List Mgmt. 2024 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd be trying to pick the eyes out of the Lions list
Just because the club looks flaky at the moment and players may be wanting to leave, doesn't necessarily translate into 'the right players at the right price' for us.
No.
If we bring in better small forwards, we’ll move out some of the not so good ones.
This; and injury prone ones that don't play enough games to justify our persistence with them. I still think we can have a healthier list profile for when our depth is challenged. Imagine us with a bit more flair to go with the grit. That's what I want.

Last edited:
I wouldn't compare Hayward to Jack unless Hayward had spent half the past 2 seasons playing backup ruck. Jack Martin would be a more comparable player but we have Elijah, Cunningham, Cottrell, Owies, Fog, Motlop, Moir coming through all occupying different variations on the role Hayward plays. We've got coverage in that spot and Hayward is a slight upgrade only. It's big money for that.

I think you have listed a lot of players who play totally different positions to Hayward and the only comparable two being Martin and Moir who Hayward is a massive upgrade on both, but that wasn’t my main point.

I was just putting forward that the difference between being a solid player and elite, is quite small output wise and will cost a bit of $$$$ regardless who the player is or position.

No.
If we bring in better small forwards, we’ll move out some of the not so good ones.

The Bedford/Daniels/Jones combo looks impressive

I am confident Motlop will be a top line small forward. Fogarty/Owies/Cottell are defensive options

It would be great to add another quick, X factor small forward this year but they are rare

The Bedford/Daniels/Jones combo looks impressive

I am confident Motlop will be a top line small forward. Fogarty/Owies/Cottell are defensive options

It would be great to add another quick, X factor small forward this year but they are rare
Jones, Daniels, Bedford, Leake, Greene, Gothard, Thomas, Brown

Incredible depth in the small/medium forward department.

Bedford and Thomas the 'defensive' types. The rest offensive types.

We're almost the opposite in terms of having too many defensive types and not enough offensive threats. Wanted Collard last year who is in that mould, barring a miracle he'll either stay at the Saints or head back to WA.

Agree but who?
Posted this a few weeks back but still mostly relevant.

Pie in the sky... Have to reshape our entire list and probably trade players to fit them types:
Hugh Mccluggage (Mid)
Shai Bolton (Fwd/Mid)
Zac Bailey (Mid/Fwd)

Realistic Free agent acquisitions: (Depending on Cap Space)
Tyson Stengle
(Small Fwd)
Will Hayward (Medium Fwd)
Ben Ainsworth (Fwd/Mid)
Cam Zurhaar (Medium Fwd)
Liam Baker (Utility)
Blake Hardwick (Small Fwd)

Realistic known quality trade targets
Bailey Dale (HBF/HFF)
Paul Curtis (Small Fwd)
Sam Switkowski (Small Fwd)
Max Holmes (Mid/HBF)
Nick Vlaustin (HPF)
Charlie Comben (KPD)
Jack Payne (KPD)
Josh Worrell (KPD)
Cooper Sharman (KPF/Utility)
Dylan Williams (Medium Fwd/HBF)
Sam Wicks (Small Fwd)
Malcolm Rosas (Small Fwd)

Unproven talents with huge upside imo.
James Leake
(Medium Fwd/HBF)
Darcy Jones (Small Fwd)
Brayden George (Medium Fwd)
Joe Richards (Small Fwd)
Charlie Clarke (Small Fwd)
Jacob Konstanty (Small Fwd)
Lance Collard (Small Fwd)

No idea. Should become a bit clearer as the season progresses. Someone will become available.
Yep, a lot depends on how their teams perform, who they are looking to bring in etc.

The list I posted above is fantasy football stuff but players I think may be open to a move if things align for us. Stengle, Bolton, Bailey etc would be awesome but cost a fortune and likely only move if their teams are going poorly. Others may look for more opportunities if they remain in the two's or on the fringe.

Yep, a lot depends on how their teams perform, who they are looking to bring in etc.

The list I posted above is fantasy football stuff but players I think may be open to a move if things align for us. Stengle, Bolton, Bailey etc would be awesome but cost a fortune and likely only move if their teams are going poorly. Others may look for more opportunities if they remain in the two's or on the fringe.

Yep and there'll be guys that we didn't expect to be on the market. For instance, if the Crows keep going terribly and throwing him under the bus for a lack of courage, maybe Rachele starts to feel a bit homesick. Would cost a fortune but just an example.

Posted this a few weeks back but still mostly relevant.

Pie in the sky... Have to reshape our entire list and probably trade players to fit them types:
Hugh Mccluggage (Mid)
Shai Bolton (Fwd/Mid)
Zac Bailey (Mid/Fwd)

Realistic Free agent acquisitions: (Depending on Cap Space)
Tyson Stengle
(Small Fwd)
Will Hayward (Medium Fwd)
Ben Ainsworth (Fwd/Mid)
Cam Zurhaar (Medium Fwd)
Liam Baker (Utility)
Blake Hardwick (Small Fwd)

Realistic known quality trade targets
Bailey Dale (HBF/HFF)
Paul Curtis (Small Fwd)
Sam Switkowski (Small Fwd)
Max Holmes (Mid/HBF)
Nick Vlaustin (HPF)
Charlie Comben (KPD)
Jack Payne (KPD)
Josh Worrell (KPD)
Cooper Sharman (KPF/Utility)
Dylan Williams (Medium Fwd/HBF)
Sam Wicks (Small Fwd)
Malcolm Rosas (Small Fwd)

Unproven talents with huge upside imo.
James Leake
(Medium Fwd/HBF)
Darcy Jones (Small Fwd)
Brayden George (Medium Fwd)
Joe Richards (Small Fwd)
Charlie Clarke (Small Fwd)
Jacob Konstanty (Small Fwd)
Lance Collard (Small Fwd)
rosas would be a smart pickup

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When was the last time we traded out a valuable player to obtain good draft pick/s in order to target a gun player of need, either through the draft or trading with another club?
Early SOS era?
I think we are in a position to target a dangerous small/med. FWD, but you need to be a bit ruthless and give something up of some value.
Who would we be prepared to trade for either picks, salary cap room or more game time?

Last edited:
I think you have listed a lot of players who play totally different positions to Hayward and the only comparable two being Martin and Moir who Hayward is a massive upgrade on both, but that wasn’t my main point.

I was just putting forward that the difference between being a solid player and elite, is quite small output wise and will cost a bit of $$$$ regardless who the player is or position.
Probably premature relating to Moir, definitely has the talent, if we are patient he may be ready next year with another pre-season.
Hayward is definitely worth looking at, but not at $800k, he would need to do more to justify those $

Wouldn't mind seeing if Neil Erasmus is available for a fair price.

I think he'd be a interesting get at Half Forward and rotating in the midfield. Potentially moving their fulltime in the future. Kinda reminds me a little of Elijah Hollands.

He isn't getting much of a look in at the moment with Fremantle. High draft pick who has 2 years left on his contract but maybe an option for the future.

He is a WA boy tho so he may be content to bide his time with Fremantle

Yep and there'll be guys that we didn't expect to be on the market. For instance, if the Crows keep going terribly and throwing him under the bus for a lack of courage, maybe Rachele starts to feel a bit homesick. Would cost a fortune but just an example.
Whole family are mad Carlton supporters, too. So maybe not so unrealistic.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back