No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Same number of wins (squiggle only counts the integer not the .4) but Freo with the better percentage so they would technically be 8th

Ok Professor geez 🤓

I think the Chinese got it wrong this year… according to their lunar calendar, 2024 is the year of the Dragon… but should it actually be the year of the Horse ??!!

I’ll fess up - I’ve been one of Horse’s biggest critics in the past .., and below are the main reasons why, but for each gripe I’ve added some comments about what the ‘2024 Horse’ has been doing differently:

* not playing Heeney in the middle - well whether it was planned or not, Isaac has played predominantly in the guts this year and is now the best player in the league!

• too conservative game style - this used to kill me, but this year we are playing fast attacking risk-reward footy and boy isn’t it just fantastic to watch!
  • similar to last point, Horse always wanted to put the cue in the rack whenever we had a decent lead going into the last quarter - but there are no signs of that this year and we are running out games better than ever
  • no plan B’s - this also used to bug me that whenever the opposition would get the better of us, it felt like Horse would stubbornly stick with plan A, and we’d usually end up losing the game - well this year, he and his staff seem to have all the right answers and we’ve been bouncing back strongly from poor periods in a game … also feels like we’ve been winning in a variety of ways too

And by not rushing Parker back into the side, he is sending a strong message to the team that this year, you 200% have to earn your spot!

Prbly a few other things as well, but I have rambled on for too long … may 2024 be the year of the Horse!!

I think the Chinese got it wrong this year… according to their lunar calendar, 2024 is the year of the Dragon… but should it actually be the year of the Horse ??!!

I’ll fess up - I’ve been one of Horse’s biggest critics in the past .., and below are the main reasons why, but for each gripe I’ve added some comments about what the ‘2024 Horse’ has been doing differently:

* not playing Heeney in the middle - well whether it was planned or not, Isaac has played predominantly in the guts this year and is now the best player in the league!

• too conservative game style - this used to kill me, but this year we are playing fast attacking risk-reward footy and boy isn’t it just fantastic to watch!
  • similar to last point, Horse always wanted to put the cue in the rack whenever we had a decent lead going into the last quarter - but there are no signs of that this year and we are running out games better than ever
  • no plan B’s - this also used to bug me that whenever the opposition would get the better of us, it felt like Horse would stubbornly stick with plan A, and we’d usually end up losing the game - well this year, he and his staff seem to have all the right answers and we’ve been bouncing back strongly from poor periods in a game … also feels like we’ve been winning in a variety of ways too

And by not rushing Parker back into the side, he is sending a strong message to the team that this year, you 200% have to earn your spot!

Prbly a few other things as well, but I have rambled on for too long … may 2024 be the year of the Horse!!
Just so you know there is a Horse thread , im not policing as your a new ish poster and mightn't have seen it

Squiggle has Freo playing finals from 9th

View attachment 1994398

Geelong second is the biggest laugh won't win more than 1 from the next 3, they are always diabolical after Darwin games. GWS might be playing meh, but have that as close to a lock this coming weekend.

Geelong second is the biggest laugh won't win more than 1 from the next 3, they are always diabolical after Darwin games. GWS might be playing meh, but have that as close to a lock this coming weekend.

Geelong were crap and I think aren't a top top side, but they also didn't send a few up to darwin or treat it with any respect.

They will beat GWS and Richmond IMO

Geelong were crap and I think aren't a top top side, but they also didn't send a few up to darwin or treat it with any respect.

They will beat GWS and Richmond IMO

They will beat Richmond yes. GWS beat them easily, should smoke them in the middle, and surely Toby actually gives a hoot once this year

They will beat Richmond yes. GWS beat them easily, should smoke them in the middle, and surely Toby actually gives a hoot once this year

We will see I guess. Surely Geelong pick a forward this week.

We will see I guess. Surely Geelong pick a forward this week.

Well Cameron is back isn't he after the mandatory stand down, Neale was pretty good last week. Their midfield is a huge problem minus Dangerfield. They looked a million times better when Holmes played as a genuine inside last week, pity this was done when the game was cooked and not before

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong have never played in Darwin before. How are the diabolical after Darwin games?

Fair, didn't they play one up top last year and got smacked the week after or was that Alice Springs or something.

They won't win anyway, trash midfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Back