No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

IMG_4443.jpeg
As good as Harley Reid is, Ben Ronke had him covered.

You can see why the Eagles have improved so quickly!!!!!!
c9f829b282293a43b427ac7a45dc64fe.jpg

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

I think the Chinese got it wrong this year… according to their lunar calendar, 2024 is the year of the Dragon… but should it actually be the year of the Horse ??!!

I’ll fess up - I’ve been one of Horse’s biggest critics in the past .., and below are the main reasons why, but for each gripe I’ve added some comments about what the ‘2024 Horse’ has been doing differently:

* not playing Heeney in the middle - well whether it was planned or not, Isaac has played predominantly in the guts this year and is now the best player in the league!

• too conservative game style - this used to kill me, but this year we are playing fast attacking risk-reward footy and boy isn’t it just fantastic to watch!
  • similar to last point, Horse always wanted to put the cue in the rack whenever we had a decent lead going into the last quarter - but there are no signs of that this year and we are running out games better than ever
  • no plan B’s - this also used to bug me that whenever the opposition would get the better of us, it felt like Horse would stubbornly stick with plan A, and we’d usually end up losing the game - well this year, he and his staff seem to have all the right answers and we’ve been bouncing back strongly from poor periods in a game … also feels like we’ve been winning in a variety of ways too

And by not rushing Parker back into the side, he is sending a strong message to the team that this year, you 200% have to earn your spot!

Prbly a few other things as well, but I have rambled on for too long … may 2024 be the year of the Horse!!
Completely agreed!

To put it back on topic - I know there's been talk over here (in SA) of both Nicks & Hinkley getting the boot (on weeks were they lose). I'm concerned that Leon Cameron has been a huge reason for our form & he still has aspirations for a head coaching gig... Cox has also been around a while too...

Completely agreed!

To put it back on topic - I know there's been talk over here (in SA) of both Nicks & Hinkley getting the boot (on weeks were they lose). I'm concerned that Leon Cameron has been a huge reason for our form & he still has aspirations for a head coaching gig... Cox has also been around a while too...
Hinkley getting the boot?

God I hope not - Sack Hinkley threads are the epitome of calm, reasoned, nuanced debate … a true icon of Bigfooty!

Hinkley getting the boot?

God I hope not - Sack Hinkley threads are the epitome of calm, reasoned, nuanced debate … a true icon of Bigfooty!
Port sacking Hinkley, much like Essendon winning a final, will be the saddest days in footy 😔

It was interesting that the commentators for the Freo-St Kilda game noted that Patrick Voss (Freo) and Cooper Sharman (St Kilda) had both been members of the GWS academy, but overlooked by GWS. Isn’t one of the rationales for academies being to increase the number of players available?

Tarryn Thomas charged again , what a pathetic unit he must be

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think I'm sick to the back teeth at the amount smoke they're blowing up Harley Reid's arse. 4 minutes dedicated to talking to Petracca and Toby Greene about him on AFL 360.

Think I'm sick to the back teeth at the amount smoke they're blowing up Harley Reid's arse. 4 minutes dedicated to talking to Petracca and Toby Greene about him on AFL 360.
Of course they'll talk about to Petracca after Reids push off on him and then burning him off , that doesn't happen to Trac to be fair Ed

Of course they'll talk about to Petracca after Reids push off on him and then burning him off , that doesn't happen to Trac to be fair Ed
Sure, he's a great talent, but I think they're going well over the top with the amount of coverage they are giving him. Did you watch the 4 minute segment? Felt really forced.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back