Player Watch 2024 Father-Son player watch - Ky Burgoyne and Ned Maginness

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll need to be arrested if Cooper plays anywhere except Hawthorn
It's going to hurt, no doubt, but I've prepared myself for years for this ever since Hodge moved up here to play with the Lions. Knew right there and then it was going to be a repeat of the Leigh Matthews scenario, this time with the added salt in the wound due to lost father-son. :(

* academies.

It's going to hurt, no doubt, but I've prepared myself for years for this ever since Hodge moved up here to play with the Lions. Knew right there and then it was going to be a repeat of the Leigh Matthews scenario, this time with the added salt in the wound due to lost father-son. :(

* academies.
Reasoning behind the academies is to get kids in that would otherwise have played league etc. sons of AFL players, let alone hall of famers, shouldn’t be allowed. Absolute rort.

Reasoning behind the academies is to get kids in that would otherwise have played league etc. sons of AFL players, let alone hall of famers, shouldn’t be allowed. Absolute rort.
That is one change I wouldn't care less about if the AFL did it on the fly.

Remove FS from the Northern Academies period. These kids were always playing football, likely spent their formative years within the confines of an AFL club so were never considering League, Basketball, Soccer etc. I don't like how the 4 Northern clubs have a monopoly on NSW/QLD kids but can handle it for the greater growth of the game at the moment.

Hawthorn should be lobbying this as hard as possible. It's not acceptable the level of advantage the norther clubs have as it is, let alone handing Father son's to them as well.

Hawthorn should be lobbying this as hard as possible. It's not acceptable the level of advantage the norther clubs have as it is, let alone handing Father son's to them as well.
Every club should be lobbying for their own academy, it’s a joke to the whole league that they don’t, we would have a better game if they allowed it.

I would genuinely like every club to somehow unionise against the afl, some of the s**t they do is a joke

Forgot that was on. Just started watching in time to see him kick a nice goal. :thumbsu:
I have had an afternoon of footy Boxhill to young guns. It’s been enjoyable to watch the games.

He plays wing yeah could he play a different position with his height.
Seemed to be linking up play between the two arcs def and fwd.

Ned’s skills appeared to be much neater than Finn’s and the kid can run. Was still doing the hard yards in the last quarter when everyone else was buggered.

We must interested still as his been at training after the last draft. Unsure if he gets drafted but it’s enjoyable to cheer the lad on!

You would hope the AFL see in advance how bad it would look for a Hodge boy to be picked up by the Lions as an academy pick. Hopefully they look to close the loophole before they get egg on their face. Or they just don't care....always an option!
They won’t care.

Hawthorn have won 13 flags (4 in the last 16) and Gold Coast zero. Brisbane haven’t won one for 20 years.

As far as the AFL are concerned, Brisbane and GC making finals and winning flags is far more important to the game being strong in Qld than a highly successful club getting access to Cooper Hodge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just because he is white with blond hair and blue eyes doesn’t make him far right…😂😂😂
i see what you did there cas GIF

I'll need to be arrested if Cooper plays anywhere except Hawthorn
Need to push Stkilda to put a stop to it this year. Spida Everett's kid is in Gold Coast Academy too. All sides need to push HARD that FS CANNOT ever be in an academy. Blakey to sydney was ridiculous. AFL need to say Everett goes StKilda as FS or in the open draft.

Need to push Stkilda to put a stop to it this year. Spida Everett's kid is in Gold Coast Academy too. All sides need to push HARD that FS CANNOT ever be in an academy. Blakey to sydney was ridiculous. AFL need to say Everett goes StKilda as FS or in the open draft.
Won’t happen. The Blakey scenario was a disgrace but openly orchestrated by Sydney years out in order to snare the son who was a gun junior - “ bloods kulcha ”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back