Preview 2024 Mid Season Draft Prospects & Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

On talent, no. We're screwed. Is it time to take a punt on a suburban hard arse, a genuine ******* unit, to put a bit of physicality back into the team? Other sides know we have talent but are young and easily nudged off the ball..just put some big, hard bodies in there. Make the opposition second guess a bit. Or am I stuck in the 80s and 90s (I understand I might be)?
We've lost 1300+ games of experience over the summer... Cunnington, Ziebell, Goldstein and even Turner copped a lot of physical hits over the years and dished a few out. Who takes those hits now? Who's dishing them out?
Rhys Mathieson has entered the chat.

Yeah, 184cm and 75kg, could do with a couple of rump steaks but he's good and his skills are very good., got a nice turn of pace as well, I guess that helps being so light, also, he knows how to football!
Perfect another small mid to get bullied & pushed off the ball at stoppage 👍
Sign him up Brady . 4-5 year’s minimum

If you were going to pick a WAFL player. Can play anywhere but undersized to play KPB
Good midfield er

Former Collingwood utility backed to make AFL comeback after strong start with new club​

“He’d be one of the most damaging forwards at WAFL level and is probably one you could easily see back in an AFL program.”​

Mitch Keating
MITCH KEATING
EDITOR | APRIL 18, 2024 - 5:10PM

Former Collingwood utility Trey Ruscoe has been backed to potentially have "a big impact" back at AFL level following a strong start to his WAFL campaign

He'd be one of the most damaging forwards at WAFL level and is probably one you could easily see back in an AFL program and having a big impact at that level as well. He's been outstanding for us."

"Watching him play, through limited supply through the first two rounds, he always looked dangerous playing forward. Then we threw him back... he's a real point of difference. He's got great versatility, really dangerous up front.

He played 18 games over four seasons with the Magpies having been drafted with Pick 55 in 2019.

If you were going to pick a WAFL player. Can play anywhere but undersized to play KPB
Good midfield er

Former Collingwood utility backed to make AFL comeback after strong start with new club​

“He’d be one of the most damaging forwards at WAFL level and is probably one you could easily see back in an AFL program.”​

Mitch Keating
MITCH KEATING
EDITOR | APRIL 18, 2024 - 5:10PM

Former Collingwood utility Trey Ruscoe has been backed to potentially have "a big impact" back at AFL level following a strong start to his WAFL campaign

He'd be one of the most damaging forwards at WAFL level and is probably one you could easily see back in an AFL program and having a big impact at that level as well. He's been outstanding for us."

"Watching him play, through limited supply through the first two rounds, he always looked dangerous playing forward. Then we threw him back... he's a real point of difference. He's got great versatility, really dangerous up front.

He played 18 games over four seasons with the Magpies having been drafted with Pick 55 in 2019.
193 cm - borderline key position player height.

How hard does he compete and can he take a contested mark? Has he ever laid a tackle?

193 cm - borderline key position player height.

How hard does he compete and can he take a contested mark? Has he ever laid a tackle?
I wouldn't ask him to play key position. Medium back or some help for Larkey.
Right now I'd play him mid with LDU and Sheez.

Yes hard at it. Was fairly popular on the Pies bigfooty forum. Just behind a few other players

Ok, enough teasing - what's your fancy - (a) one or two picks?, and (b) who?

Two picks. We definitely need some additional depth.

Pick 1. Jasper Scaife key forward from East Perth. Big body, can compete from the get go, young enough to develop long term with the team.

Pick 2. Not quite sure yet, would depend heavily on who is available. I like Ned Long as a big body midfielder who likes to tackle. If we wanted to push Sheezel into the midfield permanently then I’d probably look at Jez McLennan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 1. Jasper Scaife key forward from East Perth. Big body, can compete from the get go, young enough to develop long term with the team.

Pick 2. Not quite sure yet, would depend heavily on who is available. I like Ned Long as a big body midfielder who likes to tackle. If we wanted to push Sheezel into the midfield permanently then I’d probably look at Jez McLennan.
good job, thanks. Assuming Goater and CCJ come back, and we wanted to keep Scaife and Long/McLennan, we'd need to delist/retire 5 to take the minimum 3 draft picks?

good job, thanks. Assuming Goater and CCJ come back, and we wanted to keep Scaife and Long/McLennan, we'd need to delist/retire 5 to take the minimum 3 draft picks?

I think the minimum draft picks you can take is two. We have plenty of deadwood on the list, so I wouldn’t worry too much about that.

I think the minimum draft picks you can take is two. We have plenty of deadwood on the list, so I wouldn’t worry too much about that.
The minimum draft picks a team can use is three at the national draft. But teams can delist players and pick them back up if they don't want to use the three minimum picks.

Last edited:

Dumb question as I don’t think he is eligible, but is it worth actually going for his teammate at West Perth, Keitel instead?
Give him an 18th month deal but at least it’s a mature body who’s shown over a long period of time
Not sure there is much else there, rather we use it to plug a gaping hole even temporarily

Dumb question as I don’t think he is eligible, but is it worth actually going for his teammate at West Perth, Keitel instead?
Give him an 18th month deal but at least it’s a mature body who’s shown over a long period of time
Not sure there is much else there, rather we use it to plug a gaping hole even temporarily
Kietal has nominated before so I’m sure he would be eligible. In saying that U don’t think he’d want to give up his career in Perth to move over here at his age. He has previously done pre seasons with both Freo and West Coast but has never been picked up. Always wondered if there was something up with his character or personality? Because there hasn’t been a more consistent goal kicker in the state leagues across the last 6-8 years

Kietal has nominated before so I’m sure he would be eligible. In saying that U don’t think he’d want to give up his career in Perth to move over here at his age. He has previously done pre seasons with both Freo and West Coast but has never been picked up. Always wondered if there was something up with his character or personality? Because there hasn’t been a more consistent goal kicker in the state leagues across the last 6-8 years
Heard a rumour he was a FIG JAM guy but heard him a year or so on the radio and he seems to have settled…
Dunno, last chance on a list? Had issues with drive but given a chance he most likely would go ok

Heard a rumour he was a FIG JAM guy but heard him a year or so on the radio and he seems to have settled…
Dunno, last chance on a list? Had issues with drive but given a chance he most likely would go ok
Would it be difficult being number one for so long to suddenly have to play second fiddle in the forward 50?

Jasper Scaife named in the WAFL state squad.

Oliver Eastland, Bailey Rogers (Claremont)
Cam Eardley, Jed Hagan, Matt Jupp, Milan Murdock, Brynn Teakle, Fraser Turner (East Fremantle)
Hamish Brayshaw, Mitch Crowden, Scott Jones, Harrison Macreadie, Angus Schumacher, Angus Scott, Stan Wright (East Perth)
Jacob Blight, Jack Sears, Michael Sellwood (Peel Thunder)
Regan Clarke (Perth)
Matt Parker, Chad Pearson (South Fremantle)
Greg Clark, Jack Mayo, Ben Sokol (Subiaco)
Jye Chalcraft, Tom Edwards, Nik Rokahr, Jesse Turner (Swan Districts)
Zac Guadagnin, Tyler Keitel, Luke Meadows, Noah Pegoraro, Jasper Scaife (West Perth)
Trey Ruscoe (West Coast).

We are that desperate that we could offer him a 2.5 year deal

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back