No Oppo Supporters 2023 General AFLW Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

With North 5 goals to Melbourne's no goals 5 minutes in the last quarter the upset of the season?
or next week .... ;):p
I'm not sure North beating the Demons is an upset as people think. As much as it pains me Norf have been playing very very good football recently. But to win by an absolute thrashing is a surprise.

Are any of these games going to get close to selling out?
Only concern is the limited capacity of Norwood. That being said just realised members release is at 2pm , pretty sure combined the two teams don't have a base of 10,000 so should be able to get on and secure tickets prior to the public release.

Only concern is the limited capacity of Norwood. That being said just realised members release is at 2pm , pretty sure combined the two teams don't have a base of 10,000 so should be able to get on and secure tickets prior to the public release.
I just looked up the crowd at yesterday’s game. Just over 4,000.

So I imagine, even allowing for the impressive Swans support, there’ll be plenty of room.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow - Bec Goddard retiring.

Yeah! What do you make of it? Why "Wow"? She is certainly well credentialled as a premiership winning coach and so that makes the retirement decision surprising - is that what you mean? Also, I suspect it's not as simple as a choice to retirement, noting that it came on the back of "discussions" with club officials. Sounds like she may have been pushed as much as jumped.

However, I do recall that she took a break from the game already to pursue her career in the AFP (from memory - I may well be mistaken) so perhaps she wants to return to that again?

AFLW Awards night - B&F and AA team amongst the announcements.

7:50pm - BHP Community Coach of the Year Award - Scott Gowans
8:05pm - AFLW Umpires Rising Star Award - Ally Morphett
8:10pm - AFLW Rising Star announced - ditto
8:15pm - All-Australian presentation - Laura Gardiner, Lucy McEvoy maybe Chloe Molloy
8:45pm - 9:50pm 2023 AFLW Best and Fairest live vote count commences - Laura Gardiner runner up

OK time to turn on the TV

P
7:50pm - BHP Community Coach of the Year Award - Scott Gowans
8:05pm - AFLW Umpires Rising Star Award - Ally Morphett
8:10pm - AFLW Rising Star announced - ditto
8:15pm - All-Australian presentation - Laura Gardiner, Lucy McEvoy maybe Chloe Molloy
8:45pm - 9:50pm 2023 AFLW Best and Fairest live vote count commences - Laura Gardiner runner up

OK time to turn on the TV
Probably not but a delightful thought!

OK, Rising Star, here we go.......

....we have Ally Morphett and Ella Heads nominated. And Sophia Hurley.

Last edited:
And the winner is .... Zarlie Goldsworthy from GWS. No idea if she deserves it more than our girls did.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back