Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Love to have a peek into Roughy's note pad. Reckon a few surprises will pop up, he's perfect for the role and always said he wanted to get into recruiting and player management. Looking forward to seeing and hearing a few whispers on some left of field targets we are chatting to later in the season. Love the Rough.

Love to have a peek into Roughy's note pad. Reckon a few surprises will pop up, he's perfect for the role and always said he wanted to get into recruiting and player management. Looking forward to seeing and hearing a few whispers on some left of field targets we are chatting to later in the season. Love the Rough.
I also look forward to watching Roughy in the role. Hopefully he'll enjoy the 'Battle' and hilariously play a part in filling that hole at CHB after all 😂

fishing-gif-10.gif

What free agent key forwards are coming up in the next year or 2?
May have missed some names, and not including guys that will be too old...

Darcy Fogarty, RFA
Tom De Koning, RFA
Noah Balta, RFA
Jake Waterman, RFA
Oscar Allen, RFA

Ben King, RFA
Max King, RFA
Joel Amartey, RFA

Many of those guys playing interstate are from that state, so unlikely to make the move anyway.

The real quality is in the non-free agent players but obviously they will come at a high trade price.

But very few get publicly shamed and suspended

Yes, and? Fairly certain if you went negotiating and said 'oh remember he got caught doing blow once, so our offer is now only X' the other party would rightly tell you to heck off.

Interesting from the cats board?

Did anyone hear the rumour that Geelong are making a play for a certain Hawthorn midfielder- NOT worpel
Newcombe?

Or are we bringing Stephens home?
Conor Nash. My source is very hit and miss though

When Melbourne have 13 forward entries into there forward line, and only kick 3 goals is the reason why Lewis could be a trade target for them.

Melbourne are keen on Lewis, which is understandable as they are desperate for a KPF.

IMO there is no way we trade him to them though. We won't get value, he is worth too much to our rebuild right now.

The only way he moves is if he asks to be traded.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nash loves the club and Mitchell for kickstarting his career. He’ll only leave if we push him.
GFC are desperate to avoid a rebuild before/when Tassie come in. They'll go hard at topping up.

I'm pretty confident that our out of contract guys like Hardwick and Nash have some good in-principle deals agreed to and that we're just waiting to see how much we'll need to spend on front loading deals for free agents before we lock them in.

Neither of them are playing or behaving like players with a foot out the door. Quite the opposite.

I'm pretty confident that our out of contract guys like Hardwick and Nash have some good in-principle deals agreed to and that we're just waiting to see how much we'll need to spend on front loading deals for free agents before we lock them in.

Neither of them are playing or behaving like players with a foot out the door. Quite the opposite.

Nash would be due a bit of a raise too. He signed his last extension prior to his great season last year (?).

It's probably in his best interests to wait a little after his indifferent start to the season. He's working into some form now so he's probably going to be in a better position to negotiate after another month of good form. Especially if other clubs are approaching him too.

I hope we have Dimma locked down. We can't afford to lose him and I bet he has some suitors.

If Nash triggers band 1- do we let him go? Two top 5 picks- take one of the gun mids and split the other- trade for Smith + grab the best key position player in the draft
Might prevent us from signing other free agents though as they factor that into the compo.

That said. The free agency period opens just before the trade period and overlaps with it. I'm pretty sure in the past the AFL has determined and given out the compensation pick to a club prior to the free agency period ending. So not sure what's to stop a club from trading away the compo pick and then signing up a free agent later.

If Nash triggers band 1- do we let him go? Two top 5 picks- take one of the gun mids and split the other- trade for Smith + grab the best key position player in the draft
Contract would have to be $900k+ for that you'd think.

Does anyone know if frontloading affects the compo bands? I thought I read something about it just looking at year 1.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back