Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

To be fair I reckon Gary and Healy have always been pretty fair towards us.

Agree on that, I will add that Gary didn't know much about us, he would be positive if he saw something but at times didn't know who our important players were outside of Walters and Fyfe.

He is getting more interested now, which is because we have talent all over the park including young KPF guns!

David King :It is startling to see Carlton at 8th"

Very startling, given they should have lost in Round 4 by all metrics and also fell over the line against the Lions and bottom 4 Tigers, their expected win/loss puts them at about 3-5 and 12th.

Maybe if he was a real analyst and not a pretentious grifter who's coasted through his job conning people into thinking he knows how to examine football by being the ultimate stat cherry-picker to support his biases, he'd realize that.

Very startling, given they should have lost in Round 4 by all metrics and also fell over the line against the Lions and bottom 4 Tigers, their expected win/loss puts them at about 3-5 and 12th.

Maybe if he was a real analyst and not a pretentious grifter who's coasted through his job conning people into thinking he knows how to examine football by being the ultimate stat cherry-picker to support his biases, he'd realize that.

oh yeah GIF

King like almost all footy journos has a really difficult time remembering anything earlier than last week.

Bang on. It's so obvious just hearing the way he talks about certain coaches ie. staunch defence of Bevo last night and this morning, that he bases most of his analysis on whether he personally likes a club / coach and works backwards from there. Blind freddy can see has some sort of animus against JLo / Freo, he can barely contain the contempt in his face when we come up in the conversation.

I think people are a little confused as to the purpose of Media.

Their number one goal is for audience numbers to gain more advertising to raise income.

Upsetting fans is the best way of getting more numbers to watch as proven over the past 20-30 yrs of Media on TV, and on internet. Just look at discussions on X (Twitter), Tik Tok, Big Footy , Facebook etc. The more outrageous the comment the more views it gets.

So i dont hate or dislike the medias, they just doing what they paid to do. it just a Scripted show where they sit down and plan what they can do each week to gain more viewers for the following week.

Personally i dont watch any of the AFL MEdia shows. Big footy is my only connection with other Footy fans and comments.

I think people are a little confused as to the purpose of Media.

Their number one goal is for audience numbers to gain more advertising to raise income.

Upsetting fans is the best way of getting more numbers to watch as proven over the past 20-30 yrs of Media on TV, and on internet. Just look at discussions on X (Twitter), Tik Tok, Big Footy , Facebook etc. The more outrageous the comment the more views it gets.

So i dont hate or dislike the medias, they just doing what they paid to do. it just a Scripted show where they sit down and plan what they can do each week to gain more viewers for the following week.

Personally i dont watch any of the AFL MEdia shows. Big footy is my only connection with other Footy fans and comments.

Me too. Consume zero footy media except the odd clip on the club website.

The worst part is to watch him then prattle on about loving Melbourne's strategy to chip it around and hold the ball against Geelong, literally 5 minutes after complaining about Freo
I have written about it before, but when we were being formed we invited him over to check out the club and to see if he was interested in joining us.He spent , I think ten days here at the clubs expense.He rejected out offer. But on return he was asked by one of the media out lets about the trip and if he were interessted at any stage. He laughed and said never interested, just went for the holiday. Maybe it has nothing to do with his disdain for Fremantle, but I would say , even back in out early days the club would have let him know hat sort RSe he was.Maybe the club used far harsher language.But he is a tosser of the highest degree.
He and Barrett are Fremantle haters.

I have written about it before, but when we were being formed we invited him over to check out the club and to see if he was interested in joining us.He spent , I think ten days here at the clubs expense.He rejected out offer. But on return he was asked by one of the media out lets about the trip and if he were interessted at any stage. He laughed and said never interested, just went for the holiday. Maybe it has nothing to do with his disdain for Fremantle, but I would say , even back in out early days the club would have let him know hat sort RSe he was.Maybe the club used far harsher language.But he is a tosser of the highest degree.
He and Barrett are Fremantle haters.
I don’t think Barrett is a hater at all, I think he’s extremely VIC bias without realising it (SA derby at MCG level bias) but don’t think he’s too bad against Freo

I don’t think Barrett is a hater at all, I think he’s extremely VIC bias without realising it (SA derby at MCG level bias) but don’t think he’s too bad against Freo
I have found him to be going way back to our first years in the competiton. I had arather long discussion/ arguement on the phone after he wrote a disparaging article re Fremantle.I was in Melbourne a the time.
He knew JS about our football culture at WAFL level. He was comparing us the the other mob.He knew nothing about our lack of concessions that they got.
I have never been a fan of his after that and I hav eyet tos ee a change in his attitude.
But maybe that is just me.. a grumpy old plick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How’s kingy on first crack talking up Harrison Petty as the second coming of Wayne Carey. Petty had 4 contested marks and kicked a goal. Treacy had as many marks, kicked 4 goals, and is 3 years younger.

How’s kingy on first crack talking up Harrison Petty as the second coming of Wayne Carey. Petty had 4 contested marks and kicked a goal. Treacy had as many marks, kicked 4 goals, and is 3 years younger.
I hope Treacy doesn't turn out like Wayne Carey. I hate Wayne Carey.

Breathe in, breathe out.

Remember the mantra, “we are happy flying under the radar”.

Just heard Margetts on the abc talking about Longmuirs comments about Amiss getting scragged behind play ,he sounded indignant and personally offended and basically had the attitude of tough s**t this is AFL .So its ok to put a knee on someones throat behind play .

Just heard Margetts on the abc talking about Longmuirs comments about Amiss getting scragged behind play ,he sounded indignant and personally offended and basically had the attitude of tough s**t this is AFL .So its ok to put a knee on someones throat behind play .
For what it's worth Dean has umpired a few games in my local league over the last few years.

I've been told he s**t talks the players and his other umpires during the games. The ultimate professional.

For what it's worth Dean has umpired a few games in my local league over the last few years.

I've been told he s**t talks the players and his other umpires during the games. The ultimate professional.
Can confirm this is absolutely true.
Straight from a current league WAFL umpire. He used language not suitable for here to describe Margetts having previously had a lot of respect for him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back