren't the only ones interested. Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to speak to Isiah personally and I doubt I will before the MSD. I didn't realise the MSD is next week!
We are actually desperate for this to happen. 🤣

Not next week - the week after. Wed 29/05/2024.

James Rowe small forward/mid playing in the SANFL. Averaging almost 2 goals and 26 possessions in the SANFL.

He played well in the state game today 18 possessions and 3 goals.

“Rowe kicked 84 goals in 34 games across 2019 and 2020, earning the leading goal kicker in the SANFL for the 2020 season and helping guide the Eagles to the Premiership.”

He played 36 AFL games with Adelaide across 2021-22 seasons and kicked 27 goals. If I remember correctly he was a handful along with Rochele in that Chapman magical Fist game we won by a point.

Last edited:
James Rowe small forward/mid playing in the SANFL. Averaging almost 2 goals and 26 possessions in the SANFL.

“Rowe kicked 84 goals in 34 games across 2019 and 2020, earning the leading goal kicker in the SANFL for the 2020 season and helping guide the Eagles to the Premiership.”

He played 36 AFL games with Adelaide across 2021-22 seasons and kicked 27 goals. If I remember correctly he was a handful along with Rochele in that Chapman magical Fist game we won by a point.
I love Rowe as a player but don’t think he improves the forward half skill level

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A bit slow and small for afl.

Super skillful though

Any chance Jed Hagan? I haven't seen him play this year but know he is playing small forward for East Freo and he made the state team so must be playing OK.

Looking at the stats, he did nothing in the step up to the state game. WA looks like they have the Freo disease with 5.16 on the scoreboard. I'd say SA is a better place to be looking for talent seeing as they flogged WA.

James Rowe (who has been mentioned above) kicked 3 goals against WA, but I reckon he is proven to be nowhere near AFL standard.

The only possible one I can see based purely on stats is Aiden Grace who kicked 4 goals against WA and has kicked 15 goals in 6 SANFL games. Kicked 7 goals in 2 finals last year. A 26 year old medium forward at 189cm. Sounds like he is from Tasmania. Maybe a Sturt/Emmett alternative?

I imagine Adelaide getting Rachelle and Rankin may have played some part in James Rowe being delisted. Then he spent a year fighting some horrible infection that nearly killed him. Don't remember much about him as a player though. WA were AWOL so it is hard to read too much into his performance. Wonder what his Sanfl form has been like?

I imagine Adelaide getting Rachelle and Rankin may have played some part in James Rowe being delisted. Then he spent a year fighting some horrible infection that nearly killed him. Don't remember much about him as a player though. WA were AWOL so it is hard to read too much into his performance. Wonder what his Sanfl form has been like?

Yes, but they chose to delist him and keep Murphy and McHenry (who I wouldn't want anywhere near Freo's side), which I think says pretty clearly what they thought of Rowe as an AFL player.

Looking at the stats, he did nothing in the step up to the state game. WA looks like they have the Freo disease with 5.16 on the scoreboard. I'd say SA is a better place to be looking for talent seeing as they flogged WA.

James Rowe (who has been mentioned above) kicked 3 goals against WA, but I reckon he is proven to be nowhere near AFL standard.

The only possible one I can see based purely on stats is Aiden Grace who kicked 4 goals against WA and has kicked 15 goals in 6 SANFL games. Kicked 7 goals in 2 finals last year. A 26 year old medium forward at 189cm. Sounds like he is from Tasmania. Maybe a Sturt/Emmett alternative?
Probably more to do with the fact the SANFL salary cap is a third bigger than the WAFL's and has been for many years. Apparently the Footy Commision would rather the West Coast just sit on money they can never spend and blow the rest on coke for themselves rather than boost the WAFL and the metro and regional junior feeder system.

Probably more to do with the fact the SANFL salary cap is a third bigger than the WAFL's and has been for many years. Apparently the Footy Commision would rather the West Coast just sit on money they can never spend and blow the rest on coke for themselves rather than boost the WAFL and the metro and regional junior feeder system.
Not sure these state games have much to do with who's draftable anyway tbh, outside of one or two players in their early 20s.

Scaife wasn't selected for example but will probably get drafted next week. He's far more likely to make it at AFL level than most guys they selected but right now isn't quite as good as the top end state league players. As little as a year in the AFL system probably changes that imo.

Outside of Blight and Teakle, I doubt any of that WA side get drafted next week or ever again tbh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back