List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: will update if ppl happy for this to sticky

Ok starting the hit list of names mentioned in any rumour as linked to us for 2023 trade period.
  • Mac Andrew
  • Hunter Clark
  • Zac Fisher
  • Sam Flanders
  • Mitch Georgiades
  • Liam Henry
  • Dougal Howard
  • Lewis Melican
  • Jack Silvagni
  • Dylan Stephens
  • Adam Tomlinson

Last edited:
I know we're short on KPF options but missing out on a guy who can't kick that just did his ACL isn't keeping me up at night.
He can take a bloody good mark though.
Agree my standards have taken a bit of a hit under the circumstances.
Does entering round 1 with Comben, CCJ, Larkey and a draftee KPF as our only key forward options keep you up at night too?

He can take a bloody good mark though.
Agree my standards have taken a bit of a hit under the circumstances.
Does entering round 1 with Comben, CCJ, Larkey and a draftee KPF as our only key forward options keep you up at night too?
Yeah, he has talent but before his knee he already needed huge amounts of work to become a good contributor. I'd rather pick up a fit guy that needs a lot of work like Gollant or Lord or a stop gap like Burgess.

Nah, I'm not to worried 2024 obviously not going to be a flag year and George, Zurhaar and Reid can all play tall too.

Yeah, he has talent but before his knee he already needed huge amounts of work to become a good contributor. I'd rather pick up a fit guy that needs a lot of work like Gollant or Lord or a stop gap like Burgess.

Nah, I'm not to worried 2024 obviously not going to be a flag year and George, Zurhaar and Reid can all play tall too.

First year coming off an ACL, and a first year player (presuming we draft him) playing 10cm taller than they are doesn't fill me with any confidence whatsoever tbh.

George who is coming off an ACL too!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Checking you've seen them actively linked to us in 2023 rumours? (not the 2022 trade period)
Jon Ralph and co reported the Fisher interest back in July.

ROOS, HAWKS INTEREST IN OUT OF FAVOUR BLUE

Zac Fisher has strong interest from three Victorian clubs including North Melbourne and Hawthorn as the Blues prepare to allow him to be traded for greater opportunities.

Fisher has two more years at the Blues but wants to play midfield, with West Coast bizarrely showing no interest as they instead go into the national draft.

He has not played since round 12 and will be traded, with his cash freeing up the club to pursue rival options and likely sign players like Tom De Koning.

Carlton has strong interest in St Kilda free agent Jade Gresham, who put together three huge weeks before a quiet 11-possession game against North Melbourne in another reminder of his inconsistency.

The Roos might be prepared to offer a long-term deal for Fisher as they grow out their midfield, which contains a long list of pure inside midfielders.

Fisher would give Hawthorn or the Roos some outside pace and quality ball use, although his season was disappointing for the Blues before he made way at selection.

Carlton had believed Tom De Koning was likely out the door as recently as a month ago but now believe he is likely to remain in a massive swing.

De Koning played ahead of Marc Pittonet last week - with Pittonet returning from a PCL sprain - and has showcased his athleticism and round-the-ground ability.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ben KcKay… I think he is not better than James Blank

your thoughts?…

I want North to keep him… do you want him to go?
McKay probably has kept our scores competitive in a lot of games, the guy knows how to intercept mark and nullify a key position player.

Issue is he gets caught in no man’s land a bit when he moves up to impact a play but doesn’t quiet get there.

Bottom line, if you didn’t have to trade for him, you’d take him everyday of the week.

McKay probably has kept our scores competitive in a lot of games, the guy knows how to intercept mark and nullify a key position player.

Issue is he gets caught in no man’s land a bit when he moves up to impact a play but doesn’t quiet get there.

Bottom line, if you didn’t have to trade for him, you’d take him everyday of the week.
Excellent analysis DesertRoo. just missed the part where he impacts little and is a poor kick to advantage.

When compared to a quality tall defender that beats his opponent. = GWS Taylor…a defender that rebounds well… May, and many others…

Sicily is an undersized no-one who somehow wins against bigger men.

McKay probably has kept our scores competitive in a lot of games.

So you should be wanting to keep him!
You should be saying! “Hands off Ben McKay, He Saves us”.

Drop the advertising… and be real… what player is a fair trade for your Ben?

what player is a fair trade for your Ben?
None.

He a free agent.

cdc.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back